New Battlefield 4 patch for PC released

New PC patch fixes some of the crashing issues and other problems.

Battlefield 4 patch

Good news today: without any warning or announcement, DICE has rolled out a brand new Battlefield 4 patch for PC gamers, which fixes more of the crashing bugs, in addition to other tweaks. Furthermore, a new server patch has been released as well, which fixes some common server crashes.

The new Battlefield 4 patch weighs in at over 880 MB, and is now available via Origin. The new server patch, R15, mainly fixes a server crash bug, and makes the client patch compatible with game servers. Here’s the full PC client patch notes:

• Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
  • Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
  • Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
  • Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
  • Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
  • Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
  • Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
  • Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
  • Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.

The patch also fixed a “frame desync” issue, where players would get shot even if they were behind cover. It’s been rumored that the previous BF4 patch was actually causing more crashes for players, and hopefully this patch fixes that.

1. AjaSos
    December 9th, 2013 at 11:32 am

after update no change – sound loop crash !!!!

2. Anonymous
    December 9th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

On battlelog the picture with this thread is of operation metro, maybe this means us PC players get second assault soon!

3. mohammad
    December 9th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

let’s see after many people returned bf4 & got their money back because of the endless crashing issues , sending endless crashing reports plus hackers reports , sending more hate mails to ea & dice & kicking patrich bash out of his own game which caused a big humiliation to the team & ea felt the anger of the battlefield community & started doing a right thing ( to save them selves & not losing more money ) which is kinda unbelievable but at least it is good to see them focusing on fixing the game & stopped developing any dlc or game projects . we should give great thanks to the players who forced the company to do the right thing for all of us & no matter how big you are there’s always a way to bring you down .

4. TheDoc1959
    December 9th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Exactly the same for me. Two crashes (game freezing up) in the space of 10 minutes

5. KILL3R3
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Change back the soldier buttons! DICE. For bf4 ps4, just like bf3 ps3 (aim shoot L1/R1 not L2/R2)

6. Jack Marriott
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

This update has really worked for me, i finally feel the game is fixed for once.

7. Boss
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I’m still going to wait for some time. May (and I say may) get it for Christmas. But BF3: Premium also sounds good (I haven’t played any of the BF games ’cause my parents are kinda strict)

• Lucky_Soul
      December 9th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I’m not sure if you know, but the way you posted, it sounds like you think that BF3 Premium is a game. It is an expansion pack for BF3. Not the game itself.

• Boss
        December 9th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Ok, I understand. Which should I get this holiday?

• Philip Zeplin
          December 9th, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Get Battlefield 4. It would be a pretty weird time to get BF3.

And as noted above: BF Premium is not a game. When you buy Premium, you get all the future expansion packs for Battlefield 4, and a few random bonuses (like xp weekends and stuff). But it’s useless unless you first buy BF4 as itself (same goes for BF3 and BF3 premium).

• FurryYiff_1887
            December 10th, 2013 at 9:58 am

That might be incorrect guys; he could be talking about Bf3 premium addition which is a game and gives you all of premium with the purchase price of the game, so you know.

8. Erin K
    December 9th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Don’t get your hopes up. Sound-loop crash on Paracel Storm within 10 minutes of downloading the update.

I haven’t been able to play long enough to see if the “BF4 has stopped working” crash has been fixed yet, so I’ll hold out hope for that. Just can’t run Paracel, Galmud, Dawnbreaker or Siege w/o a sound loop crash. No big deal I guess, only 40% of the maps don’t work. Could be worse.

• SuomiTaistelija
      December 9th, 2013 at 11:52 pm

have you tried “fix installation” in origin? it sure did work out for me, i had problems on those maps also, after i did that fix, i have had a single problem since….

9. Mediciny
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Another patch that fixes nothing, but actually makes it worse. Done with bf4.

10. Dlr41
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I think a Rockstar GTAV Online apology would be appreciated for everyone that has been supporting the game and being patient through all of this. Maybe a fan favorite remastered map released for free when everything was taken care of. Oasis?

December 9th, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Great no more crashes so I can continue to die while behind solid cover like happened tonight…Not fixed.

12. Welz82
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Worse for me too. Its running like a dog once again (stuttering which was previously fixed), and im crashing mid game again, where as I was ‘only’ crashing inbetween games on the previous patch… so at least I was keeping my stats. If i’d of bought this direct from EA id ask for my money back. This is awful

13. Antykain
    December 9th, 2013 at 10:27 pm

We’ll see how this patch works out.. Not been having many stability issues as of late, but the other “bugs” were still annoying.

