New videos show how horrible Battlefield 4 netcode is

Video examples of the horrible state of the netcode in the game.

Last week we posted an article where we called Battlefield 4 “unplayable” and that it wasn’t worth the money. If you still aren’t convinced that the game is unplayable, watch some of the videos below. If you manage to get past the crashes and game freezes, you’re stuck with a netcode that’s just plain atrocious, by any standard.

While DICE has promised they’re working on a patch to fix the crashes, we’ve heard nothing regarding the netcode, which governs all of Battlefield 4 multiplayer.

DICE has previously said that “you can never have perfect netcode“. Maybe not, but at least we expect it to be somewhat playable.

We stand by our initial report: the game is unplayable and not worth $60. It hurts us to say this, but DICE has shipped what is quite possibly the worst release in Battlefield’s history.

We hate to be the ones constantly pointing this out and “complaining”, but someone has to say this. Someone has to speak up and let EA and DICE know that this is unacceptable. This is not what a $60 product is supposed to be like.

DICE should be ashamed of themselves.

Battlefield 4 netcode videos

The first video shows the current state of the netcode. The video speaks for itself.

This video perfectly illustrates just how bad and frustrating the netcode is.

Another video shows how sniping is affected with netcode.

This video shows how the netcode sometimes lags behind considerably when firing a weapon. He empties the magazine at the enemy, none of the shots register at first. A moment later, he gets a confirmed kill.

More net code lag…

Even on consoles (including huge FPS drops):

Not a single hit registers during the first burst here:

More videos illustrating the problems with multiplayer…

1. mohammad
    November 5th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

“you can never have perfect netcode“ lol BF3’s netcode is flawless compared to this… & congrats ea a third time in a row worst company in usa award for you here you must be very proud of it .

• Gas4u
      November 6th, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    • Jeadan
      November 11th, 2013 at 10:18 am

Can you add this.
      it was like more than 10 hits on his face. (Shotgun)

• Not Concerned
      November 18th, 2013 at 6:24 pm

EA should not have released BF4 as early as they did. They should have tested it further and made sure it was as good as it possibly could have been. That being said, people should stop complaining. I believe the game isn’t worth $60 dollars atm. But I bought the game on release and am now stuck with it. But, the problems people are experiencing can all be fixed. It’s not like the game itself is broken and will never be playable. When the game is completely fixed I believe it will be the best FPS to date, from any company. I just wish people would stop bashing and hating on the game so much. The problems are being worked on and the game will shine, in all of it’s glory soon enough.

• JDBernal
        November 25th, 2013 at 11:07 am

Are they going to fix the way tanks slide around like it’s the freaking ice capades? The game just isn’t fun. I’m sorry, but making a map that forces players to camp and aim at a little opening in a hallway just isn’t Battlefield. My first Battlefield experience was the game Bad Company 2. It instantly converted me into a Battlefield fanboy. It’s been almost 5 years and they still can’t match the experience you get when playing BFBC2!

• Josh
          November 29th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

The could have stuck with battlefield 3 and upgraded this 4 is just not fun and crap very disappointed

2. DICEcube
    November 5th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

electronic farts ruined the gaming industries

3. Cal 5000
    November 5th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Jesus, first video I click on and the guy clearly missed the shot. Why would you use a red dot scope ans when he’s not looking pull the shot behind his head and blame the “netcode”.

DICE is far from perfect but half these clips are guys playing like it’s CoD and screaming netcode when they miss shots. As a sniper I’m totally offended on that cop out, he pulled the shot with a bad scope cause he rushed it. He was close but in slow motion that was clearly a missed shot.
    Don’t post random clips without their builds, their ping and the other person’s ping before you post it as “evidence”.
    Hit Reg online is a joke on most games but be honest about the issues in both sides.

• Agreed
      November 5th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Totally agree, the guy is pray-spraying and missing and crying he missed. All without saying the opponent probably had a 400ms ping.

This is on reason why anyone over 150ms gets banned from our servers.

• AliGGGGGG
      November 5th, 2013 at 3:33 pm

This atrocious netcode is the reason you can empty an entire clip of bullets into your enemy from close range, only for said enemy to turn around and kill you with what may look like a single bullet.

This horrible netcode is the reason you die 2-3 seconds AFTER diving into cover, only to be revealed, that on your enemy’s screen, you never made it to cover at all.

