Battlefield 4 Second Assault maps vs BF3 counterparts

A comparison between the new Second Assault maps and their old BF3 counterparts.

The recently released Battlefield 4 Second Assault expansion pack includes four maps remade from BF3. DICE has added some cosmetic changes to the maps, adding some Levolution moments as well. The gameplay and map design and feel remains largely the same, while the visuals have changed.

For example, Caspian Border is now set during the Fall instead of during the Spring. Operation Metro has additional paths and chokepoints, Gulf of Oman has a desert storm rolling in, and Operation Firestorm is filled with burning oil pipelines. Check out a nice screenshot comparison between the new Battlefield 4 maps and the old BF3 ones.

Gulf of Oman

This shows how bad the blue color was in BF3 xD

3. Gaddafi
    February 20th, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Where’s Operation Firestorm??

• Me
      February 20th, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Obviously the second picture.

• Duh
      February 20th, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Derp derp

4. Tt
    February 20th, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Thank God theres less blue in bf4. Lol!!

February 20th, 2014 at 5:03 pm

A little more like BF 3.5 than worthy of a 4. Minor graphical improvements and I game at 2560 x 1600 ultra.

• ViKrieg
      February 20th, 2014 at 11:59 pm

You don’t need a high resolution to tell graphical differences that range from minor to major.
      So why state the resolution you play on, as if it it’s the only way a person could see the visual differences between Battlefield Three and Four? Lol.
      2560x1600p isn’t something limited to you.
      That’s my main monitor’s resolution too.
      Don’t change, my darling BL.

6. Arariel
    February 20th, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I have to admit, despite the claims of BF3 maps and weapons being only copy and pasted, DICE did do a good job. All the maps have new and amazing things. I’ve played solo on all the maps checking them out, and I love how Caspian now has guard towers and the anti-vehicle ramps.

7. Mojobro360
    February 20th, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Have any of you guys played Operation Metro Domination and realized that the spawn points are whack? I was playing and I keep on spawning directly behind the enemy and mowing them down from behind. Am I the only one who thinks that’s weird

8. Arithon
    February 21st, 2014 at 12:44 am

Caspian border has the most change and has been clearly lavished upon, while Operation Firestorm and Gulf of Oman are barely different.
    Metro has improved the most, with all the choke points removed.

9. whatever_sa
    February 21st, 2014 at 7:33 am

All the maps with reduced visibility totally put me off second assault – especialy the brown ocean in gulf of omen.

Blue skies and good weather are awesome. Guilin Peaks is probably the best map ever made so far.

10. bf master
    February 21st, 2014 at 9:28 am

I like levolution they did good in mostly all the maps, but I think they messed up in gulf of oman, I do not like the sand storm it kills the beauty of the map. I hope there’s a feature to disable the levolution in rented servers PS4.

• duke9192
      February 21st, 2014 at 11:59 am

I totally agree, all the maps are good, except gulf of oman. The sand storm ruins the awesome graphics for the map, maybe if the storm came in later during the round it would be ok, but it has occurred near the beginning everytime with me

11. Brandon
    February 21st, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I hate that in BF4 there is less foliage to hide in. Seriously there is hardly any trees and no bushes and shit. Disappointment!