Battlefield 4 PS4 and PS3 updates rolling out now

New patches for Sony's consoles are available today.

Battlefield 4 PS4 patch

DICE initially delayed the Battlefield 4 patch for the PlayStation 4 for “additional testing”, but it now turns out the delay wasn’t that long. The Battlefield 4 patch for the PS4 has now been released, and for good measure, DICE has also released the PS3 patch as well.

The PlayStation 4 patch fixed many of the same issues the recent PC patch fixed, including a fix for the “one hit kill” headshot bug. The BF4 patch also fixes a crash that occurs when players have a very large list of friends on PSN. Finally, the PS4 patch enables audio in video capture.

The list of fixes and tweaks in the Battlefield 4 PS3 patch is much larger. The patch includes several stability improvements and some gameplay tweaks that were added in previous patches on other platforms. The patch brings the PS3 version in line with the other platforms.

Over the last two weeks, DICE has released several Battlefield 4 patches across multiple platforms, in addition to the 13th server patch.

1. Alpha_Mongoose
    December 5th, 2013 at 8:59 am

Be ready for a let down.

2. dustin
    December 5th, 2013 at 7:09 pm

lots of server connection issues since I did the upgrade on my PS3. I had zero issues before, nice job 🙂

• stuey
      December 9th, 2013 at 7:32 am

same here didnt suffer before 1 bit now getting it 3 out of 5 games freezes guess i got lucky for too long 🙁

• adrian
        December 9th, 2013 at 3:14 pm

the servers need to update as well dont forget that
        try filtering your servers near to where u live like east or west coast US
        if u dont know how to do it hit the R3 button while in the server browser
        i had no connection issues so far

3. otu
    December 6th, 2013 at 7:30 am

My campaign is frozen at loading since I updated…

4. GounKhmer
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

PS3 version is still broken got booted from campaign and multiplayer like usual -.-

5. daniel
    December 12th, 2013 at 4:55 am

Im having problem since I updated bf4 on ps3 it says the file is corrupt and after I restore my ps3 the screen goes blank 🙁

• Isaiah
      December 14th, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Hey man, I dont think thats a BF4 issue your having. My girlfriend downloaded ”Dragons dogma” from the ps+ free game list and had the same exact issue. It says the files corrupt and when it finishes the restore it freezes, then when you restart the ps3 it does it all over again. She had this issue 2 or 3 days ago, I helped her fix it and she deleted the game and didnt bother to re download it. But it seems to be a general issue happening recently, not a BF4 issue. But as far as the bf4 issues are going, sounds terrible. Im thinking about buying the DL version right now, but now Im not so sure.

• Josh
        December 29th, 2014 at 11:11 am

How did you fix it because im having the same problem…my system file is now corrupted and it will load but when its time for the ps3 to restart its a black screen. I popped a new hard drive in and everything is fine except i have to start from scratch. I put alot of effort into Bf4 and i dont want to lose my data on bf4 or any of my other games really! How can i fix my old hard drive or at least get all my old data from the corrupted hard drive?

6. Pooch
    December 15th, 2013 at 5:27 am

EA has really drop the ball on this one I would hate to become a Cod player love Bf4 but I am losing faith with EA

7. matt
    December 15th, 2013 at 5:07 pm

im extremely disapointed in bf4 for ps3. it continues to lock up while im playing the game forcing me to manualy shutdown the system. when i turn the ps3 back on my screen resolution is jacked up and im constantly having to reset it. im also having server issues that jump back and forth from different matches like conquest, deathmatch, and obliteration. i wouldnt have waisted the money on it if i would have known it would have so many issues. it is a great game when I can play it but i will never purchase another bf after this. cod just won my vote for the better game

8. JacKtheRiFFeR
    December 17th, 2013 at 3:04 am

If EA wasn’t so keen on churning out a product that clearly wasn’t ready to be released and just think of nothing but pure profit they might have had an awesome game.But instead F@?ked over their own gaming community instead,duped people out of their money and seem to not be doing much to help curb the problems.Single player still NOT saving and having to restart again and again and again……….. Multiplayer issues etc. It’s about time some of the problems should’ve been sorted,I will never buy a pruduct from them again.

9. JacKtheRiFFeR
    December 17th, 2013 at 3:19 am

Gamers have the power to force their greedy hands to make quality instead of FAULTY products that DO NOT WORK….I feel sorry for all who bought the premium to.Cod games maybe s@?t but atleast they are a polished turd for release.

10. daniel f
    December 17th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Just out of curiosity has any one had issues loading battlefield 4 on ps3 and it not reading the disc, as i bought mine when it came out and after installing it to my system it wont play but all my other games do such call of duty ghost and a few other new games

11. Braydon
    December 23rd, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Hey guys I got this game for ps3 for Christmas and I haven’t opened it yet so I could still return it. Should I keep it or return it? It looks really fun but with all the bugs I just don’t know. I don’t want it to mess up my ps3.

• Psychedelic-.-1
      December 28th, 2013 at 8:14 am

Return it and get BF3

12. Psychedelic-.-1
    December 28th, 2013 at 8:13 am

I absolutely LOVE the BF series, it has given me the most exciting online experience. Having said that, I have switched to black ops 2. I am completely pissed off that I spent, $110(CAD) on a game that freezes, crashes, glitches, won’t load or save and usually won’t let me join a server. Until DICE and frostbite3 fix their game, I refuse to play. BF3 did not have this many problems with online and had the campaign had no problems either.

13. greg
    January 6th, 2014 at 3:01 pm

campaign wont save make this game better fu@/*%+ fix game with patch b4 all gamers conceed and burn it

14. greg