Battlefield 4 Platoons feature coming tomorrow

Platoons roll out tomorrow, but only Premium players will be able to create a Platoon.

Battlefield 4 platoons

DICE has announced that the much anticipated Battlefield 4 Platoons feature will roll out tomorrow, February 27. Platoons will allow players to form clans and groups, and play together that way. Platoons were popular in BF3, but DICE decided to postpone the feature in Battlefield 4.

Players will be able to create platoons or join other platoons, and to organize with friends. Platoons will have their own stats, where players can see who the best players in the platoon are in the various categories.

The Battlefield 4 Platoons will be limited to 100 members, just like in BF3. However, DICE is open to the possibility of increasing the size of the platoons in the future.

Platoons will support stats and players will be able to rank up their platoons by playing together. Platoons will get other stats, such as K/D ratios, and more. In order for the Platoons to get stats and rank up, four or more players from the Platoon must play together in the same match.

The platoon feature will slowly roll out tomorrow, however, unlike in BF3, only Premium players will be able to create their own Platoons — sorry regular players.

1. mohammad
    February 26th, 2014 at 11:30 am

along side with that fix the freakin bullet/explosive proof glass glitch in metro !

• Steve
      February 26th, 2014 at 11:47 am

Yes, I noticed this last night and couldn’t score a single hit on a guy blatantly stood there fully aware of the glitch and enjoy every second of trolling me!

Another issue is that playing on commander on android (samsung tab3) has a really noob Dice mistake – the gulf of Oman background is flipped so that all the caps are in the sea… epic testing fail.

• mohammad
        February 26th, 2014 at 1:52 pm

although i don’t use android or tablet etc… that’s strange i play commander mode on my ps4 .

• Tyrane
        February 26th, 2014 at 8:44 pm

yeah same for me on my iPad Air

2. whatever_sa
    February 26th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Can you please write about the fact that you cannot join on a friend anymore. It always puts you in a different team even when the server would be balanced. Its been going on for a few days now.

AND when you try to switch, it keeps saying you tried to switch to a bigger team, even when you are on the bigger team.

• XKlinkX
      February 27th, 2014 at 6:21 am

Gulf of Oman was backwards on my iPad 2 as well seems to be a lot of devices.

3. bman9669
    February 27th, 2014 at 8:51 am

anyone on ps4 that would like to join my platoon send a request bman9669..

4. camps
    February 27th, 2014 at 10:33 am

I said this on twitter and I’ll say it on here.
    What EA/DICE did here was dumb. Platoons should have been in the game from day 1. Not allowing regular players create a platoon is also dumb.

Anyone who has the game should be able to create a platoon. Has DICE/EA said why they’re not allowing others to create them?. I understand Premium members get the benefits, and I understand with the double xp, maps, queue times, ect.. but a mechanic that every shooter(and other genres) game should have should be available for everyone.

I personally didn’t think BF3 had a good platoon/clan system anyways….well on console, not sure if it was different on PC

*I don’t have BF4 yet so it doesn’t effect me*

5. MikeeD
    March 3rd, 2014 at 2:41 am

Are you kidding !!!???
    I can’t for the life of me understand why Platoons is only for Premium !?!?
    Just goes to show that Dice/EA treat normal players (who still bought your game) get treated like fkin slaves !!! You bunch of conning wankers.
    I suppose that’s why I get lag most the time as well, oh but if your Premium you get extra lag compensation.
    I knew there was something but couldn’t put my finger on it, your like the main two-faced b**tards that have ever developed & published a game. Talk about pay-to-win :O
    This is worse than what Infinity Ward/Treyarch do with their copy&paste bs.
    This will be the last time you ever get money from my pocket and I really hope, you who are guilty, die a horrible painful death for being the fkin bunch of cons you are. I really wish all the innocent cancer sufferers could transfer it to you evil sons of bitches, stripping folks of their money for this piece of shit you call a game.
    Games are supposed to be fun but you pr*cks just split it down the middle, one half get everything, the other half get shit on. F*ck you EA !! F*ck you !!!!!
    Dice, everyone stuck up for you but your not even worth the paper that money is written on, going along with these bs decisions. I dont mind not receiving maps or extra weapons but crap like this should be open for all you bunch of degenerate c*ck-smoking f*ck holes.
    RIP with your tarnished reputation.