Microsoft giving Battlefield 4 Premium refund on Xbox consoles

Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners can get a refund from Microsoft for their Premium subscription.

Battlefield 4 premium refund

Battlefield 4 has been plagued by so many issues that gamers are looking to get a refund for either the game or the Premium subscription. And Microsoft appears to be willing to refund players’ Premium subscription, due to the numerous bugs, glitches, and stability issues Battlefield 4 has been facing over the past month.

Many gamers on the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 have reportedly gotten a refund for their Premium subscription, and we know of of several gamers who have returned the game on Origin for a full refund.

While DICE is working hard to fix Battlefield 4, it’s clear that the game was rushed to market in what appears to be the worst and most unstable release of Battlefield to date. Things are better now, though, as several patches across all platforms have fixed many of the issues. EA has recently said that development on other DICE projects has been halted while Battlefield 4 is fixed.

And while the entire staff at DICE are working hard to fix Battlefield 4, it’ll likely never be “perfect”, due to the complexity of the game.

If you’re playing on the Xbox One or Xbox 360 and are unsatisfied with your Premium, you might be interested in asking for a refund on Xbox Live. Premium costs $50 and gives players free access to all upcoming Battlefield 4 DLC and content.

1. camps
    December 11th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

That’s cool I guess. I haven’t bought the game and I guess I’ll be waiting even longer to see if they fix these bugs (PS4)

They said premium is $50, so when I buy the game do I have to pay the
    $60(game) + $50(premium)?.

• ea_sucks
      December 11th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Yep. $110 for those who have Premium.

Best deal was on Black Friday, you could get the whole thing for $89

• steve
        December 11th, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I got the game for $20 on black Friday with a $10 rebate on origin.com, and premium for $30(or $40 I forget)

• bobthebuilder666
        December 12th, 2013 at 5:20 am

Actually you can get the game + premium for a very low price using proxy and mexican origin. Just google it

• Cantarzo
      December 12th, 2013 at 4:31 am

played this week up till now.. and most of the bugs for PC are indeed solved, and the ones that still remains are avoidable or you can possibly ignore or just causes no significant change to the gameplay that much…
      lv70 so far… and I’ve been playin since the very first day… ^^ so in comparison… TODAY is much better ^^

• krokro
        December 15th, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Mmmmh yes and no. Some crashes (not much but still), few annoying bugs… and a netcode that works very RANDOMLY. Skill does not mean much ; this is sad for a fps 🙂

• Jub
        December 18th, 2013 at 3:11 am

Then you should look again and see that the latest patch has broken most everything. Do these muppets even run the game before throwing a new patch out?
        sli and crossfire causes texture flashing at a rate of about 5 flashes per second (epilepsy?). Turning off crossfire and running on one card leaves blank ground textures on my 290. Shots no longer seem to hit 70% of the time now and were fine before. Some keys randomly stop working and you have to release the key and press it again..Not fun when your running and getting shot at. Spotting someone now make you stop fireing your gun now and then. There’s many other issues too people are having. How in hells name did quality control miss this. My guess is they didn’t and someone just said, put it out anyway.
        They’re a bunch of muppets!

December 11th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Should be giving them full refunds for the crapbox one itself, money better put towards a gaming PC.

• PC ELITE
      December 11th, 2013 at 7:15 pm

So true, brother!

• Chance
      December 11th, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Why are you PC elitists so damn hateful?

• SN
      December 11th, 2013 at 9:12 pm

You got it exactly right, ‘put towards’ – That’s the reason people buy consoles, because a gaming PC is way too expensive! Christ, What an a’hole!

• ViKrieg
      December 12th, 2013 at 6:35 am

It’s people’s own personal money. If they wanted to buy an Xbox One, and enjoy it with no regrets of the purchase.
      Than I think they spent their money money well.
      Who cares what platform your playing games on?
      If the result is the same, (I.E. fun and enjoyment) than I don’t see how anyone is losing out.

• Anonymous
      December 12th, 2013 at 9:28 am

Yeah but what can you do about it, Xbox users got xbox’s because they were not smart enough to spend the money on a PC.

• Sigma4Life
        December 12th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

This is so ridiculous, I laugh everytime I see the ridiculous comments about PC being better. I think most of the comments are done to justify their expensive PC purchase.

I have a high end PC that’s able to play BF4 on Ultra @ 1900 x 1080. I also have a PS4 and a second copy of BF4. I purchased premium on both platforms. I enjoy playing Battlefield equally on PS4 and my PC. I love the sound fidelity of the PC version but I also love the convenience of sitting on my couch. I also prefer the simpler control scheme of available using the PS4 controller.

• Anonymous
          December 13th, 2013 at 5:47 pm

You’re stupid to have spent so much on one game. I laugh at you trying to impress people andbsound like you know something.

3. steve
    December 11th, 2013 at 7:02 pm

How do you get the refund?

4. Milan
    December 11th, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I am on ps4 but i have almost no crashes. First i hated the sound drops but it is now pretty good fixed

5. naka ka tawa (LIVE)
    December 11th, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Soooooo………. can I just buy Premium for a discount since people are returning theirs?

6. MaxD
    December 12th, 2013 at 12:14 am

I’ve had few issues with x1 and am happy with premium. I have copped the odd crash (very rare) and found second assault in particular glitchy. But the core maps and china rising have been excellent. I know there are issues but with my experience it seems to be running well on x1.

7. Pricey
    December 12th, 2013 at 2:54 am

Or if you live in Australia 100 bux for the game and 70 for premium. Bastard, but I love it

8. Marco
    December 12th, 2013 at 9:31 am

Why not on ps4 or PC?

bullshit

9. Ed
    December 12th, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Sure it’s broken and frustrating but i’m still enjoying it. They bit off more than they could chew. They’ve released a big game across 5 seperate platforms. it’s hard enough ironing out all the bugs on one platform in a couple of months. But 5? Give the guys a break. Yes it’s frustrating, but keep at it and know that in time the issues will get fixed.

10. Roose
    December 16th, 2013 at 1:00 pm

“Premium COSTS $50 and gives players FREE access to all upcoming Battlefield 4 DLC and content.”

… wut?

11. a
    December 16th, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Seriously XboxOne has first dibs on dlc but last dibs on patches.

12. maximus gladiator
    December 31st, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I just bought premium pass. Will Xbox refund me? And will they let you keep the pass or download?

13. bullcrap
    January 19th, 2014 at 1:09 am

this is a joke! microsoft will not refund u crap. they say that when u purchase any download content. whoever started this rumor must be enjoying themselves.

• biggs
      February 3rd, 2014 at 12:11 am

I got the refund no problem and i got the keep premium

14. dontbenosey
    March 31st, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Bullcrap you don’t know what your talking about because
    I got refunded the other day for my battlefield premium, you
    Clearly have not researched this.

15. B4 BLOWS
    April 21st, 2014 at 4:28 pm

They should have should have done this before they released it. Its just like GTA five, they rushed the game and that makes the game crap. 100 dollars for an incomplete game, what a waste. There was no problem with Battlefield 3.