New Battlefield 4 patch for PC and consoles released

DICE has rolled out a brand new BF4 patch on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Battlefield 4 PC patch

As expected, DICE has released a brand new Battlefield 4 patch on PC and consoles, fixing a number of issues, adding some weapon tweaks, and finally, PC gamers get the new AMD Mantle update. The patch is available on all platforms: PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Owners of newer AMD graphics cards should be able to get a much better performance from Battlefield 4 with this update, but the new patch also includes performance tweaks and improvements for all other PC players as well.

The new patch improves on multi-core CPU performance, and on GPU performance as well (both Nvidia and AMD). The patch also includes a few minor crash fixes (every Battlefield 4 patch seems to include some crash fixes).

As mentioned earlier, DICE has rolled out some of their weapon tweaks as well. DMRs, such as the RFB, M39, and MK11 Mod 0, now deal more damage and have a longer range. This remains the only gameplay tweak in the patch, but DICE are working on other vehicle and weapon tweaks for upcoming patches.

The new patch also reduces the “black screen” that appears when spawning, and fixes for the MAV and SOFLAM exploit.

The Battlefield 4 patch on PC weights in at 1.2 GB, and can be downloaded now. The console versions should be available to download as well, if not, they will be rolled out later today.

1. Tn0rr1s
    January 30th, 2014 at 9:44 am

Always look forward to this kinda news…new patches! About to download. With fingers crossed that is ha.

• ViKreig
      January 30th, 2014 at 10:30 am

Amen to that! I can’t wait till the net code is at least on par with Battlefield 3’s someday!

• Angry Chicken
        January 31st, 2014 at 7:01 am

Yaaayy another patch without a netcode fix. So it is useless. And they still havent fixed the ADS fov . They have their focus on the wrong things

• Joey
          January 31st, 2014 at 2:08 pm

True, their focus is totally not on the foundation of this game which is totally broken… the damn netcodes are so bad and yet they’re concerned with changing gun damage… they need to get their priorities straightened out so we can all enjoy this game. It’s got such great potential and yet the ones who created it seem to care the least about it. I mean I can’t help but reference Hunter S. Thompson in saying “if something’s worth doing it’s worth doing right.”

• CaptTookEmOut
      February 1st, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Me too man….I’m surprised not a lot of people mention that annoying “pull out your knife during close combat while shooting in rapid fire” ….I know for sure it’s a bug and it’s very annoying

2. Martin
    January 30th, 2014 at 11:37 am

Now the game has sound issues. The game will have the ending song while the map is loading and then there is little to no sound in game besides the ending song every five minutes. Besides that the addition of second assault weapon battlepacks and new camos are very nice

• Scotty
      January 30th, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Yes PS3 same as you explain it. In game battle sound is replaced with end game tune on repeat and will not go away, restarted game and thought maybe wait till end game to see if it fixes itself.. it must be random cause I dont think everyone killing me are deaf too. But game plays smoother, damn this cake.

• Hulldaz
      January 31st, 2014 at 6:18 am

I have the same issues ! Annoying background music but no other in game sound affects ?

• Phil
      January 31st, 2014 at 8:38 am

Same here. I can’t hear gunfire, vehicles, and footsteps. DICE is doing a great job!

• Bret
      January 31st, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I’m also having the same problem

• luke
        January 31st, 2014 at 4:33 pm

me tooooooooo

• Joe
          February 2nd, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Im having this problem too, no gun sounds or anything. It almost makes it unbearable to play multi with zero game sounds.

3. Martin
    January 30th, 2014 at 11:39 am

I am speaking of the xbox one version by the way

• ShawnDobie
      January 30th, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I got the same thing on PS4. Extremely annoying. I’d say 2 out of 10 servers I could hear something. Sucks when those servers had people out to just kill their own team too.

4. Dominic
    January 30th, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Since the patch this morning it is almost impossible for me to play, Major lag issues, getting stuck everywhere in the middle of nowhere… i aim for a guy and when i shoot he has gone 50 feets in a blink and already shot me… don’t worry, i checked my internet speed connection and it’s fine…

• Doodmoe
      January 30th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Same here lag packet loss

• Link
      January 31st, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Same here Major lag issues, ping going up to 999 alot all of this started happening after the patch. I did not download the Beta AMD driver. Ping and speed connections are fine.

