New Battlefield 4 patch coming next week

Developer DICE announced another patch, coming late January or early February.

Battlefield 4 patch

DICE has just announced that they are working on a new Battlefield 4 patch which should be released late January or early February, which puts the release date likely sometime during next week.

According to a post on Battlelog, the new Battlefield 4 patch will include the usual bundle of fixes and stability improvements, while it appears that any serious gameplay tweaks have been pushed to a later date. DICE said that they will release a specific list of changes once the patch goes live.

The developer is now also seeking feedback for gameplay changes, where players can give their feedback to certain changes by voting here.

In the upcoming weeks, Battlefield 4 will get several gameplay tweaks, which will affect DMRs, mobile AAs, and more. DICE says that gameplay tweaks will be added in patches in February. The upcoming Battlefield 4 patch next week will focus mostly on bug fixing and stability improvements.

The last two Battlefield 4 updates did not fare well on the PC and other platforms, as they both brought with them new bugs and issues, mostly related to the netcode. Hopefully the patch next week will be more polished.

1. bf master
    January 27th, 2014 at 9:15 am

Next patch will bring another bug where players will be wearing bikinis in the kill cam. You can bet on it.

• ElPhoenix
      January 28th, 2014 at 2:49 pm

The bet should be on whether they are still alive with 0 health or -1 health. I am betting on the -1 health since this would be in line with their progression for F-Tarded miscues.

2. Cavin
    January 27th, 2014 at 10:21 am

I have lag sometimes but it’s not that bad for me and I play on ps3 and pc. I see other people saying they have massive lag issuse and they crash every time they play. I have never crashed and I don’t think it’s just me. I think it’s other people ethier trying to push their crappy pcs to their limits or they just like to hate on DICE.

• Bob
      January 27th, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I dont know your PC. But mine is:
      i5 2500k @4.5
      AMD 7970 Lightining BE 1150/1600 daily
      16gb RAM Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
      120Gb Samsung 830 SSD
      Win 8.1 Pro x64

That said my config is HighEnd and i keep haiving problems logging in, crashing etc…

So just try not to push too much your luck talking too much and saying crap…

• Cavin
        January 29th, 2014 at 7:21 am

That’s not high end pc thats barely a gaming pc
        My pc specs:
        AMD FX-8350 eight cores at 4.1ghz
        THREE, ya count em 1. 2. 3 AMD HD Readeon 7870
        16GB RAM
        1TB WD hard drive
        500GB SSD with win7 home premium 64bit on it

• krokro
      January 27th, 2014 at 3:35 pm
      • BL
        January 27th, 2014 at 4:26 pm

a i5 2500k and 7970 isn’t high end, 3 years ago it was barely above average. i7 4770k @ 4.8 – 24Gb ram – 2 GTX 780 Tis – 30 inch 2560 x 1600 display – 512 GB SSD is high end and that would be my setup.

• ViKrieg
          January 27th, 2014 at 9:16 pm

>2014
          >Not running a smooth 70FPS on a 4K monitor

Get on my level, pleb.

• anurag
          January 28th, 2014 at 6:05 am

yeah! and play with 200fps!!

3. Jeev
    January 27th, 2014 at 11:42 am

I have a dumb punkbuster bug where I get kicked on every second round (for zero minutes) for a ‘restricted driver’. If I rejoin then it doesn’t have an issue.

The additional problem is the cannot join server bug which makes this extra frustrating. There is nothing on my system but standard drivers (all WHQL). This only started happening after the last server patch.

A quick look at the forum on battlelog makes it clear that this is a pretty wide spread issue as well.

• flamingfirewolf
      January 28th, 2014 at 1:13 am

i get this issue too!

this is the message that i get….

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player ‘FLAMINGFIREW0LF’ (for 0 minutes) … RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

i googled it and i just found out that it is a random glitch that gets you kicked because you are using a program that it does not like where in my case it is TS 3.0 that it does not like and so i just stay off it and i’m all good.

4. mohammad
    January 27th, 2014 at 11:54 am

can’t imagine how things will be after this patch oh & nice bribery you did EA i hope you choke on it .

5. Vimpe
    January 27th, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Sadly the voting website is not working for me at the moment :S

January 27th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Too many snipers on every server I play on now makes it unplayable to me. Waiting for a better game like GTA 5 or The Division for PC.

• skullhumper
      January 28th, 2014 at 8:56 am

i Know what you mean. EA should limit how many snipers can play in game. It is absurd to spawn then die by these sniping fags constantly. I die more from these assholes more then i die from assault class players!? And the big maps shiiiittt turns into a reality show gamers top snipers. WTF stop sniping!!!!!!!

7. asdf
    January 27th, 2014 at 7:53 pm

they should fix the damn 0 health glitch. That’s been happening a lot lately. That’s all I really care about.

8. Arithon
    January 28th, 2014 at 12:59 am

I’ll be happy with a patch that means I can play for a full hour without the game crashing to desktop and taking DirectX with it, requiring a reboot.

9. Spud
    January 28th, 2014 at 1:23 am

Just finished a game. Unloaded three shotgun blasts at about 10ft range into a guys back and head, he then turns and 1 shots me with a pea shooter pistol. Yay Dice.

10. Rich
    January 28th, 2014 at 5:56 am

I hardly ever even play anymore. Im tired of shooting people and watching them stay up, the worse the game plays the less others team play. Its become basically a camp/hack fiasco.

I honestly believe more players are hacking cause the game is such a POS they really dont care if they get booted. I feel that way myself but I would never give anyone my money to buy a hack for a silly computer game.

EA is a dishonest company and they totally screwed the pooch on the BF series.

11. :(
    January 28th, 2014 at 7:58 am

Played yesterday for 30 mins as Commander on Obliteration.
    Game crashed twice.

12. :)
    January 28th, 2014 at 8:00 am

I then created a Voodoo Doll of EA and viciously stabbed it with my steak knife.

• ElPhoenix
      January 28th, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Works better with a game replica machette

13. fubar
    January 28th, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Put the previous patch back, that worked better than this shite

• ElPhoenix
      January 28th, 2014 at 2:51 pm

No, we must move forward not back. Look for the -1 health kill video, soon to be at your local PC screen. No Passes for this event. Everybody pays to be EPHED by EA

14. Tn0rr1s
    January 28th, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Lol ^

15. ElPhoenix
    January 28th, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Look man, everything that’s being written here has been already fixed. Look at at every single posting by Dice and EA regarding the patch notes. Its all been fixed. I believe them because they say its so. If you will just keep reading those words over and over you too will come to believe. There is no mind conditioning going on here, EA/DICE is wonderful, we are the screwed up ones.

Do you believe me? ;<)

16. Dead E Ruxpin
    February 5th, 2014 at 12:50 am

After the patch,my save game was working fine.So much so that I was finally able to finish the campaign.I have unlocked all but seven cheevos relating to the endings and scoring for the last two levels.I was planning on playing through restarting at the last 2 levels.Now suddenly my save is gone again.I don’t want to have to start from the beginning when I could have just restarted by chapter select.I have earned what I needed to that point,now I am asking you guys to find my save and cloud it back up or send me info on how to get a refund for my day one purchase and premium purchase.The way that EA closes down servors and not fix unlockable cheevos like on NFS:Carbon’s Urban Battle achievement.Nevermind…I knew you guys were a terrible company and I stayed buying your quality bullcrap like a sucker for love.I’m offically done.I will eat this loss.