Battlefield 4 patch and China Rising launch tomorrow

A brand new BF4 patch will be released tomorrow alongside the China Rising expansion pack.

Battlefield 4 China Rising

DICE has announced that tomorrow will not just see the release of a new Battlefield 4 patch, but the China Rising expansion as well. The new patch will fix several issues, such as the one hit kill bug, the “blur effect”, and some audio bugs as well. There are no changes to the patch since DICE announced it last week.

As for the China Rising expansion, it will be free for everyone who pre-ordered the game, and for Premium members, of course. If you didn’t pre-order or are a Premium member, the DLC will set you back $15. China Rising includes new maps, weapons, vehicles, and more.

In addition to the PC Battlefield 4 patch, DICE is also working on patches for the console versions of the game. Furthermore, a new server patch is also in the works. So far, DICE has released over a dozen server patches, and has more or less fixed the server crashes that have plagued the game since launch.

1. AjaSos
    December 2nd, 2013 at 8:48 am

What abouth sound loop crash !!! most crashed isue

December 2nd, 2013 at 9:20 am

Looking forward to the new maps mostly. I only play paracell and flood maps now.

• MikeG
      December 4th, 2013 at 1:55 am

So many lag and crash issues and hacks and the game is basically BF3 with some new maps – same old same old – I’m already losing interest in BF. Never thought I would. I remember how many years I played the originals BF1942 and BF2 – I suppose it was because we could make our own levels and run our own server – and LAN – and pad the game with AI. I just feel the game has lost the fun aspect – it’s become all about stats – and that’s brought out all the cheaters. It’s sad – and I know a lot of my friends are already tired of this game.

3. joseph
    December 2nd, 2013 at 9:31 am

What about a patch to fix the error message on ps4 that happens randomly. it kicks you out of the game completely and puts you into the playstation menu and says a error has occured please report. Shit is annoying. Fix this already i played for 8 hours yesterday and it happened to me at least 10 times

• t
      December 8th, 2013 at 10:39 am

ps4 dont deserve the patch deal with it…

4. Getting bored
    December 2nd, 2013 at 9:56 am

Still constant crashing on xbox one and can’t even start a game anymore.

5. Yan
    December 2nd, 2013 at 10:11 am

This game isn’t a beta but more like an alpha. Please fix it !!!

Is it a new trend the release buggy games ? are you friends with Rockstar ?

6. mohammad
    December 2nd, 2013 at 11:03 am

maybe it’s time for BATTLEFIELD games to get another release style let’s say maybe EA/DICE should do what bohemia interactive is doing , yes people they should release it like ARMA 3 in alpha , beta & full game ( in a long test like arma 3 ) so they can fix all the problems because let’s face it BATTLEFIELD games require alot of money , effort & technology . this is just an opinion don’t know if everyone agree with me or even ea will think about it because they like this $$ in a fast way otherwise here’s the door as they say .

• George
      December 2nd, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I will continue hoping and waiting for another BF2 feel of a game with enhanced destruction, maps we all used to love (Dragon Valley amongst them), plus new great maps… Too bad that will likely NEVER happen because there is no BF type game to compete with the Battlefield franchise. Maybe their dev teams are spread too thin due to all the platforms they must support. I think it was a huge mistake to support the older gen consoles. They should of at least only released to the next gen consoles this way at least they can reduce the complexity of releasing… I play games on PC.

• mohammad
        December 3rd, 2013 at 1:41 am

& i play on next-gen console .

• JohnGreasyGamer
      December 2nd, 2013 at 10:42 pm

The thing is Mohammad, this should be standard. Where you’re suggesting bringing the game to the players, it should be EA hiring testers and thus bringing players to the game. It is so much easier to patch a game and test it in a controlled environment than rushing hotfixes like there’s no tomorrow when the game is released. There’s been too much public backlash to do this again, but somehow EA shrugs this off and refuses to pay for more testing and marketting.

I’m aware that not everyone at EA and DICE thinks like this, but it’s hard to believe that when it’s been going on for years. I’d much rather they delay the release of the game for more controlled testing than send it to shops broken beyond belief. And the key word is “controlled”, because right now DICE have no game plan – they just want to get the patches out as soon as possible to save further bad PR and get the DLC out for damage control. This wouldn’t be needed if the game was tested thoroughly and had way more external Q&A than it had.

