BF4 producer trolls fans, hasn’t played the game since November

Battlefield 4 producer Daniel Matros says he hasn't played the game since November and wants to know how things are...

Battlefield 4 Daniel MatrosThere are a lot of things that aren’t perfect with Battlefield 4, and we’ll forgive a lot of those things — especially since the developer is working hard to fix all the issues.

But something that’s hard to forgive is when the developer has complete disrespect for the players, and even worse, when they troll players.

DICE’s Daniel Matros, who used to be the BF3 Community Manager but was promoted to producer for Battlefield 4, recently tweeted that he hasn’t played the game since November, and asked gamers “what’s it like?”. Well, it’s pretty shitty, thanks for asking.

This isn’t the first time Matros has been trolling fans on Twitter. He did post another tweet saying that he was “genuinely sorry” for his previous tweet, but someone in his position should have known better. He should know that horrible status of the game and just how unprofessional he comes across.

This crap is the last thing EA and DICE need for Battlefield 4. They’ve already lost the respect of many gamers, and if there was a way of making things worse, they just found it.

TAGS:

1. Joshua Reguin
    January 3rd, 2014 at 11:23 am

Battlefield 4 is nowhere near as bad as people say it is. Talk about feeling entitled. Games are never 100% perfect. I’ve had issues, but come on “lost respect”? Give me a break

• Anonymous
      January 3rd, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Yeah, they think they will get something out of hating the game till perfection is achieved.

• Cheify
      January 3rd, 2014 at 4:16 pm

It’s very good for you not to have issues but many of us have it in an unplayable state.

When some payed over $100 for a game and it hardly works theb they are indeed entitled to a finished product.

I hate the way people moan about entitled gamers… Most if the time it’s moaning about genuine concerns that need to be addressed

• yams in a can
      January 3rd, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Oh, just because I’m not having these bad experiences, I can speak for everyone when I say that I have not been experiencing problems.

The game was released as a broken game. You are the reason games are starting to be released like shit products. Yes, they may not be released as perfect products, but at least games like Bad Company 2 didn’t have glitches like SLI flickering, regular crashing, rank resets, and one hit kill bugs.

As long as we have fanboys who try to play down the issues of a broken game, we will keep getting these broken games. You are basically telling EA that it was OKAY for them to release the game in the state it is in.

The game plays like a BETA, and it’s utter trash. I’d get COD over this game because at least COD won’t crash on my PC regularly.

• Ghost
        January 7th, 2014 at 5:54 pm

They added graphic flickering, “reload” text glitch, hit registry glitches when you kill someone and see the points pop up but don’t actually go to the scoreboard along with a few other issues in BFBC2 . Probably to entice players to go buy BF3 that they have advertised all over in game.

• Donna
        January 8th, 2014 at 10:14 am

Well put Yams in a can!!

• Munish
      January 5th, 2014 at 9:36 pm

He does not deserve being either Producer, neither Community Manager. I would hardly allow him to wash dishes at DICE offices.

• JdayPilot
        January 6th, 2014 at 6:16 pm

agreed

• Smock Dobie
      January 6th, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Do you even know what entitled means?

• 11forlan
      January 7th, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I don’t really understand why someone would post this other than being a fan boy. I’m happy that you are not having problems with the game, but letting the internet know this is not going to get the game fixed any faster.

I think that EA releases there games in such of a state for a reason, and 100% of the time it is about money. There’s a chance that this BF4 issue goes deeper than just trying to get larger profit.
      Its been clear now that executives at EA sold off 5 million in there stock the day before BF4 was released, and many people assume that it was because they knew about the poor quality of the game before the public did.
      However, there’s a small chance that EA executives saw a lot of potential for the next generation of gaming, and would wait until the 3 lawsuits clear up, and they would reinvest the 5 million back into the company which currently at 23 $ per share (when they sold it was at 28).

This would raise their number of shares in the company by 18%, and with a plethora of next gen lineups like battlefront and mirrors edge 2 it would look like a promising investment.

Shady business practices like this have been occurring since the Napoleonic era when Nathaniel Rothschild lied to British investors about who won the Battle of Waterloo, and then made a killing when the stocks dropped.

