Battlefield 4 producer kicked off server by admin

BF4 executive producer Patrich Bach was recently kicked off a server by an admin. The reason? "Fix the game".

Battlefield 4 kicked

If you’ve played the Battlefield series long enough, you’ve probably been kicked from a server at least once. Whether it’s because the server admin thought you were too good, or because they wanted to make room for paying members, or because you were from the wrong country. Or simply because they were jerks.

And if you’re from DICE, you can apparently get kicked for all the problems that Battlefield 4 faces at the moment. Just ask DICE’s Patrick Bach.

In a somewhat amusing turn of events, Battlefield 4 executive producer, and sometimes the face of DICE, was recently kicked off a public server by an admin. The reason for the kicking? “FIX THE GAME”, as the admin put. We have to admit, that must have taken some guts to do.

On the other hand, this isn’t the first time DICE is hearing it from the community regarding the state of Battlefield 4. The official forums, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media have been on fire with complaints and insults hurled at DICE from every angle.

Luckily, DICE is working hard to fix all these issues, and released a new patch yesterday. “Unlucikly” for PlayStation 4 owners, the upcoming Battlefield 4 PS4 patch has been delayed.

TAGS: ,

1. WOOT FTW
    December 4th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I hope this also lets him know that the admin powers are way too powerful. There are two things to fix.

• RainMotorsports
      December 4th, 2013 at 11:35 pm

That was already fixed 100%. Official preset servers have no admin capability. If you don’t want play on a server that can ban hackers play on official mode. Even pbbans streaming can’t kick on official mode. Problem is most people aren’t going to pay money to host an official server.

Clans are going to setup their servers as regular ranked so that they can run plugins and manage the playerbase. There is no way to give a renter control and regulate it at the same time. All complaints are hearsay EA can only punish servers obviously violating TOS such as knife and pistol only servers. Renters can kick or ban you for ANY reason that basically doesnt involve restricting weapons.

• Arithon
      December 5th, 2013 at 12:34 am

“admin powers are way too powerful” clearly you know very little.
      On “official” servers Admins cannot move players between teams, kill a player that’s breaking server rules, put up a “yell” message or in many cases, even kick players.
      Trust me when I say the BF4 RCON is as broken as the rest of the game.

I laughed (a lot) when I read this headline.

Personally I think all persons who bought Premium should get a full refund and everyone else should be gifted a copy by way of apology from DICE.

• RainMotorsports
        December 5th, 2013 at 8:13 am

Arithon actually Kick’s were fixed around R9 or R10 and when they happened pbbans tweeted out they were no longer able to enforce punkbuster violations from their MBI on official. It was never intended to be allowed of course.

Thank god they fixed the whole random name after admin say thing. Was crazy how mangled rcon was.

• mohammad
      December 5th, 2013 at 3:27 am

i thought you have to vote to get someone kicked .

• RainMotorsports
        December 5th, 2013 at 8:15 am

Votekick is a plugin which can only be run on ranked servers and below. So basically if you wanted to rent and run an official server you not only can not kick anyone you can not give your users the ability to vote kick.

The whole idea with official is the belief that FairFight will slay, kick, ban obvious hackers. In theory that would allow a server to have no admin and still be enjoyable. Although…. not sure it worked as well as they wanted it to.

• WOOT FTW
        December 5th, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I don’t have BF4 yet.

So you have to vote kick players out of lobbies now and not kick at your own free will?

• RainMotorsports
          December 5th, 2013 at 11:18 pm

This event happened on PC so when people talk about admin I am responding from the PC side. There is no lobby on PC. You find a server, the majority of which are rented by people like you and me and join on that server.

• pizzaneger
      December 5th, 2013 at 4:22 am

i agree. also they have to fix that you cant put a DICE- in front of you name xD

• Ian
      December 7th, 2013 at 6:15 pm

How is admin power to powerful? Do you know what a admin does? besides that If someone BUYS a server, then its their rules and you can choose to play by them or not!

