Battlefield 4 PS4 patch released, Xbox One update delayed

While a new BF4 patch on the PS4 has been released, the upcoming Xbox One update has been delayed.

Battlefield 4 xbox one patch

DICE has released yet another Battlefield 4 patch for PlayStation 4 owners, which fixes most of the crashing problems, according to the update notes. This is the second PS4 patch in just as many weeks.

As for the long awaited Xbox One patch, DICE has confirmed that it has been delayed. Instead, DICE will combine the updates into the next Xbox One patch, which will include many of the fixes and tweaks from the last several PC and PS4 patches.

While both PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 versions have gotten several updates, the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 is yet to get the first patch. DICE says they will release the full patch notes when the update is released.

Yesterday, Microsoft reported that they were giving out refunds to Battlefield 4 Premium subscriptions, after a number of players were unsatisfied with Premium and the stability of the game on the Xbox One and Xbox 360.

1. Tyrane
    December 12th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

the only problems I’ve had with X1 are trying to join a server and it says ‘no commander slots when I don’t select commander and it says ‘server is full’ when there’s plenty of space. also a crash 50% of the time it loads dawnbreaker. other than that it’s running great.

2. graham148
    December 12th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

PS4 patch yesterday for us in UK, for me this game just went backwards. Don’t know what they have tried to fix here, but game seems like its lagging and players killing me now with what appears single shots.

3. bman9669
    December 13th, 2013 at 3:41 am

Same here.. i played last night after the patch and it seems way worse. crashed 2 times on conquest in the middle of 2 games and both games were EXTREMELY lagging!!! next gen my a**, this game has been very laggy on conquest large ever since it came out and IMO it has got only worse not better in any way!!!! and its not my internet.. before someone trys to say it is… my speeds are well above what i need to play this game. DICE/EA time to really fix this… im soon ready to throw my PS4 controller thru my TV. Thanks

• Assassin2003
      December 16th, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Do not hurt your PS4. It is not the consoles fault DICE released such a poorly optimized game. The graphics are good but no where near pushing the PS4. .

This is bad programming and optimization plain and simple.

4. Exceeds
    December 13th, 2013 at 6:10 am

Work A1 on ps4. Except for the server browser.
    But the rest of the game is A1.

5. Mr_Assault_08
    December 13th, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Played the game and worked well in CQ 64 with commanders. Game works normal and haven’t had a crash in 3 hours of play. So ps4 patch works good, still far from Fixed.

6. Kobe jhonson
    December 13th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Dam game is even more broke so dam laggy in conquest/conquest large even in obliteration it’s a bit laggy this game is a total fail I don’t see them fixing anything man I spent 100 bucks for a unfinished game dice u did me this time I just got to wait a long time before u guys release a game next time

7. Randy
    December 13th, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Xbox One Servers crashes and not being able to load a game on bf4. its very frustrating after buying the game and it not being able to perform what is expected of it. EA games needs to really get this boat afloat right away COD is going to win many people to there product if this keeps up!!!

8. IVanSpinal
    December 14th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Works good to me.
    Few crashes

9. Gotmilk
    December 16th, 2013 at 7:13 am

It has issues, would really like to see the server browser working. However let us think about this. New console, that is already a bit of a challenge for developers, as they are not 100% sure how it will react to their work (which if you remember the launch of the PS3 and xbox 360 was riddled with even more issues). There can be problems that they occur which no one would think of or be able to predict. New games that involves multiplayer on a massive scale. There will always be bugs and issues with new consoles and games.

As a personal note, I am happy if people who cannot keep their cool with some bug issues and the first issues that are coming with the new console stop playing. It will make life for the ones that remain much quieter and simple.

Would really like to see some 200% or 300% or 500% ticket games for conquest and rush. I know that they are trying to fix it. So hopefully soon it will be working good.

Can’t wait to finally be able to use the DLC content as it has not worked for me as of yet. However I enjoy the game thus far, the features seem more deep and graphics look really nice.

10. Jaydoh
    December 17th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

It’s working real nice on ps4 after this update dec 17

11. Eddy Stiffler
    January 5th, 2014 at 4:38 am

I have the new patch for Battlefield 4 and it didn’t fix anything. Just made it worst. My game crashs and doesn’t sace anything plus it is lagging more

12. OneDo11arBill
    January 6th, 2014 at 6:40 pm

The Xbox One version of this game has been fixed none. My game crashes whenever I try to open a Quick Match and it is already January 6th. I can’t deploy in most of my games due to lag and when I do I just die. I don’t even get shot or anything, and it doesn’t say I was killed it just says “Killed in Action.” I cannot change weapons or go to prone or crouch or get in vehicles, let alone attempt to shoot or fly with any hope of not crashing, whenever I am allowed to spawn. My internet is fine, it was fine for Battlefield 3 and because I expected BF4 to be way better, I bought a RocketFish ethernet cable that is 15gbps with 1080p+ support, and it says it supports up to 100 connections from all over the world. So that means BF4 shouldn’t have any lag problem at all… but it does. So Dice, EA, you need to step it up.