This garbage of a netcode is the reason you can pump someone’s face full of shotgun shells and blow someone up with C4, only to see them happily run right on by without having taken ANY damage whatsoever, and the list goes on.

In its current state, BF4 is completely inconsistent. Skill doesn’t matter a lot when the game takes your enemy’s shots into account earlier than it does yours. Sometimes, thanks to the bad netcode, the game is more luck-based than anything, no matter what weapon you have or how much of a distance there is between you and your enemy, and when you need to be lucky in order to score a kill, there’s a big problem.

One would hope DICE learned from the mistakes they made in BF3, but in this case, they made it even worse. They did nothing to improve BF3’s netcode, and right now, it is unlikely that they will do much about BF4’s.

Bottom line, a $60 AAA game should NOT have such big issues, especially if EA expects people to cough up an additional $50 for DLC.

• Fembot
      November 8th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

watch the rest of the video he got killed buy the guy while crouched behind the wall.

• john doe
      November 24th, 2013 at 3:37 pm

What about dying after he ducks under cover? That’s clearly bad netcode to me.

• Themisshot
      May 7th, 2014 at 7:00 am

He didn’t miss men, if you look closely the crosshair was perfect fit on that guy he was shooting.

November 5th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I really don’t understand how most people and you guys say its unplayable. Ive been playing it just fine since release, the game has frozen up on me 3 times since. At rank 15 now.. Other than a few graphical and sound issues on a couple of maps it runs great for me. Money well spent in my book.

I7 @ 4.8
    16Gb Ram
    GTX 780 Classified
    30 inch 2560 x 1600 display
    XFI sound
    Win 7 ultimate
    Nvidia drivers 331.65
    Getting 70=80 fps in all ultra settings

• ViKrieg
      November 5th, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Because not everyone has those specs BL, stop being so full on stupid.
      Just because you hardly experience issues, doesn’t mean that people who are having trouble are lying.
      Listing your “supposed” specs doesn’t do a damn thing to fix problems.
      I could do the same thing, since I have the same specs.
      But why bother when I know it’s just stroking my e-peen.
      The game is out, just play it and stop talking about your specs 24/7.

• muf
        November 7th, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Its nothing to do with the setup, ive the same setup.
        However bad the netcode can be, if its bad in the same way all the time you can at least predict whats happening and make stuff work out.

With bf4 its pretty random so theres nothing you can do. You get shot behind walls that you haven’t even passed as if the textures at issues too (its hard to say), you shoot people but hits don’t record, etc.

People not noticing it probably aren’t very good gamers. Well known gamers all complain about this.
        So yeah the main issue is randomness.

• Max Morril
      November 6th, 2013 at 1:55 am

How are you getting between 70 and 80 fps in ultra when it locks the framerate at 60 hz’s?? I am curious because I would like to unlock this if I could..

• Nick Wil
        November 6th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Turn off vsync.

• Johnny4017
      November 7th, 2013 at 8:19 am

Of course you don’t understand because you are lucky enough to be able to play without much problems…i had to reinstall all my drivers(graphic drivers…bios driver…motherboard driver…sound drivers) and the damn thing keept crashing and kicking me out…then i downloaded smart port forwarder and got rid of disconnectiong but the game still crashes from time to time….even the singleplayer is crashing…never had this much problems with BF3….EA pushed DICE and this is what we get…a broken game

• Marc
      November 7th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I don`t have specs as good as this, but i can still play with 60fps with every settings at ultra but I keep crashing after a few minutes of playing(15 minutes max if I`m lucky). So there is obviously a huge problem with BF4 if someone can play their game at 60FPS on ultra but still keeps crashing every few minutes, not even able to finish a game(and I`m not lacking RAM for the game since I tried playing with the task manager open on my second screen and it shows I always have between 1 and 2 GB left of RAM).

5. Fidius
    November 5th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I had a great time so far only a few times has my night been spoiled and actually not crashing for almost 3 maps straight which was ridiculous and on occasions ive not had any lag or sound issues which really upset me and made me wonder why i brought the game, but tonight it was business as usual and i was back to crashing every other map etc …..please dice dont screw this game up for me by making it playable or i might have to play that arcade game with cartoon graphics and sounds pinched from the sega megadrive ….call of duty ghosts!!!

6. Aurimas
    November 5th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Seriously all this videos either missed shots or lag not a netcode.

7. N-Shifter1
    November 5th, 2013 at 5:33 pm

This place is becoming a hateful, spiteful place to visit for Battlefield news, keep this up and you’ll start losing visitors.