5. Ewoklive
    January 30th, 2014 at 1:16 pm

This is the worst patch yet. Crashed within 30 seconds of first launch. There is a major sound problem now where there is NO sound but only end round music in game every now and then. Direct X errors are back for PC and major rubber banding worse than before. I’ve had enough weeks ago. Mark my words. This game is doomed and will not be fixed. They should scrap it just like they did on MOHW as it ran on the same engine and Danger close Devs came to DICE. What an epic failure in epic proportions. EA Executives who sold their shares on the anticipation of a major successful release made millions and they NEW the game was broken/unfinished. They should rot the whole lot of them.

6. Ewoklive
    January 30th, 2014 at 1:17 pm

*KNEW

7. butters
    January 30th, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I have no idea what is in these updates because nothing has changed

8. andrew
    January 30th, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Guys check out this hacker on bf4 ps4 he is called tebar and belongs to a team called HFR he shot me through several walls twice please somebody tell me how to report him.

• Michael
      January 31st, 2014 at 3:15 am

Nuts i came across the same guy with the same thing happening!He is not the only one there are plenty they can pay for online hacks and if they get caught these guys even have insurance and get a new key from the website they subscribe to.So it’s a bit of a waste of time reporting them.There are also plenty using rapid fire controllers knife hacks etc.The only way to stop them is the threat of a stiff prison sentence for hacking software they do not own.I don’t know why they don’t implement a law making it a crime.The money to be made from fines cheap prison labour is massive.

• Yura Homoh
        February 2nd, 2014 at 4:55 pm

lol.. .no… it costs [much] more to maintain a prisoner than what he/she returns to the society…. and that not even considering the medical care expenses.

• Geronimo Bosch
          February 3rd, 2014 at 6:21 am

This guy is right in America anyway.They imprison more people for profit than any other nation on the earth do some research there is huge money to be made in prison’s if done correctly.The americans have the art mastered down to a T.

9. duke9192
    January 30th, 2014 at 3:43 pm

took a 20 min break from playing Insurgency, to try out the bf4 patch. joined a server, thought wow the game seems smoother, and just more responsive. 10 mins in , crash, battlefield 4 has stopped working. Joined another server, game running great, 10 or so mins in, battlefield 4 stopped working. this is new with this patch. Before the patch, i had a hard time joining servers, i would get error messages, till finally it would join. I am almost certain, that dice cannot fix this game. it’s so disappointing. I mean , each patch i try to be optimistic, but it’s been ridiculous for too long. On release , the game was playable for me, i had some stuttering , but could bare with it. Now the game has gradually become so frustrating with 0 health bug, battlefield has stopped working, cannot join server, cannot communicate with bf4, please end bf4 with task manager. Shoulda learned my lessson with mohw. I purchased Insurgency as a protest against ea/dice, and i like it. maybe i’ll try bf4 in a couple more patch cycles.

• duke9192
      January 30th, 2014 at 7:13 pm

I would like to follow up, and edit my post. after deciding to give bf4 one more try this evening, i must say i have to change my opinion, Although it took me several attempts to join a server, once in, the game actually does run alot better, no stuttering, frames are far bettter, and the whole game is smooth. There are several other much needed fixes, such as the triangle above a player has been changed to better reflect their distance from your position. Maybe they can fix this game, once they fix the connecting…. issues, i’ll be satisfied

10. elliott
    January 30th, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Just downloaded the update. Played 18 minutes and the game crashes with the same old error code. When will this be sorted??????????

11. royal
    January 30th, 2014 at 4:55 pm

First 2 games after the update were just amazing but then guess what happened ^0^ noooo sound at all -__- what is up with this you need an update to fix this update

12. John Dough
    January 30th, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Wtf!!! I have major sound issues with this BS update….(xbox one)

13. mike
    January 30th, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Also having xbox1 issues. Joining game is fine when i get in all i hear is the damn main screen audio playing. Hardly any live game audio at all. please fix ASAP

14. premiumfalcon
    January 30th, 2014 at 5:53 pm

The 14.1 catalyst driver is required to switch the API. The 14.1 is not out and or taken down. Great work. I was really excited to play BF4 as a finished game .

