New Battlefield 4 patch coming in January

Developer DICE will bring a new BF4 patch on multiple platforms later this month.

Battlefield 4 patch Jan 2014

DICE is slowly getting back into gear in the new year, and they’re hard at work on a new Battlefield 4 patch for PC and other platforms.

According to a recent status update from the new BF4 control center, the new Battlefield 4 patch is expected to be released later this month.

According to the post, the number one priority (still) is to resolve technical issues with the game, such as crashes, lag, and of course, the netcode.

The last Battlefield 4 patch was released back on December 20 on the PC — some three weeks ago. While that patch did fix several things, it also appears to have brought with it some netcode problems.

The last server update (R17) was three weeks ago, and DICE is planning a server update as well for this month. In addition to that, the game will get an update that supports the new AMD Mantle technology, which can improve performance up to 45% while running on the same graphics hardware.

DICE didn’t reveal any specific details as to what the new patch includes, only that the umber one priority is stabilization.

A few days ago, Battlefield 4 gameplay designer Alan Kertz revealed a list of Battlefield 4 gameplay tweaks they are looking into.

1. Morthawt
    January 10th, 2014 at 11:07 am

Oh yay

2. BF Player
    January 10th, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Stabilization is key- I had no problems before the December patch for PS3. Now the lag on my console is so bad that I don’t play.

3. Arariel
    January 10th, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Hopefully this patch will fix the crashes. It’s such bullshit how often and random these crashes still happen.

4. Maddogseamus
    January 10th, 2014 at 3:12 pm

/\What he said/\

January 10th, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Can you patch away all the sniper noobs (aka bush wookies) on rooftops?

• Larry
      January 10th, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I do fine patching them my self. Preferably with a knife kill but any kill will do.

• Larry?
        January 12th, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Really? Is this some sort of bad movie line contest where you say the lamest thing about an FPS?

• WOOT FTW
      January 10th, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Are ghillie suits back?

• loool
      January 15th, 2014 at 10:01 am

If youre annoyed and cant do anything bout those “noob” snipers, then you are the noob dude, haha

6. Cripix
    January 10th, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Ability to pick perimeter defense for Support on ps3. Emblems not showing. constant crashing when playing, specially on conquest. spawning without a gun. One hit kill. Spawning way too far from battlefield, or spawning right in front of an enemy. infinite loading screens. FIX ALL THAT BEFORE STARTING TWEAKING ANY OTHER THING.

• Lucky_Soul
      January 10th, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Ugh. I don’t understand how people can play Conquest mode in BF4. The maps are way too big for it. Only a max of 12 people on the other team is just not enough. I would only play it on Siege of Shanghai to be honest.

So how do you do it? I want to enjoy it. I played it a lot on BF3. I play on PS3, too.

• flamingfirewolf
        January 10th, 2014 at 10:24 pm

get a PS4 and play on a 64 man server not a 24 man server on PS3

• Lucky_Soul
          January 11th, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Yeah, I know that next-gen and PC has 32v32, which is why I had originally planned to get a PS4, but I don’t know if I want to get a PS4 or a PC now. I’ve always had consoles, so it would be fun to try a PC, but those exclusive games is always what has kept me with Sony. I guess I’ll pick up a PS4 mid February, early March… Hmm. Dark Souls 2 comes out in March… You know what guys? Thanks for the replies and all, but I’m just not gonna touch the conquest mode anymore and get a PS4 much later in the year.

• Jack
        January 11th, 2014 at 12:58 am

Buy it for next gen or pc, It’s 64 players instead of 24 🙂

• Llangollen
        January 11th, 2014 at 1:17 am

Just go where the action is join into a large squad and spawn on flags being attacked by enemy. Liking the new maps especially dragon pass they could do with sorting out the attack chopper tho feels like it ate way to much for Christmas, little bird is great tho.

• iTs Me mR bYRd
        January 11th, 2014 at 7:41 am

BCUZ on PC and NG there is 32 players on each team a 1 commander for each totaling 70 players overall. Time to toss the VCR and upgarade. Ive been playing BF for years to really get the most out knowing the map is key,try using your squad and playing together,try different game, 24 players is good for domination (on PC I play 32)

• What
          January 13th, 2014 at 4:34 pm

32+32+2=70 total? I thought the max was 64 and two commanders.

• Elliott
            January 14th, 2014 at 9:01 am

i did the math too..

• vince nukester
            February 2nd, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Thats 66

7. absofsteel
    January 11th, 2014 at 6:33 am

If they are aiming to “stabilize” the game, the most important things are netcode and awful performance on high-end rigs (crashes, stuttering, freezes). If they are to fix that in the upcoming patch, waiting for bugs and/or balance to be ironed out in the other patches should be easy to wait for…

• krokro
      January 12th, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Netcode will probably not be fixed in the upcoming patch, as the state is still on “investigatin”. They are not able to reproduce or identify it…

8. Llangollen
    January 11th, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Well Nothing wrong with 24 players on current gen along as your in a game of team players playing the objective (conquest).the maps have been scaled to size anyway. i like the bigger maps tho thought caspian and Karg were great maps on ps3 but never experienced pc battlefield so hard to know what i might be missing. Not getting many problems with crashing on ps3 played for a couple hours or so today and yesterday no worries.