2. flamingfirewolf
    December 4th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

hahahahaha, LMFAO

if i was a server admin and he come on my server i would so do that 🙂
    i say that DICE should be working ‘HARD’ to fix the game and not playing it as of right now.

i didn’t think that DICE would even try and join a server at this time because of the problems caused.
    the amount of people that have had a hard time up to this point should have the right to get their money back and get a % off the price when the game is fixed.

but in all of this there are some people in DICE that do work hard and are getting hammered because the rest of DICE are not working hard enough and for that there should also be some credit for doing what they have done so far other than the bugs, glitches and crashes.

-EA did push DICE to hand in a game that was not finished and i am sure that DICE would have loved to have finished the game before release.

• Vik
      December 22nd, 2013 at 1:56 pm

You don’t think that DICE devs are trying to experience/reproduce bugs,do you?He might be checking the netcode just as well.I once saw a pamplet thingy about programmers that had one line read something among the lines of: “Taste the DOG FOOD-play your own game to see what is wrong about it!”,whereby “dog food” comes real handy here.

3. Snomann
    December 4th, 2013 at 6:15 pm

This was proven to not actually have been him. It was a troll account used for boosting masquerading in his name as an insult to Dice. Source: Reddit.

• Asgaro
      December 5th, 2013 at 3:21 am

4. yo
    December 4th, 2013 at 6:27 pm

good on him

5. Duke9192
    December 4th, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I laughed when I read this

6. What goes around comes around...
    December 4th, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Bad Karma?

7. Skts
    December 4th, 2013 at 9:03 pm

FIX THE GAME,!!

8. Nicholas Argus
    December 4th, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Note: This was a troll.

DICE members do not have the word DICE in their gamertag (DICE-PatrickBach), it would be in their clantag such as [DICE] PatrickBach

The server was a PUBLIC server. BF4 does not have private servers yet. Do you know who owns the public servers? DICE. Do you know who admins the public servers? DICE.

So youre telling me that a DICE employee, who most likely worked on the game is telling his own boss to fix the game that they both shared effort in creating? Essentially…the admin who works for DICE saying to fix the very same game that the admin helped make? Literally the pot calling the kettle black. Someone must not like working for DICE huh.

This was not Patrick Bach.

• RainMotorsports
      December 5th, 2013 at 8:36 am

The guy was a fake so onto your statement.

Define no private servers because in this scenario we are talking PC this happens on PC to some troll. On PC dice or EA does not own 99% of the servers out there. Servers are rented from RSPs who own the physical hardware. So if I rent from NFO those servers belong to NFO. EA licenses the server files to their RSPs under the terms they can not leak them out. If your on PC almost every server you play on is rented by someone.

Official is a mode so while EA puts up some public servers and DICE has some test servers up the rest of the Official servers are people who rent them but don’t need admin access. Official is ranked but so is ranked. Most clans run ranked servers. But you can also rent unranked as well as private password protected servers. In fact my RSP offers a discount for private servers.

• Vik
        December 22nd, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I’m not sure,but I think there are indeed private servers…A lot of them that I have come by kick me just as I join,and have a player count that would kinda suggest that something among the lines of competitive fights is going on,but none of them really ahve anything like “Don’t join!” or such stuff on them…or am I just wrong?

• Vik
      December 22nd, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Wait,does that mean that the DICE admins trolled that guy? 😛

9. mr.greywater
    December 5th, 2013 at 1:03 am

This isn’t Patrick Bach’s account, just somebody who used his name when creating an account (He doesn’t have the DICE clan tag, isn’t in the DICE group, neither does he have the DICE specific Dogtags).
    Please bf4central, make a little background check before you make a post about something you see on reddit…

10. Infetrus
    December 5th, 2013 at 2:23 am

I don’t think his in game name is his actual name and he would have “DICE” as a clan tag not part of a name.

11. Sebastian Gorgon
    December 5th, 2013 at 2:35 am

I wouldn’t have done it, I would have been impressed that he was on my server more than anything.

12. mohammad
    December 5th, 2013 at 3:25 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you reap what you sow , you heard of this ? no ? will make this your listen DICE oh so as for EA .