15. Tyrane
    January 30th, 2014 at 6:10 pm

nooooo I can’t MAV ride anymore?

16. Tt
    January 30th, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Game works amazing with new update. Smoother. I noticed a small texture update. It feels like its more team based with the commands button. (PS4) sucks 4 those whos isnt going well. Thnx dice

17. Green Rey
    January 30th, 2014 at 7:01 pm

This is just pathetic. There’s no audio when I enter games. This is certainly a bug and not my tv because everything else like beeps are still present. C’mon dice, fix this quick or you’re going to loose a customer, even worse…customerS. Can’t believe a patch has to be made to fix a patch.

18. Babel_One
    January 30th, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Spawning into the gunner seat of a tank or APC = crash to desktop.

• kiwi
      February 1st, 2014 at 3:11 am

same here… every time… since the last patch… wtf

19. mrz3r0
    January 30th, 2014 at 7:09 pm

can they ever get this shit together….every patch gets wrose and now no sound! im on ps3 and i was just getting into the game. i wanna return it now.

January 30th, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Got the end of round music looping thru the whole round now. Thanks Dice. Will come back and play at a future date when these issues are all fixed. Maybe…

21. 59CommandoLee
    January 30th, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Game does seem smoother but now I too have sound issues that i never had before!!!
    No in game sound just the end game music every few minutes.
    For god sake EA, sort it out!!!!!!!!

22. MikeeD
    January 30th, 2014 at 8:08 pm

(PS4) I had a couple of games on Conquest Large to see if the lag & hit-markers were ok. It was pretty decent but I still saw the 0% health death bug.
    BF4 has been a nightmare to me and since then I’ve always backed off when playing, I kept dying with 1-2 shots so I never trusted the game, my stats were terrible…
    I gota say it played well, a few hit-markers not received but later through the match (Lansang Dam) was good. I started with 3 deaths and thought nothing had changed but as soon as I got into it I turned it around and ended 18-8, probably my best match yet even though I know thats still bad.
    Im not a noob to BF, put 300hrs into bf3 plus getting my highest kill streak: 24

23. Yeti
    January 30th, 2014 at 8:52 pm

(PS4) It worked fine before the update but now I get no sound and really loud in game music at the beginning loading screen. This is absolutely unplayable now. Looks like I’m going back to ghosts until this is fixed.

24. Ted Howell
    January 30th, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Y after new update on PS3 am I getting missing DLC ? Please let us all know

25. Milan
    January 30th, 2014 at 10:36 pm

It works GREAT no lag at all also not on lancing dam and hainan resort!

26. usaaf
    January 30th, 2014 at 10:42 pm

I do REALLY REALLY like the cat long on Xbox one (i believe its on all other consoles as well) so when you order something pike ammo it pops up one the screen so its easier to see. And the glitch when you change a class in the middle of the game and when you spawn you don’t have a gun and can’t shoot for ~2 seconds.

• usaaf
      January 30th, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Of course I mean chat not cat

27. jj
    January 30th, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Ps4… Did the update tonight, noW there is no sound….. Just the end music….. Grrrrrr

28. Walt Disney
    January 31st, 2014 at 1:10 am

Sooooo basically no sound in BF4 Xbox one. Ruined the game for me… Gunna go buy COD and rage.

29. Mike
    January 31st, 2014 at 2:49 am

Fix the game already. How long has it been out for now? Can’t get in a damn game with sound now that the “patch” has come out. On top of that I bought premium. What a joke that was. Couldn’t get those maps to download for over a month. Game play is fun, when it works. Which is about 20 percent of the time. 0 percent health bug still there and sometimes no hit markers while hitting the person. Spawns are also terrible, not sure if this has to do with the or not, but when get spawned in front of the same enemy 4 times in a row something is wrong.

30. Arithon
    January 31st, 2014 at 4:57 am

I patched and played last night for the first time since last year where I went all evening without crashing to desktop.

