A single video shows all Battlefield 4 problems on PS4

A single PS4 gameplay video shows pretty much every single bug in BF4 on the platform.

While Battlefield 4 is a much better and more stable game today than it was when it was released, it’s by far not perfect. There are still plenty of issues that need to be addressed, and it seems that the latest few patches have brought some additional problems.

A new PlayStation 4 gameplay video features a single gameplay session and showcases pretty much all the problems Battlefield 4 faces today, some of them that came with the latest PS4 patch.

The problems showcased include getting disconnected from a server, the 0 HP issue that the latest patch brought with it, severe lag, glitches, bad netcode and hit registration, and of course, general level bugs. All showcased in one video from a single gameplay session. The session starts at 10:00.

1. [FDF]Gaming
    January 23rd, 2014 at 1:24 pm

this guy is only crappy shooter and shoot most of the time over and/or not at the ememy at all, and when younshoot automatic fire all the time you dont hit to guy whos standing 200meters away from you…yes there were few cases where bullets didnt leave your barrel, but lrn 2 play before you post “bug”videos.

2. Chance
    January 23rd, 2014 at 1:44 pm

The zero health bug has been in BF since BF3.

• mohammad
      January 23rd, 2014 at 10:20 pm

lol they should not bring it back tho…

3. viperrelentless
    January 23rd, 2014 at 3:25 pm

This game is as stable as a monkey on ketamine

• The Baron Pietro
      January 23rd, 2014 at 4:41 pm

More honest words have never been spoken

• whY402Jay
      January 23rd, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Ummmm.. Special K is a horse tranquilizer which would stabilize it. The monkey would not be all over the place, it would be knocked out.

January 23rd, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Playing at 900p should be the first problem shown.

5. N-Shifter
    January 23rd, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I can’t watch the video (blocked at work) but the PS4 version is running perfectly well now for me, only issue I had was the game freezing up and being kicked to the blue screen but that ended well over a month ago.

• krokro
      January 24th, 2014 at 3:01 am

Good. Now aim faster, and you will understand what is a “real hitbox delay”

6. Arariel
    January 23rd, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I haven’t touched BF4 in about a month or two. GTA Online is where it’s at right now. Maybe in a year or two…*cough* or ten *cough* when the game is fixed and stable I’ll give it a try.

• DickieGunn
      January 24th, 2014 at 5:34 am

Pretty sure stability is not a problem any more,…for the most part.

Now everyone is just experiencing the proverbial netcode nightmare.

7. DickieGunn
    January 24th, 2014 at 6:00 am

After having watched the video,…

I was hoping for a better example of bad hit detection and one hit kills. While there are one or two examples of each in here, I don’t think this video is powerful enough to get anything more than glance by Dice. I certainly experience worse than this more than once a night, and usually have to hop around servers until I can find a descent experience.
    ,…and no I don’t have a bad connection (90mb cable). lol

The video does do a good job of showing the other bugs. However, to me, hit detection and one hit kills are often the biggest issues for my and my BF friends.

• Alex
      April 8th, 2014 at 12:51 pm

same man, almost every server I join has insufferable lag if not aat the start then towards the end of the match. i know it’s not my internet I get 50-60 mb using an ethernet ccable. It’s beyond a joke now, dice need to fix this broken game.

8. Lee D
    January 24th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Is this supposed to be representative of experiences across the board on the Playstation 4 platform? Because that’s utter BS. The guy who recorded it just has to be about the unluckiest swine I’ve ever seen on the game, because I assure you these issues simply do not manifest themselves whenever I play. The PS4 version is a far different beast now to how it was in its first week of release and is very, very playable. Myself and my large party of regulars enjoy it all the time with minimal issues. In fact it’s so solid on that platform now that I’ve moved over to playing the game entirely on my PS4 – from the PC version; which is still an absolute mess. If I could sell my Origin copy I would do.

Whilst I do not doubt the video’s author has had these problems, the video itself is an unfair representation of the game on Playstation on the broader scale. But this website’s tabloid style of sensational “reporting” would have casual onlookers believe otherwise, which simply isn’t true.

I like visiting this url for BF news, but knock off the bitchy gossip style of editorial, please. Be classy.

Cheers.

9. Vertigo
    January 24th, 2014 at 4:13 pm

“Kicked out from server.” This is why you play on Official Servers. It isn’t exactly the greatest, but it prevent dealings with p#$$##$!