14. Gr33k
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:54 am

Well, the fix seems to have done something very odd for me. Instead of getting shot behind cover (still happens btw) I now get shot as I run towards a corner as I can only assume the person around the corner see’s me before I get there!? Played for a couple of hours last night and this kept happening! I just kept getting shot before I came out of cover!?!?!?!? Even got to the point where I now have Fraps to see if I am going mad or if it is actually happening…

15. benx70
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:22 am

First i would like to thank DICE for their hard work when it comes to the pc gaming world. As a long time PC FPS game player whos played battlefield, COD,Joint OPs, PS ETC ETC i know that even after all the work there is no way to get all the games to run properly on everybodys computer cause everybody has a different config , and to top it off the game is on multiple platforms. I remember this same headache with COD, COD4, Battlefield, Planetside 1 etc etc. Unfortunately EA pushed the game out before the Quality Assurance team had enough time to test the game for bugs.
    Im sure in time the game will run smooth for everybody, at least i hope so.

• quad
      December 10th, 2013 at 10:28 am

” there is no way to get all the games to run properly on everybodys computer cause everybody has a different config , and to top it off the game is on multiple platforms.”

The logic in your post appears to me to be trivial AND flawed.

If they cannot deliver a WORKING game that can handle different configs, they should inform their paying customers of that BEFORE they offer the product for sale (on PC).

If they do not have the resources or knowledge to offer the game on multiple platforms, they should either lower their ambition and offer the game to only one or much fewer platforms OR warn the paying customers of expected problems BEFORE receiving the payment.

Since they are NOT doing neither of the above, we have to assume and EXPECT them to deliver a product the executes according to specs on any config/platform. End of story really.

16. Rich
    December 10th, 2013 at 4:18 am

My crashing stopped after I reinstalled the entire game and PB.

To many patches on top of each other is bad news i have found.

17. PhyrexAlianza
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:04 am

This update did increase some fps for me with an i5 3570k and hd 7870 OC in crossfire. Still crashing tho. Uninstalling advanced system care boosted my fps up a lot. doubled it.

18. Milo
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:58 am

Hi All,

I must say I encountered TONS of crashes since launch (Win 8.1, i5-2500k, 6870) even after first big update. Everything changed when I started launching game witch 32bit shortcut instead of 64bit. No more crashes etc. Maybe for some of U it will help as for me DID. No problems at all.

19. Simon
    December 10th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I downloaded the new patch for the pc and I have not experienced any crashes now.Seems totally fixed for crashing for me but the netcode is still terrible.I am getting shot bye tanks through whole buildings when I am on the other side.Snipers must be loving this netcode problem.I die so many times from bullshit sniper kills that shoot through shipping containers,buildings.

It is driving me nuts.Does anyone think this will ever be fixed?

20. Gilgamesh
    December 12th, 2013 at 5:25 am

Same crap, different patch.

Ironically, I didn’t expect BF4 to work (past experience with BF3), so I wasn’t going to buy it. A relative did, so I tried it, and boy is it messed up!!

EA/DICE, I’d be ashamed.

The crashes, lag/rubberbanding issues render the game completely unplayable for me.

Never again, DICE, never again.

21. Michel
    December 16th, 2013 at 1:46 am

I was trying to play with my friends since bad company 2. Allways crashing.
    Now on win 8.1 64 , 4670 k , 8gb ram, 760 GTX it has nice fps , looks great, has a lot of potential but i see same kind of crashing you havent resolved in years. I am sorry i bought it , and i will ask for refund , but i allready heard that even your refund doesnt work……

I am not rude on purpose but , you see when you are earning millions on the shoulders of poor us the gamers, please at least make a game that works…

I will give it a few more days before asking refund 🙁

22. BF 3 premium buyer
    December 16th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

So glad i didn’t buy BF 4. I took a look at the beta and the collision models had a gazillion errors. This comes from a former BF 1942 modder. These errors come from outsourcing your work to india or china where they give a damn about acurracy. On Wake in bf 3. There is so many collision errors that comes from bad collision models that it is almost funny.

23. Milan
    December 29th, 2013 at 1:04 am

This is just shocking today is 12 29 2013 and the game still crashes for me on operation locker somtimes just when i aim it just freezes up and my whole computer Slows down completely so yea please fix this game or asking for refund

24. ankur
    January 13th, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Many crash problems are creates by bf 4…and its dll missing.. app crash….one solution us done then otherone is created…….bat i slove all the prblm……bcaz i like game very much….
    ce

25. bulbulay
    February 13th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Its such as you learn my mind! You seem to understand so much approximately this,
    such as you wrote the book in it or something. I believe that you can do with
    some percent to power the message home a bit, however instead of that, this
    is great blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.