• For2went
      January 10th, 2014 at 11:55 am

I’m sorry but If I pay full price for a product I expect to get a full product…

Also if you really do think it’s nowhere near as bad as people say you should watch this video and see if you feel the same way after.. And if you truly aren’t an ignorant person you won’t feel the same way..

• Jaime Hudson
      January 23rd, 2014 at 7:42 am

Are you kidding me? In the gameplay trailers I saw they made it appear that you could play with your friends. You can’t unless you’re willing to spend 15-30 minutes in queue just trying to get on the same team. Second the players mechanics are garbage. I can’t tell you how many times my soldier has gotten stuck in a glitch spot just trying to jump over a wall. Hit detection varies from game to game and lag in conquest has vehicles and players dragging back every 15 seconds. I use comcast hooked straight to the modem no router so my connection is not the problem. We all paid the full game price and I was dumb enough to pay another $50 for premium. With the garbage this game has in it I think we all deserve a refund and dice/ea should have more concern with making their player base happy rather than their pocket books fatter while giving all their customers the finger. This is not a sense of entitlement but a valid argument. We paid good money under the premise that they put out a good game. They did not.

• Hotsync
      February 17th, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Yeah… damn those guys who paid money and expected to get what they paid for. What kind of consumer expects to get what is advertised. Shame on all those sorry sobs who expected to have a working product. It should be known that when you pay money for something, it shouldn’t have any expectations or requirements around it. If its working or not, its not the developers problem, its the consumers fault.

And if you believe that, you can go ahead and reinsert your head back in your ass. The fact that we are buying these products and having them not work as an expectation is potato. I mean look at the launch for ps4 and xbox 360, forget pc for the moment. They couldn’t even get the damn thing to run correctly on a platform with controlled hardware configurations. Now apply that same failure to PC’s and it amplifies 100 fold.

You say lower expectations, I say screw that, my expectations are rational and logical. It should work.

2. JohnGreasyGamer
    January 3rd, 2014 at 11:24 am

I really hate these kinds of sarcastic and ‘trollish’ remarks game designers give out. Being on a social networking site might mean that you can say whatever you feel like (as long as it goes with the site’s rules), but as a Producer and former Community Manager of BF3, this kind of behaviour looks unprofessional and shows they’ve no clue whatsoever about the current state of their game. Yes, I am quite irritated and perhaps I have been trolled, but the joke’s on him because it’s just grinding down the reputation of the companies who are trying somewhat to make the game playable.

The soon-retiring lead designer of World of Warcraft, Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street makes loads of these kinds of posts on Twitter in response to players, but considering the questions he gets asked it’s no surprise. I still think someone of his ‘rank’ should be a bit more respectful, and the word ‘trolling’ should not be in his Twitter vocabulary.

• Camps
      January 3rd, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Greg is funny. People just fight with him because he plays a Mage and everybody assumes that’s why Blizzard never nerfs Mages (worst lvl 90 spell though).

People troll Greg, so he’s having fun with it. I don’t think Blizzard cares either since well…it’s Blizzard and they make loads of money.

I haven’t played BF4 yet, just the Beta so I can’t say. When/If I do buy BF, it’ll be for PS4…which i why I haven’t bought the game yet. It was dumb of that guy to “troll” BF players, especially all the BS EA has been putting out. I know DICE is trying their hardest, but all the blame has to go towards EA on the release of BF.

• David
        January 7th, 2014 at 12:55 pm

I should say right off the bat that I don’t play WoW now and I only played a little with friends over 6-7 years ago.

Nevertheless, I do follow gaming sites and some MMO sites and of the comments I’ve seen on Greg’s departure most if not almost all of them have been strongly positive that he’s out the door.

I think he certainly wants to portray himself battling trolls, but from what I’ve seen a large segment of mainstream WoW players are unhappy with him and are glad to see him go. Most people also seem to think he had way more power over decisions than he probably had. But that doesn’t detract from the fact that he comes across as a bit of a douche, and reading his Twitter feed before making this comment confirms as much. Maybe you identify with those kinds of people 😉

• JC86
        January 7th, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Street told everyone at Blizzcon the he plays a Disc Preist.

