Battlefield 4 netcode is still a problem (videos)

The game is still facing some problems with the netcode, despite numerous game updates.

Battlefield 4 netcode

While DICE has done a lot of work to improve the netcode in Battlefield 4, it’s still far from perfect. When you factor in the lag issues brought with the latest patch, things aren’t looking as good at the moment, at least for some players.

The Battlefield 4 netcode is much better off now that it was back when the game launched, but the recent patch seems to have stirred things up a bit, and in a bad way.

As the videos below show, the netcode and lag issues still persist in the game. Granted, a lot of things are a factor here, such as a player’s Internet connection, ping, and the game server as well.

EA rushed Battlefield 4 to market, and is now facing a ton of consequences, including class-action lawsuits from investors, and they have put on hold all other games in development at DICE. There are even rumors that EA might offer a free DLC to players for all the Battlefield 4 problems.

Check out the videos below:

TAGS:

1. Spencer
    December 30th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Screw a free DLC. I want a refund on Premium but get to keep it

December 30th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Of course it is, I die several times a round from poor netcode alone. Dying behind solid cover or after I’ve turned the corner and clearly saw the round that killed me miss me.

3. GeneralDummkopf
    December 30th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I lol’d at the second one.

• WunderKatze
      December 31st, 2013 at 9:07 pm

As did I. lol

4. [83rd]Kaaz
    December 30th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Netcode was way better in beta than it is now!

5. Duke9192
    December 30th, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I don’t consider videos like this to be hard evidence. I can join a server right now that I have a 500ms ping to, and have this experience, but not when on a low ping one. I do notice some instances while on low pingers, but not this terrible. Also, if every player on the server is sub 100ms, the game runs like it should, but if if there are a few higher than 100, there is a slight bit of lag for me, but it’s still very playaable. This is speaking only about the last few days, as maybe a couple weeks ago I was having rubberbanding issues. I know this isn’t every ones experience, but it’s mine.

• Alpha_Mongoose
      December 30th, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Want another toke?

• BF
      December 30th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Dude stfu just because it works on your pc doesnt mean it works on everybodys pc……wtf

• Ak
        December 31st, 2013 at 3:40 am

No………. you shut up just because it doesn’t work on your PC doesn’t mean it wont on others……you probably have dated hardware that’s why it lags and try checking your connection and playing in local servers instead of whining and the is no such thing as a “netcode” as in a chunk of code that DICE can fix.

• Ak
          December 31st, 2013 at 3:41 am

*there

• pierogi210
        December 31st, 2013 at 6:56 am

Just because it doesn’t work on some computers, doesn’t mean everyone else has the same issues so why don’t you stfu!!!!

6. TsR-RareAir23
    December 30th, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Not much of a comment on the first movie. Saw the behavior of the first movie a lot in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Even gave it a personal nickname. I called it, “The double-sided counter-productive death”. Because both players on both teams pwned themselves and did nothing for themselves or the team by doing so. Now the 2nd movie I only have this to say about that: “But the dude getting away was 1/3rd’s of the way down the building in a parachute completely out of blade range! WTH?”

But of course, that’s not the greatest example of netcode fail. What I’m about to describe is (and it has rarely [but still has] snuck into BF4). This following netcode fail is worst of all because of how one feels after it happens to them.

You likely know it before I describe but here’s how it goes down: You’re on the field of battle in Battlefield. You see an enemy mid to long range (between 45-65m from your position [and it always happened from that exact range {don’t ask me why}]). You engage, drop iron and have him dead red to rights (as in his player model’s heart is right in the point center of your red dot, holo sight, ACOG reverse V, etc.). You squeeze off at least 10 rounds but as many as 15 keeping your scope right on target. None of them hit. He then fires at least 3 round but never more than 5. The game tells you that by the sound effects (each time this happens you do hear your opponents rounds and its always between 3-5) You’re dead in a nanosecond!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was notorious for this netcode fail. I lost 85-98 kills in BFBC2 Hardcore mode because of it. I stopped counting around the 84th time it happened to me. It’s a netcode error I like to personally call…Guardian Angel’s Complex. G-A-C! Because the benefactor of the bug (read the player who was supposed to in-game take your 10-15 rounds and die) gets away with basically something like a guardian angel sweeping the bullets fired at him away from where he is so he can get you with the next volley.

To finish my commentary on GAC 2 things. For one, it got to the point where anytime it happened to me and I was the one in-game dead from it I’d never say it but always think it toward the opponent, “Had a guardian angel watching his back.” For second and to finish when this sort of behavior happens in netcode that’s when you know things are going way south for a shooter’s multiplayer. Also, if anyone has seen what I described in this commentary happen to them in BF4 and want to use my term to describe it please feel free. That is all. Out!

• not amused bf4 player
      January 8th, 2014 at 11:20 am

very well put now please for gods sake post that in bf4 forum of battlelog and you will become a star.

add me if you want HaHa_Just_Shot_U

7. AjaSos
    December 31st, 2013 at 2:26 am

This is a problem when bulet, granade kill after dead ??? problem is when soldier with 1% live dont dye and play like 100% live soldier !!

8. bf master
    December 31st, 2013 at 3:31 pm

There is no such thing as 1%. They actually die probably before you but because this shity netcode and it’s lag the game take his health back to 1%. I won’t stop playing this game but I have to say IS THE WORST BATTLEFIELD I HAVE EVER PLAYED JUST BECAUSE THE NETCODE AND BALANCE. I tell you more later, right now I have to go party. Happy new year to all of you.

9. mom
    December 31st, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Please fix these issues. My kid is having a meltdown which causes me to have a meltdown!!!!!!!!

• Orcs
      January 8th, 2014 at 2:22 am

LOL! That was funny.

10. gamer
    January 1st, 2014 at 6:05 am

BF3 had a way better netcode than BF4.
    Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????????????

11. gamer
    January 1st, 2014 at 6:09 am

This game is unplayable for me on the PS4 at the moment because the netcode is failing in every aspect.

12. James
    January 8th, 2014 at 10:33 am

I’m I love with battlefield I get maybe 1 problem a week I go 40 and 7 every round my KD is 1.79 I love everything about the game a free doc would be amazing and just give premium to everyone that would bring the sales up atleast 20% because hundreds of people even thousands give it up because the only maps they have are the original and premium is 50$ if you don’t make it free lower the price please it would save a lot of trouble

• Colt McCormack
      January 8th, 2014 at 10:39 pm

You DO realize that
      “I go 40 and 7 every round”
      and
      “my KD is 1.79”

directly defy one another right? More like 12 and 7.

• amy price
      January 21st, 2014 at 5:48 am

“I go 40 and 7 every round” and “my k/d is 1.79”. lol. followed by one long incompetent run-on sentence.

13. butters
    January 8th, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I’ve been having the same issues on PS4. I’ll empty an entire clip on a guy, he’ll turn around and pop me with one bullet. I played COD to see if it was my ping and no issues.

Very sloppy game.

14. mydog
    January 10th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

the netcode is failing in every aspect. I’ll empty an entire clip on a guy