Battlefield 4 Second Assault and handgun shortcut now available

The Second Assault DLC is now available for Premium members, and the handguns shortcut is now free to download.

Battlefield 4 second assault

As expected, the Battlefield 4 Second Assault expansion has launched for Premium members on all platforms. In addition, DICE has released the handguns shortcut as they promised earlier this month.

Players can download the handguns shortcut on Origin for free, which will unlock all the handguns in the game. You don’t actually have to own Battlefield 4 in order to download the handgun shortcut — you can just grab it now if you plan on getting the game later on.

The Second Assault update is accompanied by a small Battlelog update, and by a new server update as well.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault is the second DLC released for BF4, and includes remakes of popular BF3 maps — Gulf of Oman, Operation Metro, Operation Firestorm, and Caspian Border. The DLC is available for download to Premium members, and weighs in at 5.3 GB.

Non-Premium members will get the DLC for $15 two weeks from now. Recently, DICE announced the details of the upcoming Naval Strike DLC as well, which will launch later next month.

1. Steve
    February 18th, 2014 at 11:48 am

This game is starting to upset my SSD

• Skullhumper
      February 20th, 2014 at 9:36 am

sure is this game uses a lot of space

2. xNo_Mercy20x
    February 18th, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Ok, so I play BF4 on the PS3, & I have a PSN. But, today when I just started to play the game, it didn’t ask me to update BF4. Second Assault was “suppose” to release today, but I haven’t got an update message. Can someone help me with my problem?

• bman9669
      February 19th, 2014 at 3:34 am

i believe you have to DL it off the sony store. i know i did for ps4 it should be under add ons.

3. Richy G
    February 18th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Awww
    kinda of want to get premium when i finish work after reading this… would love to be playing gulf of omen tonight….

Shame… coz i refuse to cough up more cash for a for a broken product

Tell you what.. when i get home im gonna play dawnbreaker on conquest delibrately… if i go a full round without my xbox freezing, ill buy it

• gwils
      February 18th, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Oh wow, I thought it were only me that had this problem. Good to know I’m not the only one this happens to.

Whenever the game loads the dawnbreaker map, I hit pause and exit….. It freezes every time.

Hope they fixed it with the new patch.

• Richy G
        February 21st, 2014 at 7:21 am

So….got the latest patch
        Completed a FULL round of ‘gamebreaker’… no problems

got me credit card out… loaded up gulf… game froze on the loading screen and killed my save file

Maps still start without sound/textures… and i said i wouldnt cough up gor this buggy crap loooooool

4. ritchie thayre
    February 18th, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I downloaded second assault as soon as it came out on ps3 and it was only 1.5gb, after I downloaded it my game does not launch, after the trophy synch my screen goes black, after a while if I press x it takes me tk the menu of the guy running and where to tells me to press start after that it just goes black

5. firestarter111
    February 18th, 2014 at 12:58 pm

leave me alone, the game crashes liek hell. at least they admit it now. after a whole week of telling nothing.

6. Maxime
    February 18th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I don’t find find where I need to go to get the Pistol shortcut (on Origin website). Please someone, help me. I have a 360, will it still be accesible, or it’s only for the PC version?

• bman9669
      February 19th, 2014 at 3:36 am

it should be in the xbox store you access from the console. its a game add on so it might be listed there.

• Maxime
        February 22nd, 2014 at 10:46 am

Thanks! It’s logical. 🙂

7. Dennis
    February 18th, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Played each map, I think they are much better than the originals. No or very little rubberbanding tbh

8. J
    February 18th, 2014 at 4:12 pm

How about mentioning the fact that BF4 is completely broken on ps3 since Sunday 2/16/14?!?!?! Everyone’s stats have been reset to zero and the input lag is 5 times as bad as it was on launch day!!! Mums the word from DICE… go figure! Also EA’s customer support website won’t even work… All during customer appreciation month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 18th, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Console kiddies make me lol.

• flamingfirewolf
      February 18th, 2014 at 11:08 pm

i have a $1,500 set up…..what is wrong with that?
      i have a job, i have a house, a car, food and water so why not spend some money on a nice PC?
      i do not have the best of stuff but it works fine and i had fun building it myself.
      the way i think of it is that PC’s are made for the internet and consoles are made for games….but…..consoles can now search the internet and watch TV so why not make a PC that can max out a games that you like? there is nothing wrong with PC’s nor consoles but it is the attitude towards each other that makes it bad.
      am i right?
      *i have a PC, XBOX and PS

• LOL
      February 19th, 2014 at 6:48 am

Try three thousand … and only elitist because games are better, graphics are better, and mouse+keyboard owns joy. Console games aim for you, wtf?

• BL
      February 19th, 2014 at 8:19 am

Correction …several thousand including a $1200 30 inch monitor 2560 x 1600 2 x gtx 780s. Elitist yeh. Work hard for it.

10. flamingfirewolf
    February 18th, 2014 at 6:08 pm

i like what they have done to METRO even though it did not change the choke points……the first thing i did when second assault had finished downloading was go on a METRO map and see what they had done to change the choke points but all they have done is added two SMALL doors to get choked from but the elevators seem to work like a charm when there is no C4 in them….oh and for people that want to know how bad the nade spam is…..it….is …well worse than before……. i spent most of my time setting up that anti-explosive thing to stop my team being f*cked up by nade spam, it works but it does not stop bullets….so it didn’t stop much of the choke but it does work 🙂

to tell you the truth…..i had more fun playing this METRO than the last, i have no idea what they have done to make METRO (of all maps) to be fun but they did.

*i have not tried out the other maps yet- i played METRO until 3AM without even knowing it 🙂

*i have not found any bugs yet

• Chron
      February 19th, 2014 at 8:36 am

I too played a lot of Metro yesterday and it feels familiar (in both good and bad ways) but it feels more fun overall. They’ve changed the maps such that those spots in BF3 metro where you could cover the entire top section don’t work so well now, there’s pillars and such in the way to prevent it, but you can still cover part of the area effectively from mid-long range. It’s still a nadefest and the same nade camp spots exist, but I’d say it’s more difficult to go an entire round camped in the same spot (e.g. behind the overturned booth near the back stairs) because of the layout changes.

Oman isn’t too bad, it’s almost the same as BF3’s version, but they added another hotel to the map now not far from the original, and that means the other team can now counter hotel campers (or that team can have people on both hotels). I’m not sure if lifts were in the BF3 version, but the outside ladder isn’t the only way to the top now (which also means you can hide inside too). I feel they’ve ruined it with the sandstorm though – It makes it almost impossible to spot enemy helis and jets until you’re pretty much right in their face. Active radar really is the only way to effectively get an opener on an enemy aircraft.

I’ve not tried Firestorm or Caspian yet.

Also, the DMR shortcut is available for premium members; http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/shortcut-kits-now-live/

Just click the ‘Premium Giveaway’ button at the bottom of that news post and you’ll be given all the DMR’s automatically. They don’t have attachments unlocked obviously, but I’m sure a lot of people who’ve been itching to try out some of the higher end DMR’s will be happy that they don’t have to grind their way to hell and back with just an RFB. Again, that’s for Premium members only while everyone can unlock the handgun shortcut for free from the “Store” page (link in top right of Battlelog).

11. Driven_files
    February 18th, 2014 at 8:16 pm

WTF? I see only one other post on here about their stats and unlocks all being reset to noob!!!! Anyone heard an explanation on this?