And yes, in quite a few of those instances the shooter is just missing the shot, the game isn’t perfect by far but people crying over every little thing is pathetic, it isn’t even full released yet on all platforms, it’s going to take time to get things ironed out. If people don’t have the patience to wait and put up with a few screw ups until it has been sorted then your playing the wrong series.

• bored
      November 6th, 2013 at 7:34 am

No sir, it is people who put up with shoddy products that ruin a series and people who report on shoddy products are just relaying true events.

• AliGGGGGG
      November 6th, 2013 at 11:29 am

I really doubt that one can miss even when he’s basically standing in front of his enemy. A lot of the above shots actually hit, but the game did not register them.

If you don’t like reading the naked truth about the current state of BF4, put your pink-tinted glasses back on and take off. People are raging because many of them were screwed over, paying big $$$ for a broken, unfinished product nowhere near the state the devs promised it would be in. Said devs held an alpha and even an open beta to collect feedback. Did they improve anything? No.

• WeeTaWDiD
        November 17th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Yea and the beta ran better than the finished product, explain that one

8. artur
    November 5th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I can not finish single map without crashing. And now this shit, even if I can play my bullets doesn’t count? I payed 69 euros for something I cant enjoin???
    Its just stealing from my pockets way I see it. Its just worst experience in game history for me. High hopes came crashing down.

9. Nahuel
    November 5th, 2013 at 11:10 pm

DICEEEEEEEEEEEE FIX Netcode Please !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. M3tal M3ltdown
    November 6th, 2013 at 4:32 am

This game is bad optimised. This is the least I cand say. Vehicles, people collision, lag and crashes. Those things are real not any sort of player’s fantasy.
    We allready knew about BF2, bad company 2 and BF3 but this one is the worst I have experienced. Massively worst than Planetside 2 which is a MMOFPS with multiple hundred of peoples at the same time. (no destruction and heavy physic)

Bye EA / DICE
    NEVER NERVER AGAIN! It takes me time but now it’s definitive.

11. Peter
    November 6th, 2013 at 4:43 am

Everyone who says that everthing is fine, go back to BF3 and play…it works great. You probably not very good at FPS to notice that Battlefield 4 is utter BS.

12. InSaNeOldGuy
    November 6th, 2013 at 5:26 am

Thanks for writing this article… When guys like bf4central post a topic like this maybe DICE will pay attention. They say there’s no problem with EA’s Blaze this time around, but I wonder if somehow they’re masking those problems by calling them “bugs in the game”. Just hard to believe that we had sooo many problems with Blaze in BF3, and all of a sudden supposedly there’s no more Blaze problems, but our servers are crashing like never before. Paracel can’t be run, Siege crashes the whole server when the building comes down, and Lancang is so rubber banded it’s a joke to add to rotation :\ This is across the board; not related to any particular RSP. Everybody running servers knows you can’t run those maps…

13. Console420
    November 6th, 2013 at 7:09 am

I play on ps3,, and I really dislike that it laggs a long ass time when a game starts and your running or on a vehicle and it’s super silent for about a minute until the noise of the vehicle turning on sounds,, like wtf! These problems should of been fixed since the longest.. New engine my ass! I guess anyone could work at dice as long as you know how to use a computer lol lets strike against them!!lol no premium until gets fixed! X)

14. Chance
    November 6th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Holy shit, you guys act as if the game is going to be flawless right on release. Every game isn’t at it’s best right at release. And it doesn’t help considering that half of the Battlefield fans are impatient bastards. I bet DICE would’ve spent at lease another year on the game if the fans would stop nagging them for a game. Just give it a month or two and a lot of things will be fixed.

• AliGGGGGG
      November 6th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

You are an idiot. Do your goddamn research before accusing the player base for the issues present in the game.

First of all, none of us expected a flawless game on release. With the amount of stuff DICE have to keep in check, I’m sure most of us knew the game would ship with some bugs, but fact is, several bugs in BF3 are present in BF4, bugs which they had two years to fix. In this case, DICE had a base to start from. We do not expect everything to be perfect, but for the amount of money they charge for it, they should deliver a product that works to say the least.

Also, it’s not us who are impatient, it’s EA. They wanted to beat CoD to the market, and the game obviously suffered because of that. It’s well-known that they have a tendency of rushing developers in order to meet some pretty strict deadlines. Many players wanted DICE to keep polishing BF3 instead of launching BF4.

