New Battlefield 4 server patch released

New server patch fixes the most common game server crash.

Battlefield 4 server patch
Battlefield 4 has not only been plagued by client crashes and freezes, but also by much worse server crashes — when a server goes down, the game ends for all players and all stats and progress are lost.

DICE just rolled out another server update, which includes a fix for “the most common game server crash”, according to the official patch notes. The previous server update, released just a few days ago, fixed the “Join server queues”. The latest server patch, called “R6”, should be rolled out to Battlefield 4 multiplayer servers worldwide by now.

Battlefield 4 has been out for a week now, and already we’ve seen several server patches released. Regarding a client patch, things could take longer, as the patch has to go through testing. It could take even longer for consoles, as the patch has to go through various certification procedures at Microsoft and Sony.

Yesterday, DICE revealed that they are working on fixing the game crashes on the PC and consoles. There is no official release date on the patch, but we wouldn’t expect the patch for at least another week or two, as it looks like these are serious issues that have to be addressed.

1. Ryan
    November 4th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

What about an update to suppose creating a squad with friends before you get into a match on the Xbox 360? Am I missing something? Why would you release the game with so many issues for the counsel? It’s kind of embarrassing for EA and the Battlefield franchise. With multiple glitches in game and out of game, constant freezing, and no pre-game squad support, I would rate this as one of the worst Battlefield games I’ve played in a LONG time.

• UNIT398
      November 7th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Cause they just wanted to dull down the 360 version and get it out there for the current 360 users so they can spend more time on the Xbox One version… But unfortunately not all of us can afford a $500 system… I can’t even play the game at all… I got like half way through the story and it corrupted my save data and I had to start all over again, only for it to mess my save data again… And then when I try to play multiplayer I try to load Hianah Resort and or Dawn Breaker it freezes about 95% of the time.. It’s sad that I’m enjoying Call Of Duty Ghost more than Battlefield 4, a game I was so excited for… I hope they fix then game cause I really want to play it….

2. bella
    November 4th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

too late, we already returned this pos game

3. Kim
    November 4th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Yeah, keep on releasing unfinished games. Good going!

4. Derek S.
    November 4th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Atleast they are trying to fix the problems. A lot of games are like this on release. Just watch, in a couple weeks when it’s finally fixed, people are going to come crawling back to this “pos” game.

• N-Shifter
      November 4th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Exactly.

Name another game of this scale that releases without any issues, it’s not possible because it never happens.

• CurryBean
        November 5th, 2013 at 2:23 am

They conducted a 1 month long Beta people. Server issues aside, for those of us still suffering with freezing issues, this isn’t good enough. I have paid for a game which currently isn’t playable.

So I wont be tipping my hat to the fact that they are currently trying to correct their mistakes…

Also for the record, my system meets every specification required including a recent upgrade to Windows 8.1

5. chris
    November 5th, 2013 at 1:25 am

You have to remember even battlefield 3 had its big issues on release it took them years to get it running perfect then they release thenew one so give it time its a big undertaking as of right now for a massive game like this not to mention bf3 push the console limits so give it time itll be qorth it

6. mr.greywater
    November 5th, 2013 at 5:52 am

Well, even after the server patch, the server crashed in my 3rd match today. The patch perhaps fixed some of the server crashes, but not all of them.

7. BanDi
    November 5th, 2013 at 7:08 am

IT’S NOT SOLVED for me!

8. TheHippotail
    November 5th, 2013 at 9:11 am

Why are so many people complaining about how this is an unfinished game because of glitches (not all on this site)? When was the last time you ever saw a big AAA title like this get released without any glitches whatsoever?

• have2laugh
      November 6th, 2013 at 7:27 am

no one is expecting “no glitches whatsoever” but people do expect to be able to get through at least one round without the game crashing.

Worse still, these are problems present across all platforms and they happen almost 100% of the time, so it’s not like they could possibly have slipped through test unnoticed.

