Second Assault DLC adds Capture The Flag game mode

Upcoming DLC brings back popular game mode, with new weapons, vehicles, and assignments as well.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault

A few days ago we revealed that the upcoming China Rising DLC will bring back the Air Superiority game mode. Now we’ve got information on the second DLC in the lineup: Second Assault. According to new information, Second Assault will bring back the popular Capture The Flag game mode, which was introduced with the last BF3 DLC.

The Second Assault expansion will also add five new weapons, including the F2000 assault rifle, the MP7 submachine gun, L85 assault rifle, AS VAL carbine, and the RPK-74M machine gun. It’s likely that the expansion will also add some new ribbons and medals as well.

Second Assault’s main content are four maps remade from BF3. They include Gulf of Oman, Operation Metro, Operation Firestorm, and Caspian Border. All four maps have been redesigned to incorporate the new Levolution feature. For example, the Gulf of Oman map now features a sandstorm, while Caspian Border now features a large, collapsible communications tower in the center of the map.

The Battlefield 4 Second Assault expansion also adds 10 new assignments and several new vehicles as well. The DLC is expected to be released in the beginning of 2014.

As always, the DLC will cost $15, but if you’re a Premium member (a one-time $50 purchase), you get all DLC, including Second Assault, for free. On top of that, Premium members get a two week head start on new DLC.

1. Btje
    November 12th, 2013 at 10:20 am

I really hope they bring back Gun Master, really enjoyed that in Battlefield 3

• gamefreak
      November 13th, 2013 at 6:22 am

I really enjoyed the Close Quarters maps no matter how many people complained it ‘was too much like COD.’

2. whatever
    November 12th, 2013 at 11:08 am

Metro. Eh….

• Bob
      December 27th, 2013 at 5:23 am

Not excited for choke points? Lots and lots of choke points?

3. whatever
    November 12th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Expecting 10 weapons per DLC? Just look at what happened with BF3 Premium! They promised 10 weapons with every expansion. In the end, the last two brought only one – if we don’t count the M1911 S-TAC which was in the game from the start.

Not to mention all 5 ‘new’ weapons were in BF3. They just cut them from BF4 and are now selling them as DLC. Bet they didn’t make any change to them either, just copypaste from BF3 into BF4.

This is EA/DICE. You’re expecting way too much…

• fosland
      November 13th, 2013 at 3:28 am

@whatever: would you please point to a link where DICE promise 10 new weapons with EVERY DLC for BF3 Premium..?? They never did. They promised more weapons with DLCs. They never said there would 10 new ones every time!

@titletownrelo: How many weapons is ALOT to you? a matter of opinion don’t you think? plus, this is only one of the 5 DLCs, there might be more later. Relax and enjoy the game you can’t appreciate. 😉

4. elvin
    November 12th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I just want my fldinos, cmon!

5. WOOT FTW
    November 12th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

The new gamemodes better be for ALL BF4 maps and not just for the DLC maps. It gets stale quickly on just 4 maps.

• mohammad
      November 13th, 2013 at 3:34 am

agree

• Moody
      November 13th, 2013 at 8:49 am

Not to mention that it devides the whole community.

6. mohammad
    November 13th, 2013 at 3:36 am

lol at the “5 new weapons” those are not even new things just copy & paste .

7. Sparky
    November 13th, 2013 at 5:04 am

The one thing i hate about this expansion is why the hell isnt capture the flag just in the original game. I know they are trying to make the buck but come on, best battles by far.

• LastSacred
      January 22nd, 2014 at 10:01 am

Ok when speaking about games in general I agree with your statement, but think about it. Games like battlefield are not just a one time production cost for the makers. It costs them money to keep the game servers up and running so that you can enjoy the multiplayer experience. They could very justifiably charge a small monthly fee, but instead they keep the money coming by providing DLC for those who are willing to support the game, and in return get a little something extra. Could they have just put everything in the original game? Sure, but then they would have to be cheep with after production costs…i.e. your game would be laggy.

8. CHAINSAW305
    November 18th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

The guns they put on here are all mixed up. The MP7, MTAR, L85, L96 and the RPK are China Rising dlc weapons. Plus two new gadgets!

The AS-Val and F2000 were just spotted in the Second Assault vids. Assuming that these are two of the guns out of the five. We’re getting a ton of nice guns. I would stop complaining. These were all popular guns from BF3. I’d like to see the AN-94 and MP5K make a comeback too.

I do hope the new gamemodes will be on all the maps too. I would like Tank Superiority back.

9. loveless46
    November 19th, 2013 at 8:31 am

i wish they didnt do gulf of oman i would really have liked to get noshanar canals back

10. kennzorz
    November 20th, 2013 at 8:49 am

There are close to 80 primary weapons with BF4 as of right now…. this is a dissapointment to you in what way? BF3 had, AFTER expansions, 60…. plus with the 5 coming from second assault and china rising, not to mention the amount of customization that is now available for each weapon you are disappointed? On the topic of re-using BF3 guns, would you rather them not use any of the old guns from the game? I thought they did a great balance of bringing in new weapons to the game as well as keeping some of the old ones. Most of the guns that were brought back have been re-balanced and I think have made small changes to work on either what made them godly or something that you just didn’t use.

11. Ryaaaaaaaaaaan
    January 21st, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I think they should have re-done Arica Harbor from BFBC2. I really loved that map.

12. HD Slayer
    February 1st, 2014 at 4:34 am

Arica harbor updated would be awesome. But on a side note and totally off/on topic buffing up DMRs was a really stupid update as though they wasnt already powerful to begin with. I don’t see why premium didn’t get a few premium only weapons.. I personally think miniguns on boats need a buff versus basically anything. Jets need a nerf you would think the guy who made the code for jets has a bf who is a pilot they are extremely op with no real competition they can own a match completely uncontested . Shotguns need a serious nerf how does 1 shell kill me everytime in full military gear? I can get 17 or so of my 31 sg553 into them just for them to panic shoot and kill me in 1 shell something is wrong with that. Anyone knows your not going to take 17 bullets which probably 9 hit even with perfect aim because of all the penalties your not gonna take 9 bullets and just kill me in 1 panic shot after 9 .556 you’d be dead . Tanks need a buff on the belt fed 50 cal a tank can shoot down a helicopter for god sakes its a belt fed 50 cal it would annihilate a chopper no pilot should feel safe enough to basically land on a tank as they are shooting it very unreal. I hate seeing a damage of 1 1 1 1 1 its insane . Miniguns on boats should mow down infantry not hitmarker nonstop really? I stick to playing domination for now to get attachments for my guns until you idiots fix this pathetic game. People are complaining about more guns? How about fixing the ones we have… The vehicles.. The glitches bugs spawning with no weapon.. Sound… Iron sights being fully black.. The health glitch .. Multiple shit … Crashes .. Campaign deleting before you beat it twice for the guns and to collect all dog tags.. Screw dlc if your not even fixing what’s already broken

13. Joe
    February 18th, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Just downloaded second assault still telling me I can’t play capture the flag