It’s clear that BF cannot work in the same way as your examples have due to the backlash EA and DICE have been given from critics and players worldwide.

7. ml
    December 2nd, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Had a blast playing tonight. Love the game! I was wondering; i preordered but will the dlc be active tomorrow or only for premium?

• Anonymous
      December 2nd, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Only premium members get it tomorrow.

• layeie2
        December 5th, 2013 at 1:04 am

So if we preordered it we have to wait till the 17 to get the free dlc?

8. ryan
    December 2nd, 2013 at 3:38 pm

does anyone know what exact time it will launch on December 3rd will it be 12 o’clock Eastern Western what I have no clue

9. GounKhmer
    December 2nd, 2013 at 6:23 pm

We better see a PS3 Patch….

10. ScreamFace
    December 2nd, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I wish they let us preload these map packs.

11. Antykain
    December 3rd, 2013 at 12:45 am

Just a little while longer.. and it’s game on with China Rising! Hope the new maps are not a flop..

12. ml
    December 3rd, 2013 at 6:09 am

Well, I installed an 800mb patch, logged in and saw there was a disconnectivity issue they were working on, played 3 rounds and got the old faithfull bf4 has stopped working error… snafu :)

13. Daver
    December 3rd, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I can’t connect to any of the new maps. Screen goes blank and whilst I can hear combat sounds, nothing happens. There is a warning message saying that one might have problems connecting and that they are working on the problem.

14. roccozilla
    December 3rd, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I found a fix for lag and getting kicked out of game.go into server browser and and select game play and maps you want to find and look for games with 5 bars of signal,and you should be good to go

15. TexanRoulette on ps3
    December 3rd, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Those of you playing on next gen consoles should be aware that fixing these issues for ps4 and xbox1 are not entirely possible for dice alone, some problems are directly a fault of the console and not the game.

16. Sasuke
    December 3rd, 2013 at 4:42 pm

When does it come out for those who preordered?

17. J Stewart
    December 3rd, 2013 at 6:01 pm

They really need to fix some of the weapons. My biggest problem is with my favorite weapon- L96A1. The variable zoom is broken at the moment :(

18. bob keith
    December 3rd, 2013 at 7:28 pm

For me, I can’t even start the game. I have a 1 month old xbox 360 console, I bought the game 4 days ago on black Friday…just opened it today and it will not run. Sure, it pre-loaded and asked for an update. Update was preformed to specs and after 10 minutes of wasted time it will not start. We have turned off the xbox and restarted 4 times. I am returning the disc tomorrow and if the new one does not start it is getting a 1 star rating and I will never buy a battlefield series game again. So sad I gave them money for 1-3 wish I could have that money back now. How could such a poor product be released for $60 bucks…what a rip-off. Please buy COD instead…much better product, does not gliche like Battlefield 4. Bad, bad, bad.

19. Gonzalo
    December 3rd, 2013 at 11:13 pm

What about the client crashes!! You should mention them because not mentioning them is like saying its fixed already!

20. B@llistiC
    December 4th, 2013 at 12:46 am

Since the new patch today, the game is even more unstable than before. Crashes as soon as i join a multiplayer match. Sigh. Wait for the next patch><

21. Wolf
    December 4th, 2013 at 5:57 am

Today is the 4th. I cant connect at all. Nothing on EAs site to akknowledge an issue. Had to search and search to find any mention of a patch etc… Total BS. EA sucks. Clearly this game was released to meet up with Christmas even though it was not even close to ready.

22. Mad_Dawg_Ga
    December 4th, 2013 at 8:58 am

I play on XBox 360 and I’m still experiencing crashes on Dawnbreaker where the game just freezes and I have to restart. Also, I cannot squad up with players in my party. Often we are put on opposite teams. Is this something the developers stopped or is it a bug that needs to be fixed? Are the PS3 and 360 taking a second seat behind the next-gen consoles?

23. CausticSoldier
    December 4th, 2013 at 9:30 am

To sum everything up, watch this video and you’ll really appreciate EA/DICE even more. NOT!

