Game host rages over Battlefield 4, calls it “buggy bullshit”

Game host Kevin Pereira recently raged over how broken the game is.

Video game host Kevin Pereira recently did a podcast where he went all out against EA and Battlefield 4. While he loves Battlefield 4, he completely destroys EA and how they released a broken game to market that’s unplayable. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen someone rage over Battlefield 4 problems.

He gets into it right from the beginning, saying, “Fuck EA for their typical releasing of buggy, bullshit and then charging full price for it”. He continues on, raging on just how broken Battlefield 4 is, and is even more pissed that EA is now releasing the China Rising expansion pack while the game itself is still broken.

To his point, the release version of Battlefield 4 was absolutely horrendous. But over the past month, DICE has worked hard and released numerous patches, and there’s no denying that Battlefield 4 is much better now on all levels.

TAGS: ,

1. MHD
    December 18th, 2013 at 11:00 am

I agree with the article, EA were wrong to push something out so soon without testing properly and this is inexcusable. Dice on the other hand have seemingly worked very hard on this to get it fixed. Surely BF4 must have had close to the amount of patches that BF3 had over it’s lifetime by now.

The video rings of click bait on their behalf. BF4 is now still far off perfect, but as mentioned above is a way better game than when it was released. China Rising (and probably most of the dlc) was/is probably finished and waiting to be released already so I’d imagine little work on Dice’s part to press the ‘Go’ button on releasing it.

• steve
      December 19th, 2013 at 10:20 am

DICE doesn’t know their own engine, to fix lines of codes they could be releasing 5-10mb patches not the same 89x mb patch every time and removing game physics every time they try and fix something because they clearly have no clue what they are doing.
      Maybe they should ask the COD devs for help

• max
        December 25th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

My thaughts since BF3 😀 😀 we should spread the word !
        totally agree (Y)

• Battlecrash 4
      December 20th, 2013 at 10:06 am

^^ agreed

• Harry Potter
      April 13th, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Unfortunately battlefeild 4 is broken on the Xbox 360, the constant Fps drops, the multiple graphical errors and the consistent crashes make the game almost unplayable. In addition some of the simple physics are broken as well such as the amazing power to teleport out of cover 3 seconds after being shot. The 360 version is still in a Beta stage, it is pathetic that EA thought this was a good idea on the 360

• Shitty game
      January 21st, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Conquest sucks and will continue to suck until you take the vehicles off. I’m shooting tanks with all kinds of explosives and nothing happens. I’ve even shot tanks with other tanks multiple times and still nothing. It doesn’t even effect the other tanks health. I’ve rammed them with choppers and jets, still nothing. It’s ridiculous. Talk about a waste of money. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they took it off the shelves completely. The only thing the game is good for is target practice.

2. tox
    December 18th, 2013 at 11:01 am

hahaha !!” Its ‘ joke , battlefield is dead bf4=cod+moh
    patch 12/17/2013 is horrible !!
    thats end, i play on bf3 !!

3. Synton
    December 18th, 2013 at 11:17 am

Didn’t have any crash since the new patch, Kevin Pereira needs a new pc

• Brando
      December 18th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Did you even listen to the video or check the date when it was posted? He’s playing on Xbox first of all, and even if he was playing on PC the video was posted before the update that fixed some things…

• steve
      December 19th, 2013 at 10:23 am

I have more crashes and so do my friends after the new patch, and we aren’t kids or morons with spyware and other junk and all of our pc’s are $1500-2000.

• Moshpitti
        December 19th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

You do realize that if you and your friends actually managed to force down $1,5-2k each means you guys have absolutely no clue what you need to run games, right?

Alas, the latest patch was pure garbage on all fronts for sure, regardless of what you’re running the game on.

• dick
          May 18th, 2014 at 12:08 am

I spent ~$1100 on my pc. After my new case, 12 fans, water cooling, ect w/e.
          its an amd 9370 oc’d to 5.2 Ghz, on a sabertooth 990x board, ive got dual 280x’s crossfired gpus, 16gb of ram, 480gb SSD I mean bro my pc is literally top notch and BF4 may run “acceptable” 3/10 games but on certain maps like OP locker or the bay one it really does run like dog dick. Now, I’m no fool, I update my drivers and all that, I delete the previous ones before I do, I’m not an idiot. I get it. I get computer shit. and BF4 is a freaking ABOMINATION

4. it is all true
    December 18th, 2013 at 11:39 am

The guy speaks the truth. As long as DICE is beneath EA, they will continue pushing out unfinished, paid pre-alpha tests and charging full price for it. Hopefully the massive outrage and backlash of players all over the world will make them think twice before forcing a developer to push out a product that’s quite clearly not finished…..ah hell, this is EA, of course they won’t learn from this!