This game pretty much sux. That is the way this game is played. It promotes camping or running in groups only. More than any other FPS game. The cowar###ess of this game is ridiculous. Camping on every Stairway, Hallway, Roof, Window, Corner, Vehicle, etc. Sure, sounds normal to some. Not 20-40 players all at the same place. Haha. Sound fun, yet? The only way people move in this crap game. Would be in groups. Everyone is too afraid of moving on their own. They lack the skill individually. It’s always a teamwork excuse. Playing against clans/parties. Is fairly simple. They like to hide with each other like no other in this game. This is what draws gamers who can’t cut it in other FPS games. Which require individual skill. If your flag point is being captured. You can watch most of your team ignore it. Except for a few. Unless, you’re in a clan/party. You can safely run together, hold hands, and die.

The bullet hits on here, are already known to have issues. You can empty a whole clip into someone (even headshots), and it won’t kill them. Yes, you still die after running away behind a wall, from bullets and grenades. Still, there is no fix for these issues. Some guns take a million bullets to kill someone though.

The matchmaking is probably the worst. I have ever seen in an FPS game. Half of the time or more. You will be taken into a Match. Which is at its end. Sometimes, you may have time to spawn once. Others, you will be taken to the end of results. Win or Lose. It goes on your Stats. Yes, even if you never have spawned into the match.

As always, there isn’t a darn thing you can do about cheaters. Especially, those rented severs. So, as I have stated above. Stick to Official servers. It is the only option for a decent game. I am being generous with that statement.

The Premium Membership for this game is… I’ll skip on that. There are a lot better things you can get for $50.

The spawn system for flag points seems to be random sometimes. You can spawn at the regular places, but there are those times it may spawn you on the enemy side. Which can be good or bad. Depending on the way you see it.

The unlocks for this game. Just plain suck. You have weapons, vehicles, kits, Dog Tags, Camo/Paint, and Camoflauge. All of which there is too many. Which take forever to unlock and keep you interested. Don’t forget the Battlepacks. Which give you nothing but useless items during your first half or more of gameplay. Sometimes, it seems as though it will give you items the game knows you won’t use. Based off of your use of Weapons and attachments.

Just like any Game Developer. You expect them to get better and be more proficient. When making game after game. Not this franchise. It seems to be getting worse and worse with every release. Which I believe is due to the Developers focusing more and more on Micro Transactions. At the end of the day profit is more important. Everyone saw this specifically with this game. A broken unfinished game was released and your money was taken. They knew it. That is why a vacation excuse was given to Gamers. They now want to patch weapons or grenades. Ignoring all issues this game still has. More importantly, they don’t care how much those rented servers continue to ruin the reputation of this franchise. Profit is more important.

As always with all FPS games. Those glitches, mods, and hacks. Are beginning to show their ugly face in BF4. Rapid fire, players underground, in walls, off of maps, in areas with no access, etc. You know the drill. These things seem to happen on European servers the most from what I recorded (Xbox,PS4,PC). Let’s not forget the new trend. Have two clan/party members be the Commander in a match. That way the game can be more one sided. As if it already is not.

The fact that EA is involved with Battlefield. Made me not want to give it a shot with BC2, BF3, BF4. As time went by, Dice has shown they’re no different then EA. It is obvious now, this franchise has reached its potential.

I’ll be moving on to bigger and better things to come.

• Frank West
      April 16th, 2014 at 8:58 am

RWow what a rant. I dont know where to start. I guess ill ignore most of your biased nagging and say im a gamer who appreciates good games and i love the ingenuity of battlefield. I think no game should come out with glitches and bugs but battlefield is revolutionary for what a war game really is. I can tell that you’re probably a biiiig cod fan and you probably play ghosts alot. But me personally dont want to pay for more of the same. I like games that push the envelope and try new things. Battlefield is a war simulation. And when battlefield is played with like minded tacticians and people who play their roles, it is an amazing experience. Theres campers in all games(call of duty) campers became popular in certain games (cod). I love call of duty but i love ingenuity and realism more. Go play cod (my 6yr old nephew is very good at cod. Its very easy for him lol)

• pharqu
      July 22nd, 2014 at 8:45 am

I hear ya, worst bf yet. Even 1943 was more enjoyable. Worst matchmaking, too much customization… it’s some bastardized version of bf that is born of incest… pure shit

10. ScreamFace
    January 25th, 2014 at 7:31 pm

This is about the state of it on PC currently

11. alex
    January 27th, 2014 at 11:38 pm

this video is a poor example of the lag, poor hit detection, netcode etc. There are hundreds if not thousands of videos out there better demonstrating this. Why on earth is this the flagship example on bf4central? Who’s decision was this? This decision was as poor as the player’s skills in the vid.