A move in the right direction.

31. toxic80
    January 31st, 2014 at 5:23 am

Well EA you have destroyed yet another good series for me. Every promising title they get turns to shit. I cant even load a match with sound after the latest patch all i hear is the end music. 0% health glitch is still upon us you still get shoot from around corners or through massive objects. Sometimes the entire game will crash all together and they are wasting hundreds of man hours making little tweaks to guns instead of working on the stability of the game itself 89 bucks for the game 60 bucks for premium now enjoy pulling your hair out and swearing at your tv

32. Stiicky_fiingazz
    January 31st, 2014 at 6:01 am

Sound issue as starting the game…but when the hell are we gonna be able to do party groups with friends!! Sucks big time to have to join my friends in a match and not even be on the same team!!

33. Naturalizer
    January 31st, 2014 at 7:01 am

1st game on PS4 and I didn’t get any sound. The end of game sound comes up every now and then and I can only here gunshots once every 5 minutes. Dice really gotta sort this out.

34. Chad
    January 31st, 2014 at 7:24 am

There should be lemon game laws to protect consumers from broken games with full refunds

This game was rushed to compete with COD and should have been delayed 6 months to fix all the bugs

With theNew update yesterday and now I have no sound in game play for the xbox one. This game makes EA and Dice look bad and EA is already saying Titan Fall will not have issues with the upcoming release date in march

There should be a lot of people getting fired from EA and Dice because they are clearly incompetent and have no clue what they are doing. Laws need to change to protect consumers that buy these broken games, what other industry could get away will selling a incomplete product and get away with it

• donald
      February 1st, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Microsoft has been doing it for years with just about all their products….how many updates have come out for their operating systems that could have been worked out from the beginning…..

35. billytimbob1
    January 31st, 2014 at 7:39 am

waiting for 360 patch played all versions of game ie pc xbone ps4 ect 360 most stabe turn off network smothing in menus fixes 99% of net code probs yeah you might see a guy rubberband but at least you know theres lag at that point ive seen network smoothing cover up big time lag now give me dlc

36. SCOPE1985
    January 31st, 2014 at 7:45 am

Serious sound issues with new patch and also a lag in the time for my gun to show after respawning. Even got shot when respawn cos had no weapon in hand. Gameplay is smoother but game does not feel as RICH as BF3.

37. casey
    January 31st, 2014 at 7:45 am

So I just bought 4 copies of BF4 for me my girls system my brother in laws and my cousin so we can all play together I updated yesterday aNd am having sound problems hearing pre game and end game music during games this is absolutely ridiculous it’s unplayable DICE YOU OWE IT TO CUSTOMERS LIKE ME TO FIX THIS ASAP OR YOU’LL BE LOSING A LOT MORE PLAYERS TO COD.

38. skullhumper
    January 31st, 2014 at 7:50 am

The game play is awesome now much smother then before i did notice an issue with the MBT 50 cal gunner seat where the gun will not shoot and there are no crosshairs.

39. wader
    January 31st, 2014 at 9:45 am

now after game loads onl y to the screen where its raining and thats it

• BF4 SUCKS
      January 31st, 2014 at 6:14 pm

YEA SAME DAMN PROBLEM. FRICKIN’ AMAZING EA.

40. ehBattlefield
    January 31st, 2014 at 10:10 am

Seems to be glitched already. No weapon sounds on some of the maps!!!

41. JIT
    January 31st, 2014 at 10:22 am

no sound in any multiplayer game and still has the black spawn screen (ps4)

42. Algis Silkauskas
    January 31st, 2014 at 11:08 am

Omg air superriority works with full sound. Thata the only game mode I found that works

43. roger
    January 31st, 2014 at 11:30 am

When will they fix the meltdown called DAWN BREAKER and it’s endless lock ups.

44. Alex
    January 31st, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Im not having any sound issues at all, although for the past week or so ive had major rubberbanding cant even go anywhere. As everyone else said my Internet is fine. Needs asap fix. doesn’t happen all the time though and bullets seem to not lag just my charcter . Campaign erasing as well need fix .