Although I don’t have any issues with BF4 myself, I can understand that its broken for ALOT of gamers. After all this time and talk, you would think they would have sorted it out.

3. mohammad
    January 3rd, 2014 at 12:34 pm

what the heck is this ?! another bad joke ?! guess bad thing started falling faster than before . you know people…. sometimes i wish those game developers leave ea company so ea get very poor & feel sad & think everytime that they could make things better .

4. Legitninja
    January 3rd, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Well it is his personal twitter account, His thoughts are his own and don’t reflect DICE as a whole. He was just knocking some fun so you guys need to calm down.

Stop getting angry at every little thing. It’s not cool.

• Denkigrve
      January 3rd, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Correction. At ANY big company the first thing they tell you is that sure your personal twitter/blog/FB account is yours, but what you say about the products you work on can and will be interpreted as the word of the company, so don’t do it. Being in the key role for the product that he’s in, this is ludicrous for him to even say something like that. He’s basically admitting that he has no clue about the problems BF is facing? Really? He basically just told his management team he’s not doing his job.

• Arariel
      January 3rd, 2014 at 4:41 pm

He knew what he was doing. He knew people followed him ONLY for BF4, and he took advantage of that. Doesn’t matter if it was his personal account. He is still someone in power, he should know better.

5. Legitninja
    January 3rd, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Not to mention he was on vacation. Daniel does have a personal life that doesn’t always revolve around Battlefield 4. Gamers need to learn to respect others.

• Denkigrve
      January 3rd, 2014 at 2:59 pm

And he needs to learn to respect his customers. Your comment is foolish. Why are you defending him so much? Are you related to him? Do you not have any clue on how things work when you’re a prominent figure at a multi-million dollar company? Comments like this are what are referred to as “career limiters” at big companies. He’s signing the end of his own career growth with comments like that.

6. Snow
    January 3rd, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Fun thing is that he probably genuinly wanted to spark the feeling that things HAVE changed for the better since november. And they have 😛

7. Doc
    January 3rd, 2014 at 4:13 pm

well still..somethings are best left unsaid

8. Lucky_Soul
    January 3rd, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Well whoever says “F**k DICE” is blaming the wrong people. EA is to blame. They just wanted to beat Ghosts a week early and it severely backfired in the long run. EA forced DICE to skip the testing phases. I mean come on, no way that most of these glitches wouldn’t have been found if they actually got to test everything in the game. People at DICE play this game too, so it wouldn’t make since for them to release an unfinished product in the first place. EA just wants the money, and they got it. I’m sure that most people at DICE are against what EA did/is doing, but EA owns them…

• Tyrane
      January 3rd, 2014 at 10:02 pm

How do you know EA pushed DICE in any way or skipped the testing phases. DICE wouldn’t say this because EA owns them and EA certainly wouldn’t say it. This is a rumor that started with unhappy customers since the game came out. DICE is just as much to blame for the condition of the game as EA. Stop spreading this rediculous rumor.

• urdumb
        January 4th, 2014 at 10:45 am

Dice has came out and said ea push the game. So dont go acting like a asshole.

• ?
        January 4th, 2014 at 12:38 pm

So your saying the developer would put that kind of game out there? Not likely EA is the top dog for DICE. And if DICE left the wouldn’t be funded enough to make new games. EA is to blame for, why would DICE who have put probably thousands of hours into making this game release it in this state? Of course they wouldn’t but if the complained to EA the might get dropped. Dice is stuck in this situation until somebody else buys them or the gain enough funds to go independent,but neither likely at this point.

• Lucky_Soul
          January 4th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Thank you two. This is exactly what I was saying.

9. Camtron
    January 3rd, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I think that’s pretty funny. Maybe he shouldn’t be making jokes like that on a professional level. But, he’s the only one that can make that joke and have it be so perfect.

January 4th, 2014 at 3:57 am

The game no longer crashes but still suffers from poor netcode and hit detection issues. Too many snipers on every server make it almost unplayable for me now.

