Battlefield 4 patch on PS3 and PS4 released

New PlayStation patches bring stability fixes.

Battlefield 4 PS4Yesterday, DICE released a brand new Battlefield 4 patch on the PC, and today it’s the PlayStation gamers’ turn. A brand new patch has been released on the PS3 and the new PS4, ready to download.

The new PlayStation patches focus mainly on stability yet again, and add some of the gameplay tweaks we’ve seen added to the PC version yesterday and last month.

Most importantly, as mentioned earlier the new Battlefield 4 patch on the PS3 and PS4 versions adds significant stability updates, bug fixes, and more. While PC gamers seem to have gotten most of the bugs and glitches when Battlefield 4 launched, the consoles weren’t spared.

Yesterday’s PC update also added some gameplay tweaks which are to be found in the new PlayStation update as well. DICE focused mainly on jets, where the stealth and attack jets were evened out in their performance.

DICE also released a new server patch yesterday, to make servers compatible with the new PC and PlayStation patches. The server update, called R18 (the 18th server update), also fixed some server crashing issues.

You can read the full patch log for the PS3 version here and for the PS4 version here.

1. Mman007
    January 14th, 2014 at 11:53 am

Will have to see if this works…maybe I can actually play the game now :0

2. marcel
    January 14th, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Still no Voip patches! Sound delay when talking to friends (2/3seconds) and echo. still crashes when it is “busy ” on my screen. Lag when levolution happens. Come on you call THIS an update.???

3. butters
    January 14th, 2014 at 2:09 pm

still having lag and netcode issues. not noticing any changes either!

4. What Patch?
    January 14th, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Those (ucking idiots.

Lag/Net Code problems are still there.

I have been doing dozens of Traceroute tests on dozens of BF4 Servers along the East Coast. Here is what I found:

Continuous RTT tests for hours on the hops that immediately precede the East Coast Servers in Dulles, Virginia, revealed that over time, TCP packet losses would rapidly grow from about 5% to 15-20% per hop.
    Latency times on these servers would explode. For the first 10 minutes, trip times would average between 30-60 ms, but would then swell to as much as 50-900ms!!
    (I am right now doing an RTT Test and I have found that 12 out of the 17 Hops along the route are averaging RTT figures of between 287-1,978 ms.)
    When I added the total Packet loss for all 17 hops along the Trip, I usually came up with a figure of 50% and often more…

DICE, you lazy POS, fix your failed game.

5. Ben
    January 14th, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Come on guys settle down, if your gonna just complain about the game then why play it. It’s probably the biggest and best online game ever so you gotta expect bugs and stuff. I am a big fan of the BF games and an grateful to dice for making such a masterpiece do how about showing some god damn well earned respect.

• Guest
      January 14th, 2014 at 10:10 pm

No. We paid money for a half baked game that should have never been released before 2014. If you have really become accustom to products full of bugs and are satisfied, then props to the marketing department of EA.

• Asgaro
      January 15th, 2014 at 5:23 am

You work for EA.

6. Alpha_Mongoose
    January 14th, 2014 at 5:35 pm

This POS game has only gotten worse with every patch for PC so I feel for you guys, but I hope it helps you.

7. Pedro
    January 14th, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I think the game is way more stable on PS3 than it was a month ago, but now i’ve been losing gunfights to anemies that are getting away with 0% health…..either he shoould be dead or still have some health left…….
    other than that is getting better…..

• carl
      January 30th, 2014 at 12:14 pm

same problem…even my fiancé notices it when I lose a gunfight she comments on how the other guy has 0% health…also the sound is now botched completely it just keeps randomly playing the “end of the match” music and sporadically inserting sounding effects then complete silence….smh I haven’t played a decent EA title in YEARS

8. Vipassin
    January 15th, 2014 at 7:58 am

Ok I love BF and i will do till the day I die as i know that eventually the game will be fixed (when? who knows lol…) and when it works it will be the BEST GAME EVER!!!! (wow i get excited about that day) However, you can still have a playable laugh with your mates and make a funny u-tube video. – Check out ChaBoyyHD or SgtRedPhoenix.
    My thoughts on the patch release are not positive and I had some shocking game play last night with terrible lag issues, server crashes and some very dodgy deaths which would contradict every law of physics. oh and not forgetting the people killing my squad and I on zreo health. However I will endeavour to spend a few more hours tonight looking beyond to issues and getting down to some good old fashion PTO!!
    Keep smiling folks…things can only get better right 😉 but then I’m an optimist lmao…
    Be safe
    Vip out

• What Patch?
      January 15th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Things can only get better….. before they get worse.

9. Abel Juarez
    January 16th, 2014 at 1:28 am

I dont know if anything changed! When playing multiplayer i like to look around
    To admire the beatiful graphics but after the ssupposed updte my graphics look horrible it looks like im playing on xbox 360. I dont know if is just me or idont know but it looks horrible now

10. Roman
    January 21st, 2014 at 7:22 am

What a Waste of money and time, So disappointed

11. chris
    February 15th, 2014 at 6:07 am

I’m not sure if the problems I’m having is due to the new update as the same is happening on campaine mode i will choose to play multiplayer team deathmatch all starts ok I get my first kill but when I redeploy my gun will empty its full magazine reload its self and again till I have no bullets or if I jump it will let a single round out same if I throw a grenade I throw and you can see his arm frozen without the grenade being released lol but if I jump it releases somthings going on and I don’t know how to sort it does anyone have this problem or could it b my ps4 itself

12. GameKILLER
    February 25th, 2014 at 10:21 am

I can’t download it D: please i need help…
    If i start the download it say after 200 MB ” error”

13. Kyle Hodgins
    March 25th, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Ya unfortunately for myself i have experienced the game crashing my console after 10 minutes of online play and blah blah blah, recent update around the size of 634 MB’s seems to have fixed the issue, But now my PS3 wont stop Downloading the same patch every single time i start my game.

All in all not Exactly Impressed with the way the game servers and game are being managed, Hell Rust on Steam during it’s first month had no where near as many issues as this game has for almost a year now.