45. Jeff
    January 31st, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Crap !!!!!!! I’m sick and tired of all this mascarade. No sound problem on my side. The game is globaly now smoother but… WTF with netcode problems ? Will they fix the lag issues one day. It’s getting worse with every patch. Sure now they will never be able to sort it out. It’s almost unplayable now… Pretty sure it was better 2 patches ago on my side…

46. William
    January 31st, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Wow 490.03 mb for the xbox 360

47. Marshal
    January 31st, 2014 at 2:55 pm

No gun shot sounds… its really annoying, so I just listen to loud music when I play

48. Mike
    January 31st, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Let’s not forget the bullshit “rebalancing”. Played one round of rush on Hainan because that’s all I could stand to play. sure it’s GREAT if you’re on the attacking team, but god help you if you play on the defenders, since now you have an LAV, AND an Attack Boat to worry about, along with the other vehicles.

oh and defenders still don’t get any vics to utilize.

49. John
    January 31st, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Had the sound issues on the PC also. Just do a repair in Origin and it should be cool.

50. Bf hater
    January 31st, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I come home from work relax and try enjoy BF4 and this shit happens……They just ruin the whole experiencefor me. wtf EA!!!.

51. Israel
    January 31st, 2014 at 4:25 pm

My BF4 freezes my whole console (xbox 360) does anyone have an idea why this happens, it only happens when playing BF4

• TakeNooHostages
      January 31st, 2014 at 10:49 pm

does samething to me, freezes my 360 right up lol , have to turn off than turn back on..!

52. Entreri
    January 31st, 2014 at 4:41 pm

How can I get the update to start? Have yet to be prompted to do so.

53. Collin
    January 31st, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Still no fix for campaign not saving? Hopefully that’s coming soon

54. Jason
    January 31st, 2014 at 10:50 pm

I don’t know what everyone’s problems are specificly. But BF4 runs awesome for me. Few glitches here and there but it rarely if ever effects the playability lol?

55. Daniel
    February 1st, 2014 at 1:23 am

Ok everyone who said that ea dice sucks is stupid. Why Don’t you guys go create a game. Do some of you know that its not the easiest thing to do. Rome wasn’t built in a day

• Yapper
      February 1st, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I understand what you mean, but the problem here is that the game was released far too soon and with far too many bugs. I know it certainly wasn’t easy to make BF4, but to release it unfinished and with this many problems is definitely DICE and/or EA’s fault.

• Colonel 100
      February 1st, 2014 at 2:04 pm

We may not be qualified to make games, but the people who ARE should actually make something worthwhile. Can YOU make a game, good sir?

56. Deezy
    February 1st, 2014 at 3:46 am

What a joke this patch is. No sound. So annoying. This game is broken with no HOPE………..

57. Jeremy
    February 1st, 2014 at 10:21 am

i have been having this “glitchy running problem since this came out, its never been like this before and now its say something about profile cant be loading and may be corrupt. but i still have my level and gun. is there any way to fix this or anything im on xbox360 btw.

58. Jimbo
    February 1st, 2014 at 11:55 am

DICE what is wrong with you people? Sort this shit out or I’m gonna go absolutely mental and kick something really hard. I’ve had a shit day at work hoping to shoot some people online when I got home and come back to this shit. You’ve ruined my whole week. I hope you’re happy.

59. fuyra
    February 1st, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Ps3 I bought this in launch it was playable then but since the patches i cant play a match it keeps. Freezing up my console lags and i have 4g internet so it cnat possibly lag with. The speed its put me off. even trying to play it. And i’m sure like everybody we all just want to be able to play the game. Without the glitches. this is so sad. cause this game had so much potential. I’LL just stick to mass effect 3 till the 4th one is released for ps4. disappointed in ea and dice with this.

60. Nialler Den
    February 1st, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Ps4 is almost unplayable since latest patch. Severe lagging, no in game sound, etc etc

61. Tiffany
    February 2nd, 2014 at 1:10 am

I know how you feel,if i knew that this game was terrible,like it is, i would have saved my money buying that premium bs. I bet after this screw up, people will by COD,before they pick up a bf game,ever again if they areare smart, great job EA andDice on another disappointment.you’re a joke to treyarch.