9. Anynomous
    January 12th, 2014 at 11:05 am

Finally your making the effort to fix it hopefully this update helps me with the lag every time I join a server I’ll try to run I will just run in place and it’s not my internet it’s fine but hopefully this update will fix mine and everyone’s problems

10. Doc
    January 12th, 2014 at 11:10 am

no snipers putting beacons on top of buildings? theres a nice thought

• Dom123356738
      January 30th, 2014 at 3:28 am

They just need to make it to were if u take the enemies gun they can’t get it back till u die or do away with it.1234568

11. bf sucks
    January 12th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

This is why you play COD! Seriously you guys wasted your money. Get your arses into gear and get COD ghosts. ten times better than bf4. you cant even play in the game properly without dying from the most stupidest shit. waste of a game. IMO, Dice, when it comes to making games leave it to the experts of COD.

• you suck
      January 12th, 2014 at 6:07 pm

you’re the one that sucks! GTFO this webstie and go back to that crappy game of yours. And DIce does ten times better of a job that triarch or who ever the f**k make that game. Yeah the game may be crap now, but they are working hard on fixing it, besides it wasnt even their fault, it was EA.

• skullhumper
      January 13th, 2014 at 8:54 am

Stop Trolling bro go to a “COD” site and suck their dicks over there. BF4 has its issues but its getting worked out. BF4 is still a better game with the issues. Id rather play BF4 then Modern Warfare v4.7

12. MATRIX
    January 12th, 2014 at 8:24 pm

LoL a few problems and the cod fan boys come outta the cracks to try and recruit. I personally have little to no problems playing( xbox one) except occasionally being kicked back to dashboard which is annoying and bit lag at the beginning of a match but compared to what I hearing thats nothin.but serzly cod kid fuk off outta here back to ur shitty game which is released every year exactly the same with a dif name and skins!!

13. skullhumper
    January 13th, 2014 at 8:43 am

There are servers on PC that dont allow DRMs or snipers. Looks for =TrT= servers on battlelog for pc if you play on pc

14. Doc
    January 13th, 2014 at 9:22 am

im a battlefield die hard for life..i cant stand cod anymore..i love battlefield for what it is..im like the rest of you..im a little flustered that the game is in a not so great of state of the moment but our patience will be rewarded in time..we just have to pay our dues and ride out the storm..then everything will be alright

15. Niels
    January 13th, 2014 at 10:39 am

Please fix the campaign fails I’m losing my saved files over and over again on PS3. But the Battlelog still has my progress.

16. Doc
    January 13th, 2014 at 6:49 pm

your save data is corrupted..delete it ..that’s how I had to fix mine

17. Jeremy McCormick
    January 14th, 2014 at 8:27 am

There’s nothing going on for me with the xbox 360, there is for a lot of other users I just hope they put A-1 bots on the test range, and open all the guns so people could strive to unlock that certain gun,and for people who don’t want to test everything online but on the test range, it would be amazing if they put A-1 Bots.

18. Aj
    January 15th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Junk!! Went from 1 freeze up every 6 hours of gameplay(not simultaneous) to 1 freeze every 30 minutes. Amazing “fix” ladies and gentlemen. My gratitude is unfathomable! Really starting to feel like another consumed consumer. How much did you make from this game so far??

19. Hec
    January 16th, 2014 at 2:03 pm

New update, same shit. Im starting to think Dice just doesn’t give a rats ass about the older consoles anymore and now it’s all about Xbox one and PS4. I was eager to see if the update worked and behold, Dawnbreaker loads and about two minutes in, it does what Dawnbreaker does best and freezes. It’s one of my most favorite maps. Update 5 and still can’t fix it. This is just ridiculous already. COD sucks and BF4 just can’t get their s**t together. I’m done with FPS’s

• alex
      January 30th, 2014 at 2:11 am

I wouldn’t say that. I’m on the ps4 and the game is unplayable in the state its in. Form what I’ve read, and I could be wrong, most people seem to be having problems on the new gens, particularly the ps4 and maybe pc.

20. Willy Stix
    January 16th, 2014 at 7:02 pm

I am a support player. They have made some awsome changes the class and I am happy. With that said. When you release a sequel that means put away the last won cause here comes the next great thing. What a robbery. How could anyone involved with making this game say bf4 was ready. Its not it must have been crashing on the devs too. Lots of people worked very hard and they want to blame. The higherups that stood to make hand over fist money off of consumers are terrible. Ive never seen a console game freeze up like this. Its a distance. I wish it were some other franchise that bent its community over. I really do. But it was battlefield who did it. All those commercials bout battlefield moments. All the money spent on selling us its time to hang up bf3. Cause they gotta drop the game before call of duty before x box 1 so people by it twice. It really is a disgrace. We all work for a living. And we know the fat cats at the top only care about money and pulling stunts like this steps all over all the people that work for them. I know the devs worked hard and had a vision of a great game. The game release should have been delayed till they worked out their problems. When anything wrong in the world is taking place look to see who is benefiting and look no further. P.S. stop with all the in real life S. People sound so stupid

21. Willy Stix
    January 16th, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Looked how do you know all this s.

22. andrew
    January 26th, 2014 at 9:16 am

BF4 totally and utterly sucks on ps4 loads of lag and i mean loads!!! kill loads of guys but they still stay alive with zero per cent health.Knifing is terrible i’ve seen it go through a player so many times i cannot count.Random killed in action for no reason happens every game!!! invisible players jesus need i go on how do i get my money back from sony?Also seems to be plenty of americans with rapid fire function on the controller.Stuff this game i want a refund now you shower of losers!!!

23. Hec
    January 31st, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Maybe they should rename the game”beta’ field 4. This game is one giant chunk of incomplete sh**. Today another update was realeased (Jan 31st 2014) and still Dawnbreaker ( one of my favorite levels) freezes. I haven’t played that level since December. How many idiots does it take to fix this sh** already? I’m done with EA. And if I ever see DICE working with another company, I will make sure to stay clear of that chunk of sh**.