• JDBernal
        November 25th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Many people wanted BFBC3. BF3 was garbage and BF4, although somewhat better, is nothing more than BF3 2.0. I am losing patience with DICE. I may have to buy an XBOX ONE and convert to a game like Titanfall. DICE has failed to deliver a quality first person shooter since BFBC2 in my opinion.

• kakarot-uchiha
      November 18th, 2013 at 10:36 pm

DUDE! JUST WOW! YES OF COURSE IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE PERFECT ON RELEASE! where the hell… i just can’t… “so i bought a new coffee pot yesterday, box looked good, it held water, company says i should have coffee in a week or two” how bout ‘got the stingray, it ran awesome! next month gm will put seats in it”
      IT IS RIDICULOUS TO TAKE THIS! IT’S ONLY IN THE PAST COUPLE YEARS AND GAME INFORMER EIC ‘oh, oo, oo cmon guys day one patches are ok.’ NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!! GETTING 60 dollars back and leaving fewer and fewer of you tolerant victims corporate apologists online is ok! ‘well it’s the customers fault, wanting a game’ i know all the trailers announced it was broken and the glitchiest release, all the E3 hype of the bf4 launch promisary note,but still.
      hundreds of millions of dollars hundreds of employees ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE! ITS DICE NOT EA!!! LOOK AT HOW MANY DO IT WELL!
      NO EXCUSE! DELAY IT! IT’S BETTER THAN ‘RETURN IT!’ but the attitude is worse ‘mnew ooh c’mon guys you never see any working products on the shelf. its your fault. i told you that day one patch was just a one time thing with one game cause our schedule got moved ahead.’

15. Sergej
    November 6th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I hope the numbers of people who are complain about this netcode issue will grow stronger.
    I don’t wont to play a “Russian-Roulette” where you can die 6 times in a row because shit is going on.

16. sas
    November 6th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

the game is a catastrofy im skilled player in bf3 this one just sucks i hawe a feling im playing for first time fps games shooting and dying is a disaster god damn it i wanth my money back to buy COD ghosts fuuu dice wery disapointed me wery. now im off to smoke a cigaret im so nervos 🙁 chiao

17. Orion
    November 6th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Wow, you guys sound like a bunch of whiny entitled children.
    Welcome to the release of a video game.
    There are so many different PC and internet configurations that nothing will ever be perfect, and there will always be bugs on launch, unless you want to be like Blizzard and Valve and wait 5 years between games (and also not have shiny graphics. . . and still have bugs at launch anyway).

You paid $60 for this game. OMG. $60. sixty whole dollars.
    How much is your time worth? If you make minimum wage in the US, about $7. How many hours have you spent playing Battlefield games?

Man you guys drive me crazy. Quit bitching or do something constructive.
    At least I know the authors of articles like this are just after the controversy views, and I admire them for at least knowing to do that, even if I think it’s a shyster way of operating.

• Anonymous
      November 6th, 2013 at 7:48 pm

tl;dr, you’re a whiny child that doesn’t like when other people complain about not getting their money’s worth?

• muf
        November 7th, 2013 at 8:02 pm

pretty much.

• ValueThyConsumer
      November 7th, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Yes, those bitches are so unreasonable, right? I mean, they want an overpriced PRODUCT they paid for to work as intended…

It seems fools have grown content with corporations ripping people off on a massive scale.

• Bob Barker
      November 8th, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Customers have the right to complain for purchasing an unpolished product. Customers are not EA’s “quality assurance department” and it’s apparent they aren’t spending enough resources in that area. Some of the issues with the game are so blatantly obvious that it’s absurd that they actually launched the game in it’s current state – and keep in mind this is after a “patch” that console users downloaded on day one. If this was a new IP made by a new company, people would probably be more lenient, but Dice isn’t new to the industry and they should know better by now.

You’re like a brainwashed sheep that’s sympathizing for corporations (aka “The man”) and sticking up for them in internet discussions. It’s pathetic.

“Hey retard what did you do today?”

You> “I defended a brand that I’m loyal to over the internet! I was telling consumers they shouldn’t complain and just be complacent like me. GO GO EA !!!!!!!! You’ve got my money for life!!! regardless of quality!!!”