• Tiffany
      February 2nd, 2014 at 1:11 am

sry buy* COD

62. LarryC
    February 2nd, 2014 at 2:03 am

At least you can play the game. I can’t play with a friend who lives a few miles away without getting an error message “The Joined game is running an incompatible version”(It happens when he tries to join me to). We both downloaded around the same time. I just want to play the game with friends. Sound problem for me only happens in the beginning and it makes the LAV sound like old farm truck HA.

63. andre
    February 2nd, 2014 at 7:12 am

listen everyone bf4 is a bust i knew ahead of time it be a bust here the thing i wasn’t gonna buy it seen alot of online friends get it before ghost noone plays it we all stuck with ghost im the only idiot who got premium as well 115 down the drain i keep gettn told theres a update by loyal bf4 fans n this last one has issues and even corrupted my friends data i mean i thinjk ill pass on the update after hearing from everyone n wait for a update that works if not whatever i got games tht do from companys who wait too release a solid game naughty dog – activision games i have great cofidence in ea has let me down alot ea idk about anymore gl all u faithfuls real adults move on in wait so check 4 update news n read reviews before u get your hopes up n than u wont be dissapointed

64. Edward
    February 2nd, 2014 at 3:06 pm

HEY DICE, I JUST A CREDIT CARD REVERSAL FOR BF4. YOU WANT TO TRY AND STEAL MY MONEY, YOU FAILED. I WILL HAVE A FREE, BUT BROKEN,GAME!

EVERYBODY SHOULD DO A CHARGE BACK OR A PAYPAL DISPUTE AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

65. Geronimo Bosch
    February 3rd, 2014 at 6:16 am

I hope Bf3 becomes playable on ps4 in the future.As a sincere sorry from EA and Dice it should be made available free to Battlefield 4 purchasers with Sony’s new Gaikai service.Everybody should push for it.

66. Worst Game In History CRAPPYFIELD 4
    February 3rd, 2014 at 9:54 am

Servers are empty,constant crashes,stuck on loading screen,signal from servers dropping out constantly.Good job fixing this heap of shit.They should legally not be allowed to sell anymore content until this junk is fixed.That’s if it really is fixable at all.

67. xamenos13
    February 4th, 2014 at 2:43 am

i didnt have any problem with disconnections, sounds, lag etc. now with the new patch i lag a lot. i see the player i kill him i turn the corner and then i get the bullets he fired before i kill him!
    like the others my internet connection is fine and when i lag my ping is still the same at 65ms

what we should do?? repair the origin should fix that? anyone tried it?

68. axel
    February 4th, 2014 at 7:22 pm

I am using a amd card and i have mantle running i am having really bad frame rate problems im running at 45 and 50 for awile then i will drop down to 19 20 frames it really makes me angry i have one of the newest cards r9 270x and a a8 5600k clocked at 4.0 gh and 8 gigs of ram im not sure if its my computer it might have an issue or its the update and i get the sound problems too.

69. Peter Thwaites
    February 10th, 2014 at 12:51 am

Since loading the latest patch I’m getting massive lag in all BF4 maps.the game is now totally unplayable on 360. Put BF3 back in and had no problems. Really pissed off as I really enjoyed BF, now I will stick to COD.

70. LKJudg3
    February 25th, 2014 at 4:53 pm

This is why I don’t pre-order and wait a few months before buying any game. In this case I’m really glad I didn’t and feel for those that bought it. It is a shame they rushed programmers and shipped such a piece of crap. If they knew their audience they could have postponed another few months or even a year to get stuff straight. I would have waited. Why not give BF3 a fresh HD high res retexturing, add some useful and amazing post processing effects, and fix the bugs that were left over? That would have kept them busy with a trickle of cash coming in while they fixed their horrid broken gaming engine (or better yet scrap it and start over).

71. james
    March 1st, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I don’t know what you guys are complaining about. My Battlefield 4 runs perfect with graphics set to max. It’s super smooth. Maybe all of you have crappy computers. Time to upgrade guys