I play on ps4 and I’m seriously thinking of just stopping. I’m fairly new to battlefield and love this game. I have a 1.8 k/d, 550 spm, 65% win rate, and am fairly decent at FPS games… but to be honest, the lag/hit detection is by far worse than even past COD games, and certainly worse than that of Ghosts (albeit a poor game). It’s simply unacceptable and just a slap in the face to die hard fans or simply the casual gamer who forked over his/her money, to release a game that is as broken as battlefield 4. Honestly this rivals Skyrim on the ps3, and those who have played on that platform know what I’m talking about.

I think the gaming industry is just fucked period. It seems the norm now to release a game that is broken, with promises to its customers that it’ll be fixed incrementally over the course of months. I don’t think most people realize how downright manipulative and condescending for a company to do that to its consumers really is. There is no other industry that this would be fly in. And until gamers send a message in the form of a non-purchase come launch, and I honestly don’t think that will happen, this trend will continue for years to come.

12. Anonymous
    January 27th, 2014 at 11:40 pm

People are overreacting sooo much, first week, it’s true, this game was unplayable, but now it works really good and it’s seriously an AWESOME game, most of the people i see complaining are Just bad players.. Especially in this video, i didn’t see even one lag or bug or whatever you want when watching it, the Guy Just sucked , still, some Work could be done with the transparency of the company but I’m optimist for the future of this game

13. MSC
    January 30th, 2014 at 1:39 am

@Vertigo. I don’t think anyone could have said it better. You covered most of it anyway very clearly.

The fact that one region is playing the way they play. Simply because the lack of skill. I don’t know. I guess that’s what emotionally ill people do. By the way. This region has started using other regions as their area now, because of their reputation. lol. They’re the aka UNAVAILABLE Region. haha. Yes, you know who. Smh u!

@MsAnonymous above. Many people have valid points and arguments. Some are taking things as far as Lawsuits. Stop trying to downplay a $h1t game. By the way. When it comes to BF. The one’s who cry the most are the run n gun, with a group type. This is why Weapons and Grenades are getting a Patch soon. It is more important than anything else. They have to satisfy those id1ots. In order for them to feel they’re good players.

I am just tired of the same old… same engine with a different name. If you love spam. This is the game for you. Vehicles and explosives. That is all this game is. Spam, spam, spam. You sure as h3ll don’t get a good FPS experience out of this. That’s for sure. Every game is unbalanced and no matter what side you’re on. It is boring. I left many popular clans because they seem to have this mental/emotional attachment to cheating and creating a bad environment online. Nobody likes a equal match. Everyone seems to be afraid of a challenge. Many have big mouths and bad attitudes because they’re in groups. Then, think they’re powerful for some reason. lol.

All of those who have an unhealthy attachment to winning or killing. Are the one’s who ruin it for everyone else. Who play for fun. Out of BC2, BF3, and BF4. I have experienced maybe 5 equally matched games. Meaning the match ended within a few points of each other. Yes, 5. Guess what? Those 5 were at a Tournament. This is the reason I left many clans. They do not play for fun. They are afraid of realizing that they aren’t as good as they think. This is why every lopsided game shows signs of cheap tactics. Every single one of them.

Ever since BFBC (Costbite 1.0). This franchise has attracted a bad crowd. I think its even more funny. How, many claim they have been BF supporters since the beginning.

Weak a55 crowd. -100k as always
    Currently online players: Jan 30, 2014
    PC
    18,908
    PS3
    23,665
    XBOX360
    10,859
    XBOXONE
    8,629
    PS4
    14,152

14. peter
    March 25th, 2014 at 5:04 am

i can’t pass 2-d stage of the campain mode,,the scene when you are in the car and you have to shot dawn the helicopter with granade launcher,i’ve been playing it for 3 hours yesterday,and i can’t pass it!! wtfff!!?? ooo and today when a started my ps4 on,nothing was saved from bf4!!!no weapons! no nothing!!!!!wwwttttffff!!???