Battlefield 4 patched on PS3 and Xbox 360

PS3 and Xbox 360 versions get the latest patch with a ton of fixes.

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360DICE is really cranking out the Battlefield 4 patches these days. And it’s no surprise, since the entire 300-man studio is now dedicated to patching and fixing Battlefield 4.

Yesterday, the latest PC patch was released, and today, DICE has released big patches for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The patches include many of the fixes we’ve seen in the last few PC patches, including the patch PC players got yesterday.

The PS4 version was patched last week, while Xbox One owners will have to wait a while. DICE has said that the Xbox One patch has been delayed, and so far, the Xbox One version has yet to be updated.

So far DICE has released over a dozen Battlefield 4 patches since launch, in addition to 16 server patches. It’s been a month and a half since launch, and only now does Battlefield 4 begin to resemble the game it was supposed to be when it first came out.

1. bf master
    December 17th, 2013 at 9:22 am

A patch for the patch of the pacth..lol. Nahh they are doing good.

2. Seaney
    December 17th, 2013 at 10:00 am

New server browser finally nice one dice keep it up!

3. bravosiera
    December 17th, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Just as speculated, they released bf4 too soon, they wanted to come out at the same time with cod..damn see what it all caused! #angryMob

4. Matt
    December 17th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

honestly this just made it worse, first game i played w/ patch was the laggiest I have ever played so far…

• EXACTLY
      December 18th, 2013 at 9:03 am

And I thought I was the only guy who experienced this!!!!!!

Misery Loves Company, I guess.

5. Q
    December 17th, 2013 at 7:00 pm

this patch broke the game for 360 lag more now than every and frame rate problems everywhere

• EXACTLY
      December 18th, 2013 at 9:07 am

I’m on PS3 and the lag is atrocious.

I started a Parcel Islands game doing very well and I ended it off barely able to get more than 2 hit markers per dozens of rounds fired on a single target.

• Nick
        March 22nd, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Me too man. I’m on PS3 as well and even now the lag is annoying. It is terrible for me when i fly any type of vehicle (jets, choppers) and when I get into close ranged firefights. My bullets literally go through people and do not hit them at all. I want to find hope for the game but now I’m loosing hope

6. Wol
    December 18th, 2013 at 12:54 am

Nice work, Dice. Played for 6 hours straight after patching without freezing, lagging or crashing, and the server filters work as well.
    Great game now it plays properly !

7. john harris
    December 18th, 2013 at 1:33 am

I play with a few guys every night one of them has upgraded to 7990. We all have upgraded or bought new computers. All this comes down to is greed. EA have not considered the long game by undermining the franchise and potentially losi ng thousands of devouted fans. Shame,,,,, you have mislead and cheated hard working people. if you are reading this from EA what a fool you have been. You have bretrayed us all.

8. Elijah Bernard
    December 18th, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I love battlefield but it is absolutely pissing me off that bf4 crashes on the damn loading screen everytime, I can’t even play the game, I restarted my console like 10 times in a row and I only had the chance to play a couple games. It’s ridiculous, heard the patch made it worst, I can’t even get onto the main menu, I literally got my ps3 a month or 2 ago, it’s brand spanking new and every other game works fine.

9. John
    December 19th, 2013 at 5:11 am

Stop crying everyone! It works great now and the Dice guys are working hard to get it right. It’s still the best shooter out today, hands down!

• ZAC
      January 31st, 2014 at 1:25 am

John you my friend are an idiot! “It works fine now.” Ya long after it released!! If I’m going to pay 60 bucks for a plastic disk that has a game on it from one of the most reputable brands out there it better freakin work!!!!! That’s like saying Ur ok with buying a brand new car cause u know the company and it only starts sometimes…. I bet u voted for Obama too….. πŸ™‚ happy days!!

10. Juha
    December 19th, 2013 at 11:37 am

You are absolutely right. Scrap the f*****g thing. Almost threw my ps3 outta window….. BF4 went from bad to worse…. CanΒ΄t kill anything. My killer usually pops up from no-where. You need couple of mags to get one kill….

Playstation should react on this. I am thinking about letting this poor console go and trade it to PC….

11. Dutchdinosaur
    December 19th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Seriously, mp update 3 & 4 on X360 made the game totally unplayable! Can’t get a ff’in kill in. You need atleast 2 mags for 1 kill, any gun, any map. Ledges, windows, boxes all become unnegotionable obstacles. Re-spawning takes forever now. Spawning without a weapon. Not being able to tell friend from foe. Enemies appearing out of nowhere or only show up on kill cam. Enemies showing as teammates. The whole damn game is slow as hell since the updates. Rendering got so bad it’s like playing operation flash point…

Next gen my ass!!!

It’s december and the game is only getting worse!

12. EvolutionFalling
    December 19th, 2013 at 7:42 pm

The latest patch for the PS3 only fixed my Premium battlepacks that I had not received. Halfway through the game my weapons disappear and no sound. I can finally play a full game but at the points and ribbons screen it goes black and I have to quit the game. Perhaps they bit off more than the could chew with the point boosters and didnt prepare for most players to have the later guns and vehicle weapons so early in the game. They are to worried about the quick fixes like SUAV roadkills and not the ones causing the crashes.

13. Seren
    December 21st, 2013 at 6:16 am

Before the latest patch on the xbox360 I could play about an hour before game freeze. After not playing for a lot of weeks due to the disappointment I downloaded the patch and gues what… 5 min gameplay and freeze again.
    Seriously, we gameplayers should start a legal trial and demand total or half purchase refund because: EA supplies a poduct with unreasonable amount of defects and the corrective actions are not done within a reasonable time span. By the time the game is upto its original value other games are already in effect or of interest which decreases the marked value of BF4. Moreover the amount of time spend rebooting your OS, logging in, followed by the horrible long loading times of BF4 is not worth the purchase price of this game. I dont understand why this is not picked up on a legal level!