• king
      November 15th, 2013 at 1:33 am

it should not matter if i got the game for free or i paid for it.. it should still work or it should not be released. very simple.COMMON SENSE.grab some .
      make games with plug and play controller support. very simple. your Bitching” about others bitching, doesn’t even make sense. i have ten year old games that have better controller support. there are no excuses to the stupidity behind the ea desks. if you cant comprehend the dumb behind the game, maybe dumb games are made for people like you. ill bet you still play with a mouse and keyboard too.

• JDBernal
      November 25th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Hey bro, it’s more than 60$, with tax it’s 65$ not to mention an extra 50$ for DLC. Also, you can’t multi-player on the PS4 without Playstation Plus which is 50$ a year or something. That’s a grand total of 165$!!!! For 165$ you better be delivering a flawless experience or you are going to be killing your brand. It’s called criticism and mankind has been very good at it for sometime now so get used it idiot.

18. not important
    November 7th, 2013 at 1:06 am

If you think this is lag or bad aiming and not netcode then that is your own choice. Its strange that in bf3 with a ping of 20-30 and 100fps it happens to me constantly. I have no problem aiming, kinda point n click. Anyway they didn’t fix it in bf3 so why would they fix it in bf4? Crap netcode removes the competitive from competitive mp.

19. Robert
    November 7th, 2013 at 9:38 am

Honestly, I’ve seen many instances of there being issues like these, and I can attribute all of them to being on a high ping server. I never go on a server that is greater than 75ms ping, and I especially like it when a server auto kicks anyone over 200. When everyone is within that range, it all works quite well.

The whole “netcode” issue is because there is a heavy reliance on the client side. This allows you to take 1500m shots and get hits. This allows for debris and destruction and sounds and effects to look RIGHT. If you would rather go back to Counter Strike days where you constantly have to figure where the person is NOW, when you are essentially seeing a constant after-image of the person, go ahead. But you will never be able to cram as dynamic an environment into a game that runs server side and expect it to run well unless everyone is in the same building as the server.

Just find a low ping server, and you will have a better time.

• ValueThyConsumer
      November 7th, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Hmm, strange… I used to make 500m+ shots all the time on BF2 (2005). Must have been that old crappy netcode. *HINT* server side netcode is WAY better than client side if you have low ping.

• Hexcaliber
      November 9th, 2013 at 12:34 am

I only tend to play on sub 20 ping servers, many I ping around 10-15 and its horrendous, I never see servers over 35 40 in my browser list, but I pay through the nose for superior internet and am penalized for it in BF 4.

Some of the problems shown in those videos and seen by players are due a coding technique called client side prediction, and it always works in favour of the higher ping player. The lower ping player’s client is making predictions as to the position of higher ping players in the absence of packets as to their whereabouts, and displaying those predictions to the player even when wrong and correcting mistakes AFTER, when it does receive packets.

As players can only react to what they are shown on screen, they are getting f’kd by this prediction system. The higher ping players are getting as steady a stream of packets as their network can handle and are seeing no predictions of the low ping players location, what they see is what the server says is there. Of course depending how higher the ping is of the high ping player they may see a different set of issues related to lag. Feel free to Google network prediction and lag compensation, these are systems dice use and the ones at fault at present.

Also, note, when I talk about high ping players, you at 75 ms ping would cause issues for me at 10 ping, as my system is already trying to predict based on the difference in latency and inevitably making mistakes in its prediction. Even a fraction of a second difference is enough to penalise the lower ping player in a game that often relies on fast reflexes. I can fire 3 or 4 shots at someone that is not there, the first most accurate shots from my weapon are expended before the server says I can see you, and I am already being affected by weapon stability when you see me and open fire.

There is not one problem with the netcode there are several; to compound the issues caused by network prediction, they do not reliably handle synch issues or packet loss, which leads to the famous “ghost” bullets that players are also familiar with, emptying clips at point blank with no affect, only for victim to turn around and kill you. There are other symptoms of bad netcode that are seen in game and are obvious once you are aware and understand what to look for.

Suffice to say, playing on low ping servers is not a solution to the problem, for many it is the source of one of the problems

• john owen
      November 13th, 2013 at 6:29 pm

bs man i have a 12ms ping on my server and that has no bearing on this terrible netcode

20. Pete Orr
    November 7th, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Laughed at: “you can never have perfect netcode“. Just look at game such as CS:GO, Crysis 3, Quakelive, heck even battlefield 2 had flawless netcodes. That statement is just so much bullshit this is beyond comprehension of any living humanbeing. EA is just being EA and fckign us sideways. Reason why their netcode sucks is simply because the game-engine was designed for almost decade old consoles and because they are running too many virtual servers in one physical server and doesn’t want to invest in a data-center (for example: Valve has more than 2000 physical server solely for DOTA2).