11. joggs
    January 4th, 2014 at 5:36 am

The poor pc users having trouble should learn how to handle a pc. As they probably cannot learn, they should buy a console.

• Bobo
      February 19th, 2014 at 10:03 am

Really? You didn’t think that sentence through.

Maybe you should have a little read up of the problems the console players are having with this game.

12. cicle11
    January 4th, 2014 at 6:41 am

Shut up saying dice/ea is the worse company in the world and that sort of stuff, he probably is saying the true that he is on vacation and he didn’t hear anything about it since than, if you don’t like the game than don’t play it. He is not trolling or something, why would he do that? He is a good person he does charity streams and stuff be happy he is here don’t blame him for a game that has plenty of buggs, he isn’t the boss of ea he can’t do anything about it so just shut up and play the game or don’t say anything at all. He has a live beside BF you know.

13. brian
    January 4th, 2014 at 8:14 am

All I can say is that its very frustrating when you got some guns unlocked and then the next game u start from scratch….live the battlefield titles but just very annoying and also for campaign always resets I hope they fix it soon

14. Doc
    January 4th, 2014 at 5:43 pm

if your data keeps resetting try deleting your save data..its more than likely corrupted that’s how I had to fix mine..and I personally miss the pdw’s for all classes..i don’t mind the dmrs but I feel like a douche when I used to use them..and during some matches I would be running around just to randomly have my body thrown and die for no reason.. and plus the one hit kill glitch is still out there

15. Jack
    January 5th, 2014 at 8:21 am

I think the game isnt that bad on PS4! I HAVE CRASHED ONCE and Im level 54!!! Sure there is lag so you have to play on a server near you but thats not too bad! Come on guys stop moaning give DICE a chance!

16. Tha -=KinGuiN=-
    January 5th, 2014 at 9:27 am

It’s like Obama saying on his personal account; “So, this healthcare and economy thingie, anything important I should read into???”

17. Smock Dobie
    January 5th, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Anyone who has dealt with Matros before knows he is a complete douchebag/passive-aggressive little bitch. As a community manager, he was arrogant and irresponsible with his words. This unfortunate tweet is not surprising.

18. zhinto basher
    January 7th, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Many forum posts in battlelog right now are wanting his blood , all my freinds and pro gamers know this jackkass zhinto aka daniel matross to be the most arrogant asshole in all gaming.

if eagames dont fire him soon then war is going to be declared and this on top of the no game updates since 20th december and no word from any dice dev apologizing for his comment to us.

off with his head !!!!!!!!!!!

19. Jack
    January 8th, 2014 at 8:13 am

I wasted my money on this game. It lags like hell on my computer. Hardly any crashes but the slow performance and lag makes me wanna puke, even on graphic settings set to LOW and 1280×720 resolution!
    This Frostbite 3 engine sucks @ss.

20. endlesskills
    January 18th, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I too haven’t played since game was launched… I just decided to try it today.. same shit.. can’t load the game, can’t even play in Campaign mode. Either that Blue bar at the bottom Initializes for hours w/o hope of ever launching… or when you try Multi-Player you get a communication error that it can not connect BF4 and that you need to close from the Task Manager. I paid $60+tax for a game that I was only able to get 2 hours out of… So please don’t say that we’re entitled… perhaps people that state that ‘entitlement’ should go buy something and not get anything back and accept it. I bought the DVD version… which to me is bloody stupid.. cuz it only takes 3 hours to install and 2 hours of play for it to break… maybe i’ll wait until June maybe this game will fix itself… sigh so disappointed!

21. zeth
    February 18th, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Seems good to me. I mean at-least they are trying not like call of duty. Call of duty has been using the same engine since modern 2

22. Bobo
    February 19th, 2014 at 10:45 am

There’s something about BF4, it feels dull and boring.

Anyone saying it’s all ea’s fault this games a bucket of bolt isn’t looking at the bigger picture, it’s almost 5 months after release and it’s still a poorly “finished” game. dice claim that they fix bugs when in fact they don’t, dice said they would stop doing dlc until the core game is fixed, they didn’t, ea/dice the same bunch of lairs. Best place for this game in its current state is in the bin.