5. Collision
    December 18th, 2013 at 11:50 am

“and there’s no denying that Battlefield 4 is much better now on all levels.”
    Wrong, It’s still Alphafield 4.

6. Mr_Assault_08
    December 18th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Well it has improved, but there’s still a broken game to fix. Hit markers are WTF now, takes more bullets to kill or hit people (insert lame skill pun), quick deaths or insta deaths.

Other than that the game hasn’t crashed on me, feels more solid with occasional lag (nothing BAD) and the queue has been finally re-added so yay! We still have a long way to go, but better than it was a month ago….On the PS4.

“DICE has worked hard and released numerous patches, and there’s no denying that Battlefield 4 is much better now on all levels.” – so I’ll agree to this face, it is better than before. Not great, but we are on patch….4??? Enough for me to count.

7. James
    December 18th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

This is coming from an Xbox one user, with hardly any glitches. Saying you can’t join a lobby? Ha. Haven’t had that problem. One hit kill is whatever, actually kind of nice when your DMR gets a kill in 2 rounds like it should.. there hasn’t been a single thing that negatively impacts my overall gameplay. Cry cause it crashes and you have to take 30 seconds to Open it again..:( I know, life’s tough.

8. Doug455fb
    December 18th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Still getting DCed after bout 10 to 15 minutes of play

9. Justin
    December 18th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I think it was released way too early,, and yes I feel a but ripped off paying for premium and not even getting to play the new maps….stop releasing new shit and fix the old problems. Dawnbreaker FREEZES every time,,,,,and NO FREE COMMANDER SPOTS every time you try to join a match(even though not trying to join as a commander)….make it so we can atleast play with our friends and not have to pull my 360 plug out of the wall to restart it every 30 minutes!!!!! You have all our MONEY hire more people to fix our game or give us a partial refund!!!!

10. larry
    December 18th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

“Battlefield 4 is much better now on all levels.”

Oh year after over 1gig of patches on the PS4 they got rid of the blur effect.

Single player still corrupting files, never will unlock those weapons. Server browser filters never stick. Lag Laaaaaaaaaaag…rubberband…laaaaag…Laaaaaaag. No commander slots available.

Oh and after pre-ordering the game with my launch day PS4, and typing in the code for China Rising a few times, I still can’t play China Rising. Maybe someday I will get to use what I paid for.

I LOVED BF games. I stopped COD at Modern Warfare but I am so tempted to get Ghosts because I hear it actually works 99% of the time.

EA was obsessed with catching and surpassing COD with BF. Now they have set that progress back 5 years with this release. I am SO glad I did not buy premium yet.

December 18th, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Well the crashing has stopped but the 25+ snipers on every server that kill you within 2 steps of every spawn is now made it unplayable to me.

12. Simon
    December 18th, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I am trying to play it but still having plenty of issues with china rising.My screen keeps flickering every few seconds.The shooting has changed IMO.
    But the worst thing of all for me is there is no one playing in Australia.Most of the servers are always empty or have only a few people in them.Well done EA.
    You guys really destroyed a potentially great game.I am going back to BF3 or bad company 2.At least I get enjoyment while I am playing.
    BF4 is just unnecessary stress after work.I want to have an enjoyable experience,not a stressful game crashing shit netcode waste of time experience.Screw you EA

• derek
      December 18th, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I play solely on the Australia/NZ servers on PC and there are always plenty full of users. Are you on console or PC? If PC maybe you have a filter blocking something in battlelog?

• Simon
        December 19th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Hey Derek.I am playing pc but I am a rush player and there is not too many full servers playing rush.Especially china rising.I played for 3 hours last night and the game is running great for me now.I just wish people would come back to rush like in bf3.China rising is a lot of fun.One or two more patches and this game will be amazing. Finally I can see the light in that very dark tunnel.

13. mohammad
    December 18th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

at least this was MORE PUBLICLY RAGE .

14. Chance
    December 18th, 2013 at 7:42 pm

HURR DURR BATTLFIELD 4 IS BROKEN AND UNPLAYABLE HURR DURR. That’s all I see on this website anymore. If the game is broken, then why did I play it 4 hours straight problem-free? Please post something other than this game sucks. Rant over.

• No Chance
      December 19th, 2013 at 8:33 am

Yeah, because your experience is everyone else’s experience, right? It is completely irrelevant that you managed to play four hours straight, because neither me nor anyone else who is complaining is playing on your rig. On mine – which plays everything else I throw at it just fine, be it BF3, GTA, Sleeping Dogs or whatever – Battlefield 4 IS totally bugged (HURR DURRR), prone to crashes and at times utterly unplayable. Explain that, Einstein. Or does your world not go any further than the confines of your home basement?

• Chance
        December 19th, 2013 at 2:04 pm

My, “rig” happens to be an Xbox 360. I played another 3-4 hours problem free this morning, also.