21. Beta Trianguli
    November 8th, 2013 at 3:34 am

I suggest that everyone stop playing until Dice fix this broken netcode

22. smokey
    November 8th, 2013 at 3:52 am

I have bought many games over the years that have been crud, but this is the all time winner, as it is not just a question of hit boxes, but the consistent hangs, crashes, and this just makes the game unplayable.
    I live in the uk, and if I could return this game, and get my money back I would, but it seems I can’t, so EA have me, and many people over a barrel.
    Played all the BF series, and yea there have been issues, but I will not be buying anymore games from EA/Dice ever again.
    After paying £100 I feel, as though I have been mugged by EA.
    Competing with there rivals ie cod I can understand, but not when it comes to shagging your good customers who are your bread, and butter.
    Goodbye EA/Dice enough is enough.

23. Kable
    November 8th, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I am so glad you guys are covering this issue. The game is completely unplayable when you can open up with a full 36 round on another player and they receive no damage only to have them turn around and shot you with a pistol through a wall and watch as you die only to see them with 100 health. At first I thought I was missing, but then I walked up behind another player and shot them point blank in the head with a pistol and low and behold, no damage. I emptied a whole clip only to watch as they turn and plug me with one shot and then see that they have 100% of their health. Then I started thinking these guys must be cheating, but after watching your video, it show’s exactly what I have been going through. Personally I want a refund, but I have yet to hear from EA or DICE on the issue. I did get a reply in the forums that stated that my issue would be corrected with patch R9, but they just rolled out R7 yesterday and dice and EA are both stating how they have fixed most of the major issues. ARG! Come on guys!

• 1AmoK
      November 11th, 2013 at 1:38 am

Completely agree!

24. byron lashus
    November 8th, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Iv’e been a console gamer for life and decided to get bf4 on pc because I heard the graphics were top notch. Seriously disapointed, hit detection horrible, net code horrible, getting stuck on a rock or tree limb then getting launched fifty feet in the air, priceless… Avoid Flood Zone At All Cost

25. murdo
    November 8th, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Have to agree with Byron lashus here.

I had it pre ordered on the 360, but changed my mind and got it on the PC.
    To say the last, I’m dissapointed so far. Emptied a while clip into someone’s back, only for them to firm round and kill me in an instant. Very frustrating.

A.t.m, is not with the 70euro I paid for it, however do agree its new and will have some issues. I do hope it gets better soon.

26. murdo
    November 8th, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Please forgive the bad grammar. Predictive text lol.

27. Really?
    November 9th, 2013 at 3:05 pm

My God! You sad, bitching bastards think that this game is to be flawless?! It takes time to find and fix bugs! Plus, the game just came out not even a month ago! Half the time, the people who record just suck and blame the game for getting killed when it is clearly their own fault for not having any skill what so ever. You guys need to get a life, and stop bitching about a stupid game. At least Battlefield 4 is better than Call of Duty:Ghosts. I have not played it yet because I have the patience to wait until they fix the bugs (I’ll start playing at Christmas). And even then, some of your computers may be crap like mine was. I’m also getting a new computer and I’ll just say, sometimes its the game, other times its the computer.

• Cold Canuck
      November 9th, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Flawless?
      What a joke. I’d be happy to get the damned thing to run with even a halfway decent frame rate….right now, it is completely unplayable.
      And, as I already said, the beta worked just fine on this same system, so why has it now taken to displaying 2-5 fps??

And this is after I reset the core parking limit.

28. Realist
    November 9th, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Nothing wrong with DICE here. Look what they’ve achieved on the surface.
    The sheer size, complexity, look, feel and sound of this game and all of their games are incredible. Maybe not up on par with Ubisoft, but that’s like comparing silver to platinum; different fish altogether.
    The real problem is the apes up in Electronic Asshats who push deadlines harder than they push objects up their holes. Given another year on this, it would be the game of the decade. They have almost unlimited funding underneath the very talented and dedicated devs, but that goes nowhere when you have brain damaged mongoloids puppeteering you. If the twats up top would realise that Battlefield has far more than enough to stand on it’s own merits without having to be a direct competitor to CoD then we would get polished releases with so few bugs it wouldn’t be worth complaining about. But the little man-boys have a massive insecurity complex and need to compete at everything, which just ruins quality.

