Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 Patch released

DICE has released a brand new BF4 Xbox 360 patch that brings the 360 version up to par with other platforms.

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 patchA couple of days ago, DICE released a Battlefield 4 patch for PS3 and PS4, and now an Xbox 360 patch brings that platform up to par with the others.

As with the PS3 and PS4 patches, the Xbox 360 update adds a fix for the “one hit kill headshot”, in addition to a lot of technical fixes, such as a fix for numerous crash issues. Players will have to manually download this update on the Xbox Live Marketplace, where they will find it under “multiplayer update 3”.

Here is the full patch changelog from DICE:

-Reduced the risk of a crash when transitioning from one multiplayer round to another
-Fixed a crash that could occur when creating decals (bullet hit effects, etc.)
-Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving vehicles
-Fixed a crash that could occur when moving outside of the intended play area
-Fixed a crash that could occur when firing the MBT and IFV gunner incendiary weapon
-Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Options menu
-Fixed a problem with weapon accessories using up too much memory, which in turn could lead to crashing

While DICE has now released multiple Battlefield 4 patches on PC, PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360, the Xbox One is yet to get its first patch. Granted, it was the last platform to ever get Battlefield 4, as the Xbox One launched just two weeks ago.

1. Torchwood-5
    December 7th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

wow. eveything in BF4 leads to crashing.

2. Marque Lee
    December 8th, 2013 at 2:37 am

The first time I loaded into an MP game 3 days ago I got a black screen system crash and my HDMI cord died, not sure if they’re connected but still everything was crashing

3. Adam B.
    December 8th, 2013 at 8:45 am

– Fixed a crash where turning on the game could lead to crashing
    – Fixed a crash where buying the game could brick your system
    – Fixed a crash where downloading the patch could cause a crash
    – Fixed a crash where the crashes lead to more crashes

4. Greg
    December 8th, 2013 at 11:06 am

Update just smoke and mirrors… Still crashes. Basically downloaded 300 megabytes of nothing

5. mutten
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:24 am

Downloaded it, started the game, crashed again. sigh

6. Robert
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:16 am

LOL So I was looking around for Patch notes for the newest update I just found them now. So I’m looking and I seeing what they fixed and laughing to myself. I played Last night 12-9-13 with a couple of friends and crashed twice on one map ok whatever It won’t happen again now DAWNBREAKER the map that I could never play because of crashing 98% of the time game loads I start to walk and………BANG the map Freezes So I said some Kind and Loving words Dropped my stuff and watched Netflix. So My Friends over at Dice I know you are hard working folks trying to get this game better and it will I trust in that. But next time please don’t rush it to beat your Rivals “COD Ghost” Thank you

7. jason
    December 10th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Download bf4 multi player 3 update, start the game and still
    continues to ask for update. Erased and tryed again, same thing. Cannot add update 3 on xbox360.

• Alex
      December 12th, 2013 at 11:39 pm

I have exactly the same problem! I am also having the same problem with the China Rising pack. Downloaded, go to play Air Superiority and it isn’t there on the list of game modes. I have downloaded, erased, downloaded again many times and still BF4 just isn’t registering that I have downloaded China Rising and Multi Player 4 update!

• JungleMane1017
      December 13th, 2013 at 4:44 am

I’ve been having the same problem and it’s only getting more frustrating. Trust me sir, you are NOT alone.

• hunter
        December 14th, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Im with you guys as well. this is BS. Ive deleted ALL the updats to try and get a fresh start and still wont work

8. Wesley
    December 14th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

It’s still crashing after this patch…. thanks DICE !

• Jeremy
      January 3rd, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Don’t blame dice, blame EA for rushing a great game, again.

9. H8M0NGR
    December 15th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Patch #3 for 360 and still crashing. Criminally pathedic development on this game and microsoft doing nothing about having to cold boot your xbox after a freeze, maybe they hope we will kill our xbox 360 with this trailer trash game and we will buy the next line of their console. Not here clowns. Plan to get a PS4 soon and a copy of a real game like call of duty ghost. Peace out losers enjoy the millions of dollars you stole from your fans.

• J Stewart
      December 17th, 2013 at 6:12 am

Lol microsoft has no part in making BF4. And when you do switch to COD Ghosts and BF4 is fixed and you look back on how shit COD will turn out after 15 hours of repetive MP gameplay, your gonna wish you never switched. You need to learn patients and understand how difficult it is to code a game like BF.

• kraigdankk
        December 20th, 2013 at 3:17 am

Both games are/will be repetive. Ghost isn’t a bad game at all. I think its the best cod since mw2. Graphics are clean, ( I know bf4 is ALOT bigger and has more background stuff then graphics), but ghost being scraped, and started fresh. They did a good job. Dont think im a fan boy either, i play all shooters, cod, bf, moh, halo, rainbow,gears. Just I seen on every forum “ghost is shit” “ghost graphics are crap” “blah blah blah”. It the end… So far ghost is stable and does what it needs to. Bf4 can be great, and I think bf4 is alot better then 3. Only time will tell.

• Elliott
          January 14th, 2014 at 8:54 am

Granted BF4 is still crashing to date (1/14/14) and my hate for EA grows at the lack of outstanding efforts to solve the problems, i quit playing COD after i found out modern warfare2 was their last hoorah. I thought it was fishy how on black friday only a month after it was out it was worth only $25… Skyrim is still around $45 used… I still really like the game and think you should keep patient for another few weeks. If whoever is in charge makes a comeback, BF4 could clean out house with the game.

10. James
    December 22nd, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Have downloaded update 3 and 4 but it still crashes regularly. Dice needed to work these issues out before release. Minor problems i can understand, and i really enjoy the game overall. The only problem is it only works properly 50% of the time. Its really a shame.

11. Cort reinke
    March 23rd, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Before second assault my game on the 360 only froze/crashed on dawn breaker (which I was fine with I didn’t care for that map that much)but right when I get second assault it freezes I was so PISSED on all maps but gulf of Oman and when I play operation metro it’s a neon glitch