Battlefield 4 outsells Call of Duty Ghosts on PS4

According to sales trackers in the UK, BF4 is outselling Call of Duty Ghosts in the territory.

Battlefield 4 salesEvery Fall, EA and Activision’s biggest shooters compete for the sales crown around the world. This year, it’s Battlefield 4 vs Call of Duty Ghosts. And while Call of Duty may still have the sales edge on current gen platforms, when it comes to next generation consoles, it looks like Battlefield 4 is winning.

According to sales trackers in the UK, Battlefield 4 is ahead of Call of Duty Ghost on the PlayStation 4. The list is topped by Sony’s own shooter, Killzone Shadow Fall, while EA’s FIFA 14 takes the second spot. Battlefield 4 comes in at third. Regarding sales and market share, EA has said “they won’t give up until BF4 is number one“.

We’ve previously heard that BF4 was the most pre-ordered next gen title, ahead of Sony’s own games. According to a recent statement from EA, one in three PlayStation 4 games is an EA game.

So far EA hasn’t shared any Battlefield 4 sales figures, and we’re eager to see how the game compares to BF3, which went on to sell 15+ million copies (not to mention almost 5 million Premium subscriptions). We’ve previously heard estimates from analysts saying that Battlefield 4 will sell 14 million during launch.

TAGS: , ,

1. Eddytion
    December 2nd, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Glad to see some smart PS4 gamers.

• Derp
      January 6th, 2014 at 7:53 pm

the fact they bought a ps4 makes them dumb

• fanboy91
        January 24th, 2014 at 7:51 pm

The fact you would rather get a spybox is dumb.

• Hgggghh Hhhhhhh
        January 26th, 2014 at 1:59 pm

So you the kinda guy that loves fish that move out the way when you get close to them and love cod dogs more then your own mother I think ill do everyone a favour and say xbox go home

• Anonymous 2
      March 14th, 2014 at 7:44 am

then tell what is so bad with CoD Ghosts except their is no Zombies?

2. kay
    December 2nd, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Okay, so BF4 outsold Ghosts on that one platform. It’s time for EA and DICE to wipe the jizz from their pants and get back to getting their game out of alpha.

• Anonymous
      December 2nd, 2013 at 1:55 pm

What do you think they have been doing the whole time? Of course they are fixing it otherwise we wouldn’t be getting a patch tomorrow.

• WOOT FTW
        December 2nd, 2013 at 5:02 pm

A patch which is coming out on the same day China Rising is released for Premium members. Looks like they will be doing the same one-patch-per-DLC method with BF4, just like they did with BF3, so basically, wait for patch and pray your game will remain playable for the next 3 months til the next DLC is released.

Worst system ever on an obviously rushed game.

• Mr_Assault
          December 3rd, 2013 at 6:24 am

But they released a patch prior to DLC…. so your logic doesn’t work as the first DLC is getting a patch. IF there are no more patches until the next DLC then you statement is valid. But at the moment there can be another patch before Christmas or the new years.

• dam
      December 2nd, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I hope now that they have “beat ” cod they will finally stop trying to be like them.

• John
        December 6th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

How are they trying to be like them? Battlefield has been around much longer then cod has.

3. Mr.Jack
    December 2nd, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I have been a cod fan since mw2 and am sad to say that they just flat out suck now. Thats why I went to Battlefield its just better.

4. felipe
    December 2nd, 2013 at 3:47 pm

so they will give up?

December 2nd, 2013 at 6:32 pm

My question is how can you play BF4 on a console…and at 900p that not what I call next gen.

• ViKrieg
      December 3rd, 2013 at 4:18 am

Playing at 1600p is’t what I call next gen either.
      Start playing on a 4K display, and than we can discuss the matter of “next-gen” qualifications.
      It’s funny how you will post pretty normal comments on almost any article relating to the DLC, or core gameplay.
      But the second you see an article relating to consoles.
      You try the lowest denominator trolling methods.
      It’s too bad too, not everything you say is retarded, but 99% of it is.
      šŸ™

• Mr_Assault
        December 3rd, 2013 at 6:26 am

@BL

Trying to hide behind details, don’t you ever think that the game will be 1080p next year? Or just give out the obnoxious idea of ” its not 1080p its not next gen…get serial!!”

• Jal
      December 3rd, 2013 at 5:40 am

When they say “next gen” they talking about the consoles…. Cause PS4 for example is a next gen compared to PS3 whitch is called “prev gen”, people say “next” and “prev” to put it in categories, to make it easier to understand what kind of generation/state of consoles they talking about, its so funny that people really think “next gen” means graphic or other things.. Haha

• Slimy J
        December 24th, 2013 at 9:53 am

I bought a 700$ gaming rig 10 months ago, and it runs BF4 on 1080p high setting, no subscription op, those next gen systems aren’t next gen. PC will always hold out longer then those consoles. One day you will all play PC.

PC Master Race.

6. JohnGreasyGamer
    December 2nd, 2013 at 10:32 pm

This is what I like to hear, but the problem still remains that the game is still virtually unplayable a lot of the time. I’m surprised though that a game still in pre-alpha stages has sold more than a good game, most likely because of the Battlefield name (though admittedly the “Only in Battlefield 4” trailer had me psyched). I don’t think the DLC should be released until first the game is playable at an acceptable level. I doubt the demand for China Rising is too great, not when the game has been chucked out onto the street and still has a lot of bruising to show off.

7. Antykain
    December 3rd, 2013 at 12:23 am

Grats to BF4, now let’s hope they get the PC game fixed.. at least somewhat anywho. And for the COD series.. been done with it for awhile. Since the MW2 days.

8. MrPastorius
    December 3rd, 2013 at 12:34 am

“My question is how can you play BF4 on a consoleā€¦and at 900p that not what I call next gen.”

Sure it doesn’t quite have the eye candy as PC. But at least console players can finally play BF closer to the way it should be experienced. Coming from a PC player and a BF fan I’m glad they can finally play the game closer to what it should be like.

9. Sparky
    December 3rd, 2013 at 9:49 am

I am actually quite happy at how bf4 looks on my tv. Using a 60 inch with 900 p works good. Bf 3 was little rough but ok. I finally got the calibration just the way i want it. The only issue is i wish they would of included CTF in original game. To me thats the best mode but i dont want to toss out 50$ just yet.

10. james w
    December 13th, 2013 at 7:03 am

But no I can’t have a party in game battlefield and join games together, I have to hope for a free slot =/ dumb …

11. Zesty
    December 31st, 2013 at 11:03 am

I think Call of Duty’s big failure is releasing games annually. It’s just too often and it is ruining the franchise. I’ve been a big fan of Cod since Cod 4: MW, and ever since then it has been relatively downhill. I switched to Battlefield 3 rather than black ops 2 last year and enjoyed it, but I think the style of Cod suits me better. As of BF 4 and Cod ghosts… well I think BF 4 is a better game (not without its own faults, as well as many issues at lauch, for example, the fact that you could still not play Conquest, the most popular game type, a month into launch on the PS4……..). I think both BF4 and Cod Ghosts were a rather weak representation of what each company is capable of, and that is reflected in the reviews of both of them.

12. PS4isBetterThenXboxOne
    January 7th, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Battlefield finally beat Call of Duty, Im a COD Fan but not a Fanboy. I hope COD steps it up in 2014