• Fat Chance
          December 24th, 2013 at 11:12 am

Hurr Durr, my rig is also Xbox 360 and it continually crashes/freezes on this game….always Battlefield 4, not other games. But next time it happens I’ll think of you happily playing for three-four hours and keep repeating “this game is not broken, this game is not broken”.
          See? I feel better already Hurr durr.

• Little Chance
            December 26th, 2013 at 2:38 pm

My BF4 crashed about 23,478 times :/

• yes it sucks
      December 19th, 2013 at 9:28 am

If you play sniping on the the farest mountain u may not see that problem but people runing around capturing bases and blowing tanks have a lots of problems just watch some videos.

• Chance
        December 19th, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I do both, more infantry work than sniping, actually. I still have no problems.

15. robo
    December 19th, 2013 at 12:51 am

Not on the xbox one . Its in a terrible state

16. xbox one
    December 19th, 2013 at 3:34 am

I don’t have many problems with the game, but my main 2 are I can’t join servers saying there full when empty, and it kicking me to the hone screen and shutting down, I hope they fix it soon, and tho those saying stop whining I haven’t had s problem, lucky you, but just because you can play it doesn’t mean we can’t express our frustration on having a game that doesn’t work as it should

17. oGINGERNUTSo
    December 19th, 2013 at 4:46 am

Xbox one user plenty of problems can’t join servers can’t join with friends any sever I do get into I get one game and kicked spend more time joining games than playing them. What happened to consumer rights. The game may work for some but everyone I know with an Xbox are having the same problems. After the latest patch came out it played great got my confidence back in the game so I went of and got China rising then the game went back to the same bullshit

18. John
    December 19th, 2013 at 5:14 am

Game plays great now, thanks Dice!

19. yes it sucks
    December 19th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Men u are one of the luckyest. You would be talking the same shit as they if u had experienced the same problems. Watch some videos on YouTube to see what are they talking about. I can’t complain, my gaming experience is almost good but definitely there are problems out there.

20. ml
    December 19th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Its pretty good on pc nowadays. Servers are full mostly, nobody complaining anymore. It took a while to get the most mess out, but I never regretted getting this game. Thanks dice and shame on ea

21. Fidiuss
    December 20th, 2013 at 5:22 am

To be fair to dice the game for me is now fixed….i can play all maps with no issues, its actually fun to play ……i never complained openly that much as im a patient person after this last patch all is good in my opinion.

• Craig
      December 26th, 2013 at 4:27 am

Well, Fidiuss, some of us are still in the dark as to how you get this beast to run. I have reloaded, imaged, booted, restored, edited, upgraded (whole new Intel i7 rig), run two separate P.C. rigs at different locations/ISPs and no luck. Stuttering, lagging,crashing buggy piece of crap software. All is good in your “experience” and im so jealous. Why?…. Is the question I would ask that our experiences are so different. Good luck to you.

22. manicpafc
    December 22nd, 2013 at 10:02 am

Xbox one user and most of the problems this site keeps posting about have now been fixed, the game is still far from the finished product but bf3 was also a mess for the first two or three months, so my strong faith in Dice remains unwavered when it comes to there ability to fix the problems as fast as they can, in a month this will all mostly have been forgiven because the game will continue to stabilize and everybody on wich ever system will be experiencing BF4 the way that it is supposed to be.

23. Dylan
    December 22nd, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I haven’t had a crash once since the game came out

24. Mike
    December 23rd, 2013 at 5:34 am

I haven’t been able to play it yet due to PC issues. However. Just on the comment about Trent Reznor. Anything he does is music genius, I’d say he could fart a great song. Not going to lie.

25. I should have kept my job on G4
    December 29th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

It’s all in the name.

26. prospective
    January 8th, 2014 at 11:43 pm

The biggest problemo is with the targeting hoax that won’t register any kill without big delays fx your enemy will still kill you with 0 health level and EA can’t/won’t ever patch this problem. Should be renamed to “ex-battlefield”.

27. it died after bf2
    April 28th, 2014 at 8:12 pm

ea has been voted worst company a few years in a row now. why is every one surprised that they butcher everything they touch?i hope more lawsuits come their way. the game clearly wasnt finished and its an insult to all consumers that it was released with all these issues. there are free to play games that are made light years better then this. last battlefield game i will ever buy sadly.

28. Paul
    May 9th, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I just had a go on PS4 and it is still unplayable. Rubber banding still exists, hit detection in my opinion is worst then ever and RPG’s not rendering shot animation just to name a few.

How are others finding it now?

29. Spirit Black
    May 18th, 2014 at 4:22 am

As today, still broken as shit. Tried CTE, still broken as shit.

30. Brokenfield 4
    July 19th, 2014 at 4:23 pm

I agree with most of the comments but also now they have another game coming out when they have a buggy as shit game already that needs fixing which also stuffs microtransactions down your damn throat