13. Dr-S4tan
    December 5th, 2013 at 5:09 am

Unluckily for PC players patch has broken the game even more. I have had stable 120+ fps with a mixture of ultra and high settings before China Rising patch, now on the smallest maps it dips down to 40, unplayable if you are used to smooth framerate. GJ Dice/EA…

14. Fidiuss
    December 5th, 2013 at 8:25 am

No more sound issues or blur effect which is appreciated but more disconnection, freezing is not. …if most of us has a choice we would rather have sound or blur issues and no crashes , its such a shame. …this game could have been a chart topping success instead it will be remembered as a total fcuk up

15. Fidiuss
    December 5th, 2013 at 8:32 am

I might be slightly over dramatic with this comment but to me it feels as if the dev team just cant fix this game no matter how hard they try and when they try to keep us hoping the next patch will work it fails so badly its almost embarrassing …..in my opinion it will next year before this game is finished

16. Anonymous
    December 5th, 2013 at 8:54 am

Well this shows how childish admins are these days. We all know that everything is being done to fix battlefield 4 and doing this achieves nothing.

• Fidiuss
      December 5th, 2013 at 10:56 am

i agree

17. Dave the HUN
    December 6th, 2013 at 6:32 am

As a new member to the BF gaming world, I would like to know if BF3 had this many problems on the roll out of that game

18. Don--Horshamviper1
    December 6th, 2013 at 9:00 am

Yes it is a problem with freezes. I play every night. Sometimes I am ok then wham. Last night was bad. Froze two or three times. Locker as a jittery efect in it. It almost comes to a complete freeze but is still going at slow motion. I would really like Dice to play this for a week straight. You guys have done a great job and I know everything can not be perfect. I also have bf3. I received my xbox in beginning part of Feb. I think I had about 4 updates that I had to download. So this is not the first. But the question remains Do you guys test these fully??. Also I want to thank you for the extra boost.

19. guestq
    December 9th, 2013 at 7:13 am

It could be arranged by producer and admin.

20. angelrose
    December 9th, 2013 at 11:56 am

I have played up to 6 hours straight on the china rising without a glitch. Before that it was crashing every game.
    Every online game will be going through the same thing in its launch. No body can predict the amount or the load on the servers. This only becomes apparent after launch.
    For all the people bitching….grow up an leave Dice out of this…..it is EA you should direct your fire at. Yes it is very dissapionting especially for premium members and yes it is insulting to be offered double experience when you cant finish a game……just remember why you bought the game in the first place….because bf3 was awesome. ..give Dice a chance to deliver the best game in the world …its not like its been out for long.

21. Fred
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

U can’t even get into conquest

22. Fred
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

If u can get into a game thank the gods

23. p3miki
    December 11th, 2013 at 11:46 am

Wow .. be kick by a stupid selfish how can’t do anything else of his life than play a game that he couldn’t code himself OR even appreciate the hard work other people do for him to play this game .. this is disappointing.

24. James
    May 5th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I ran 3 servers and with a one day exception of an admin acting dumb and was stripped of his admin by me personally, never had any complaints. I suggest many of those who whine are troublemakers who team kill and other stupidity. I kicked 23 players in a whole year and 21 were back on the server within minutes because they pleaded their case and we talked and I got a promise they wouldn’t act silly and all 21 kept their words. The other two well I can’t repeat what they said in a public forum. Every server I had admins and watchers I trusted to tell me if there was any admin abuse, yes that is how I caught the one idiot admin acting stupid and abusing his power. Coincidentally all 3 severs were full 24/7 and had many emails and voice mail messages thanking me. Yes there are always idiots, but we do not allow them to control us and saying that the private servers are bad is saying anyone who drinks milk is bad. Seriously we need to mature a little and accept a fact that a “Private” server is just that and rule count, and if the rules offend you, quit being a cry baby whiner and move to another server.
    Sadly EA and Dice released a game they knew was damaged goods, might be why the top execs dumped their stock holdings so fast during the release month.

25. Knija