29. Mike
    November 12th, 2013 at 4:45 am

Another video showing how bad the netcode is :

I understand that the better ping you have, the more netcode effects you’ll have, got a 2 ms ping (yes, hard to have a better ping) and I get affected by netcode all the maps, gets killed behind walls, gets killed by 2 – 3 bullets, and have to kill with 10 – 15 bullets.

30. charlie
    November 12th, 2013 at 4:48 am

LOOK ITS LIKE THIS
    IT,S CRAP COMPARED TO BATTLEFIELD 3
    END OF STORY

E A SHOULD HAVE BEEFED UP BATTLEFIED 3
    CALLED IT BATTLEFIELD 3 A
    AND SO ON
    WHAT A WAST OF MONEY
    COST ME 60 EURO
    IM TOTALLY P——-D OFF
    WITHIN 30 MINS I WENT BACK TO BATTLEFIELD 3

31. firestone
    November 13th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I’ve never had a problem.

32. superbad
    November 13th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Fortunately I bought GTAV and BF4 the same day… so I don’t have to play that crappy BF4 until they fix all those problems… if they ever do it

33. superbad
    November 13th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Let’s see in a couple of years when BF5 is launched… let’s see how many they sell

34. ct
    November 14th, 2013 at 1:28 am

bf3 was far from a perfect release everyone bitched about that too now your bitching about a game that hasnt been out long and is basically being beta tested before december….most likely it will be fixed before then because christmas time=more revenue seriously either return the game and stop crying or wait for the patches like the rest of us its hardly a minimal deal

35. AndIamDutch
    November 14th, 2013 at 11:33 am

You’re saying.

36. king
    November 15th, 2013 at 1:26 am

wow.. it took me forever to get a controller working with battlefield 3, ( because really, who the f*ck wants to sit and use a keyboard and mouse other than minecraft nerds and people who the gaming industry has passed by long ago). still to this day, battlefied 3 isnt fully working correctly and its made the game beyond shitty. battlefield 4 is a joke. holy shit. ive never had a game that sucks so bad. NO controller support other then shitty ass xpadder and similar crap software that takes a goddamn month to set up right for these types of games.
    the worst headache gamers have ever been introduced to. WOW.. such a beautiful game, and its 90% unplayable. fire the whole team for being incompetent.
    the clown who designed the controller support should honestly be fired first.
    i could have done a WORLD of a better job by myself!. the people at EA have destroyed these games beyond laughter.all that money… and no one on pc can enjoy it. worst move in gaming history? i hope ea gets recognition for the most money wasted from unplayable games to ever hit the shelves. and easports… what a JOKE. they dont even have games for pc. sooner than later ea will be in the dust and forgotten about.

37. CptFunnypants
    November 15th, 2013 at 8:52 am

I bought this game, and it worked fine. Even on my craptop with Intel 4000 graphics. Sure, everything is on low but I could play it. Now with the new patch I take one step forward and two steps back. The rubberbanding is effing crazy! I’m an ace chopper pilot. But now I have people calling me a newb because one second I’m 100ft in the air, the next second I’m face down ass up and on fire! They need a new map called Lag City .

38. ReshiramZero
    November 17th, 2013 at 9:29 pm

This is a terrible issue. Even at point blank it took an entire clip just to score a point and 3/4 of the time they killed me in 2-3 shots. This problem needs to be fixed ASAP. Plz hear us out DICE

39. Chuck
    November 19th, 2013 at 5:21 am

Swedish word for refund? The game jinxed self saying things produced in that country are reliable. How do you like a company so impresssed with itself that it has audacity to show you camo’s and unlocks ONLY available to devs. YOU shouldn’t be proud to be seen in THIS game.

• Shaun
      November 27th, 2013 at 5:09 am

Seriously what is the point of that? Shows how stupid these devs really are. This game is terrible. Crashes all the time, hits don’t register and you can’t even form a part. Wish I knew all of this before I bought bf4 and xboxes for my brothers. I never felt like I’ve been ripped off like this ever.

40. Mike
    November 20th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

For me the point is I’m a newbie player wanting to improve and if there are issues I can blame hacks, lag and other technical issues. I just want to know if I’m improving…which is difficult when these stumbling blocks exist. For more experienced players, they must be raging. It’s not on.