14. JaegerBomb
    December 22nd, 2013 at 12:09 pm

This could be the best BF game so far… if it was complete. The continuous lag, connectivity issues, and game crashes have tarnished what I believe is the best shooter out there. Not only that, but playing with a team is almost impossible, as each person has to try to join the other and hope the game doesn’t fill up. The technology has been around forever for “party” play (Halo, anyone?). The biggest ‘draw’ for Battlefield 4 has been the multi-player experience – and right now it’s terrible. This will definitely affect my next DICE or EA title. Take the time to get it right guys, we WILL wait.

• Vincent jet 11
      December 27th, 2013 at 9:22 pm

This isn’t Dice’s fault. EA pushed them to release it before the game was ready.

15. craig
    December 29th, 2013 at 1:17 pm

got battlefeild4 for ps3 I can only play 4 levels then when I go to the other boards the screen turns white I can still hear everything and see names but the whole screen white and just bought the new dlc maps and cant play any of them cuz the screen frezzes or turns white got rid of the game and reinstalled it didn’t do nothing

16. kronicali
    December 29th, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Since the dec 17th patch for ps3 i have experienced half a dozen crashes in which i have to fully turn off my ps3, am getting the odd bit of lag but nothing major, the crashes suck tho xoz bfore the patch i never had any issues it ran flawlessly, oh and whenare they gonna fix the campaign saving issue πŸ™‚ keep up the good work though dice/ea

17. mike
    December 30th, 2013 at 11:54 am

the patch has stabilized a few problems on the ps3 but it seems like the game freezes more on it now ill be sitting and playing for not even a hour and the game freezes on me and it won’t un freeze with out a re-boot kinda sad but still a fun game hopefully the team will fix this problem in the near future so we can all enjoy this game when it hits its peak of potential.

18. Jerome
    December 31st, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Wow, good to see that I’m not the only one.
    I play on the XBOX 1 and I get tremendous lag, along with the ability to join a game is very low. Either I cant connect to the server or Its already full, but besides this matter I’ve joined a decent game with only about 20% lag and got a good K/D. That was some fun shit, hope they fix this soon πŸ™‚

19. Matthias
    December 31st, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Battlefield 4 doesn’t work for me πŸ™ it says I need to do the 1.5 update so i try to download it and it turns off my PS3 I’ve Reyes doing this many times it just keeps turning off my PS3, please tell me what to do I want to play battlefield 4 but I can’t πŸ™

20. Deejay Kennis
    January 1st, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Can’t even explain the irritation, I loved BF4. Now every second game a play of rush freezes in the middle and I have to restart the whole system. I thinking of getting my money back and buying cod because the mmo gameplay makes me, want to snap my PS3 in half. I am pretty sure my PS3 spammed Playstation with corruption reports, 37 to be precise!

21. Troy Duchesne
    January 1st, 2014 at 10:28 pm

hmm freezing up even on campaign mode .tried online play and very slow keeping getting killed from players appearing out of no where ,can i get a refund for this game?? not happy

22. RagingWreckHead
    January 4th, 2014 at 10:58 am

Brilliant game. When it works, or should that be ‘if’ it works. Can play for hours but only on conquest, seem to have no issues there, but CQ on current gen ( PS3 ) sucks as its over and done with in no time. Crashes without fail all the time on obliteration, I am amazed if I manage to finish a single match. Its become unplayable for me at the moment. Not happy at all. Switched back to BF3 for now until I read reports that the game is stable.

23. Jose
    January 4th, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I have been a big fan of Battlefield, ever since I played the 2nd game, which was my first, and thought that it was amazing and blew COD out of the water.

However, Battlefield 4 has brought nothing but grief, I regret buying this game new. I should have waited for it to be a few months old and all of the bugs fixed. That’s the problem though!! YOU are professionals, I shouldn’t have to unplug my PS3 from the power source because this game decides to freeze after an amazing match I had online. WE are the customers who deserve better than this crap, which is still happening to this day, after your first patch in December. I’ve never complained about a game, but this one has just been unpleasant to play at times. It is definitely a love/hate relationship, mainly hate. I will keep playing it since I spent the money for it, yet I just want you guys to know how disappointed I am on how this industry operates. Why does this have to be a competition to come out with the game at the same time as the other? People will buy both games regardless, I know I’ve done it. What ever happened to that self satisfaction of having completed your job and done it well? Instead we get a big f*ck you, we can patch it later…Thanks DICE!

24. Raul
    January 6th, 2014 at 7:52 am

not sure if this is the right place to wonder this but I have noticed my field upgrade items don’t function at all, anyone else had this ?

25. Sean
    January 8th, 2014 at 10:35 am

We’ll the game suck at release, after patch it still sucks! Which is very disappointing as I’m a premium player, as I was in BF3! Now that was an awesome game, only problem was on Metro on 1,000 ticket conquest severs that sometimes you would lag out! My damn sever lol! But was still fun! I haven’t played 3 1/2 weeks and most likely won’t till it as been fixed! I wanted to get Xbox One but after this I’m not yet! I might not get my $10 for Xbox One on trade in! But I’m sure Game Stop will have a bounch of them as broken as it is! I guess I’ll play BF3 or COD!

26. chirbogwa joe
    January 8th, 2014 at 12:22 pm

does anybody wanna meet up for dinner some time?