24. krod125
    December 4th, 2013 at 10:22 am

peoples problem is most the 18 HRS/DAY PLAYERS” COULDNT WAIT FOR THE FOR XBOX 1 AND PS4, SO THEY WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THEM WITHOUT READING OR WAITING OR THE FEEDBACK AND IT TO BE FIXED…I HEAR ABOUT THESE ISSUES SO IT TURNS ME AWAY FROM BUYING ONE RIGHT AWAY—–I THINK WE ALL REMEMBER HOW SUCKY THE XBOX 360 WAS WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT—-SO I LET THE GEEKS AND DORKS WITH NOTHIN ELSE TO DO THAN PLAY BATTLEFIELD 18 HOURS A DAY DEAL WITH THE BUGS AND CRYING ABOUT IT AND WAITING FOR IT TO BE FIXED…….I PLAY ON PS3 AND 1 OUT OF 15 GAMES MIGHT CRASH…LOVE THE GAME AND EVERYBODY SHOULDNT EXPECT A GAME OF THIS MAGNITUDE TO BE PERFECT 24/7…GET REAL

25. Ger0nim0sK
    December 5th, 2013 at 2:03 am

I love to play Battlefield 4 everyday on my ps3. But last night the game crashed 3 times in the space of 10 mins but then worked fine for 3 hours or so. its really annoying and gets on my nerves beyond belief, but it doesnt stop me getting exited to play it when i get home. Great game DICE. Everyone give it a few months and the game should be awsome.

26. Zombie guy
    December 5th, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I preordered my bf4 with the CR pack. I immediatly downloaded it and it came out yesterday. I tried playing it but it will not work. Basically, Iv been ripped off. I tried entering the code again but it says it has already been used.

• Dejon Daly
      January 3rd, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I have the exact same issue and cant use over the code I’ve been cheated

27. Chris
    December 5th, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I pre-ordered bf4 for the 360 so I get the premium code unused. However I was told by a Gamestop employee that it would switch over once I got the xbox one. So now the new map packs are out, and I can actually use the code. So I punch the code in from the 360 version(includes China Rising) and it won’t work for the xbox one!!! What kind of highway robbery is this? They’re gonna now get over $150.00 from me??

28. stuart morris
    December 6th, 2013 at 11:31 am

absolute joke , got the deluxe release , paid over 50 quid for it, then had to pay another 40 quid for maps , downloaded all the content , and played for 13 hours straight with out seeing any of the new maps, you money grabbing sons of b****************, sick of this crap every time theirs a new release and getting suckered in every time, f******ing a joke is an understatement. looks like ill be sending the games back and getting a refund, in full . not taking this shit no more

29. Akula
    December 6th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Really, for gods sake fix the flipping bug that makes Hanain resort freeze during the load screen!!! this is friggin bs. i can’t play the full map rotation because Hanain Resort and Operation Dawnbreaker freeze during loading, and Rough Transmission freezes around the point when one side has only 100 or so tickets remaining. Very dissapointing. THEY’D BETTER NOT SCREW UP THE CHINA RISING MAPS LIKE THIS. If they screw up the map pack because they where trying to rush it out to draw people’s attention to the fact that Battlefield 4 isn’t even a finished game, i’m gonna punch a wall and burn BF4
    -Akula

30. Derek
    December 14th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

If you are having a problem finding the china rising expansion download for xbox 360. Here is the trick. Start up bf4 then go to server browser. Look for a china rising map server and try to connect to it. A pop up will appear with a list. There are 2 items on this list. If both say empty name, restart your xbox and attempt the previous. I did this and when I tried the second time it came up. The expansion download is the second item on the list. I am now downloading the dlc as I type this. Hope this helps some bf bros. Add me on xbl my gt is xVYKINGx.

31. scott
    December 22nd, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I have ps4, i have premium, i have downloaded and installed china rising but can not find it anywhere to play

• Dejon
      January 3rd, 2014 at 6:40 pm

same here DICE is gonna have to work extra hard to get me to

32. Dejon
    January 3rd, 2014 at 6:40 pm

buy another one of their games