41. Anon
    November 21st, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Vid4, learn how to lead the target. That isn’t a netcode issue.

42. HCunity
    November 22nd, 2013 at 12:03 pm

i have all the time like videos above its just RIDICIULES>
    completly unplayable game

43. Ricardo
    December 8th, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Took the game back to the shop where I got it from for a refund yesterday, almost a month in since release and the game is buggy as f**K on the Xbox one is the same or worst, and I wish that everyone does the same, just take the games back to the shops for refunds and let them see how serious we are about it.

44. Alex K.
    December 20th, 2013 at 11:55 am

And here is the very sad truth about all those modern FPS games…

45. Me
    January 7th, 2014 at 6:04 am

remember jackfrag’s Patrick BACH interview in september 2k13? never trust any EA/DICE boss. My last BF, 12 years fan series. After Diablo, few months, last dino fall. RIP

46. P Off
    January 27th, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Terrible game. Character runs around almost jacked like CoD. Terrible netcode i.e.hit detection. People shooting me from side left and centre. Seems to be no way to play the game in a thought out way. Gameplay is terrible. WILL THESE FKN DEVS REALISE THAT PEOPLE DONT WANT TO PLAY JACKED UP COD ANYMORE AND WANT A DECENT GUNFIGHT.

47. google advertising jobs
    March 2nd, 2014 at 5:29 am

Hello! Quick question that’s totally off topic.
    Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
    My website looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4.
    I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue.
    If you have any suggestions, please share. Many thanks!

48. Katlyn
    March 30th, 2014 at 6:27 pm

naturally like your web site but you have to check the spelling on quite a
    few of your posts. A number of them are rife with
    spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to inform
    the reality on the other hand I’ll certainly come
    back again.

49. K
    May 13th, 2014 at 5:03 am

Played Battlefield since BFBC2 but will not be upgrading to PS4 or BF4 Premium due to the *DIRE* gameplay.

Problems I’ve noticed in no particular order of annoyance:
    -Clipped server name on game load.
    -Multiplayer server browser doesn’t allow scrolling by pages, you have to scroll through each line, unlike in BF3.
    -Server browser scrolls the 1 line map name to and fro if it doesn’t fit lengthwise, when it could have 2 lines of same sized text in the same space if properly designed.
    -Game shows loading screen when joining a DICE test server but fails to load. No way of getting back to the main menu without exiting the game, which restarts the PS3.
    -Playing blind in the campaign. Game loads and sound heard, but black screen with only the loading icon visible.
    -All settings on the campaign being lost, and the game believing you’ve never played it.
    -Unlocked items being relocked, and no way to re-unlock them. (Fixed in patch, but should NEVER have been there. Sloppy product!)
    -Look feature in air vehicles sometimes does not work.
    -Wire fences invisible. Using melee breaks it and it becomes visible.
    -Weapons can take an additional 5sec spawn, or fail to spawn after player spawned leaving player unarmed. (switching weapons action/lying down forces redraw)
    -Sounds take at least 10sec to appear on the start of a multiplayer round.
    -Spawning amongst enemy team during random spawn in Domination game mode. Previous BF games had a sensible spawn method calculated by other team members.
    -Falling inside of an invisible barrier near base of rocks North side of D flag on conquest on Dragon Pass map of China Rising DLC.
    -2x magnifier doesnt magnify, but the standard Holo scope does. WTF!?
    -Spawning without a body for 10-30sec with only a floating gun visible.
    -Dying silently without any gunshot and deathlog says it was a shotgun at close quarters (netcode)
    -Dying whilst fully behind suitable cover (netcode)
    -Large object (within grenade throwing distance) appears if you use aiming with Holo scope, and is invisible in normal view.(Seriously?!)
    -Game ends but no scoreboard shown, map loads and game is a continuation of previous. WTF really?!!

Battlefield was never CoD. I thought BF was better. So I find it a shame they tried to be something they are not. Though looking at the Quality Assurance section of the credits for BF4 compared to CoD Ghosts says a lot for why the game has sooooooooooooo many problems.
    I played it to get my money’s worth out of it, since it is the last title from them I’ll be buying.

50. chris
    February 10th, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Str8 and utter bullshit…how if the net code is the same for all players then how is it that I get killed faster by other players?

51. vitamin c serum
    January 5th, 2016 at 9:13 am

Get the greatest best wrinkle treatment currently available around and reasonably priced.