• Gary9159
        November 10th, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Sorry to butt in on this, but you have to be patient for the game. Although many people are experiencing freezes and even data loss, its not impossible to gain back, remember this game hadn’t come out a month ago form where everyone is in the high levels, multiple people are still at level 1 to 10 and gaining. EA will never be able to ace a particularly large game like Battlefield 4. Its fairly hard. I support EA, also remember that they tried hard in trying to fix as many issues as possible during the month long Beta. Battlefield 3 didn’t come out perfectly the first day and neither should Battlefield 4. An just for the record, my game only freezes on certain maps for example Hainan Resort and Dawn Breaker, give EA some time and eventually, you will be having the best time of your life playing the hit game Battlefield 4. I understand the frustration of the owners of games that freeze almost 98.9 percent of the time, you shouldn’t be happy your game would do that, and my game freezes almost 85 percent of the time, that’s fairly high, and im not to happy either, out of my frustration i spent almost 2 days worth of time trying to fix this problem thinking my Xbox 360 was broken, for example a warped mother board, or destroyed fan. My Xbox gets fairly hot because i like to play a lot, i thought i broke my Xbox from playing BF4 so much. And for the owners of BF4 that had lost there data, remember its just a game, its brand new, and this certain thing you are able to gain back. EA is trying right now so give them some time and maybe you will be happy, but for now if you don’t want to experience freezing, play a different game like Ghosts or BF3, watch some TV, play your computer, or even go outside. Keep in mind Ghosts wasn’t extremely perfect either, I have heard reports of over powered guns, and terrible frame rate. I dont expect anyone to be completely happy with the games glitches nor do i expect anyone to expect a glitchless perfect game of Battlefield. But eventually the game will be much better but for now just wait and it will happen.

• Crypto4401
      November 17th, 2013 at 12:06 pm

The bugs, they happen, the issue that gets me… Is the utter lack of pre match lobbies. Such a huge and important feature being totally and 100% absent suggests that the game inst complete.

9. An egg
    November 5th, 2013 at 11:14 am

Beta ran more smooth than this

10. Maverick1776
    November 5th, 2013 at 10:09 pm

How about release the game when it’s finished ?
    I believe this is EA’s fault. Lets push a new battlefield game out before holiday season 2013….. *Contract Signed*
    Dice, 23 months later…… *Crap its not finished*
    Calls EA… EA responds *We had a contract, release the #$%#%@ game, and patch it later. We need to counter that new COD game*

just my 2cents.

11. have2laugh
    November 6th, 2013 at 7:24 am

It’s a good job that we haven’t already seen an EA game launch in an unplayable state once this year… Now, where did I put my copy of Sim City?

I strongly suggest that everyone take advantage of the no quible returns policy and send the only message that businesses understand: You cant have my money until your product actually works.

12. CausticSoldier
    November 6th, 2013 at 11:14 am

The game has really turned me into a EA/DICE hater. This thing has ever so slowly progressed into maybe a crash every two maps or so instead of every map.

My system is not a POS either and for that matter I did a complete fresh installation of my OS, with all critical updates and the latest WHQL drivers for everything on my system. I have done everything EA suggested and then some and despite all their So called resolutions and server updates the Game remains a total POS. Do not buy this game, at least not now until you can actually read posts on the BF4 sites and here at BF4 central that speak less and less of problems and more consistency in terms of playing time. In reality, when you stop seeing posts in multitudes about the CRASHING of this game then it might be time to get it. Until then, DO NOT FEED THEIR BANKROLL until they get it right.

13. Doom
    November 6th, 2013 at 7:39 pm

BF4. efffff you, you M.F. pieces of sh*t. You c*nt wh*res produced this game with more errors, glitches, and freezes than any other game, EVER. You should all dive head first into a pit of spikes.

• F*CK EA AND DICE
      November 7th, 2013 at 9:04 am

Fully agreed. Useless Devs. How can you have a BETA and release a game like this?

• Rob
      November 8th, 2013 at 7:58 pm

+1 Well said.

14. Ed
    November 14th, 2013 at 7:31 am

Battlefield 4 is good and all but untill they update it and make it so theres a pregame lobby so you can squad up with friends. Infinity Ward and COD Ghosts will continue to dominate in ratings. I hope Dice reads all our comments and adds a pre game lobby so you can play with friends right away instead of waiting for the people to leave so your friends can join.

15. Ron
    November 14th, 2013 at 10:06 am

No it didn’t. It’s even worse. The game crash after each round. Thanks. Great job.

16. Dad De Kenster
    November 14th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Shame on EA & Dice —
    you hacks – you don’t ship a product not ready then force us to wait while you take your time to fix if your able

i have never had an xbox crash until this i’ve had 20 since bf 4 released you screw ups – the beta worked better

i didn’t send partial payment – your liars and thieves
    your deadlines are your responsibility if you can’t deliver get out

shame on you

17. Toby is pissed
    November 17th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I’ve become sixth best in MN. Now I’m 267th… big middle finger way up to DICE and as for EA… maybe they shouldn’t ” challenge everything” cause they’re obviously not doing it right….at all.