EA to offer Battlefield 4 server rentals to console players

Console gamers will soon be able to rent BF4 game servers for their own private amusement.

Battlefield 4 console servers

Soon, console players will be able to rent their own Battlefield 4 game servers for private matches and general fooling around. EA offered a similar service for BF3, which was actually quite popular with PS3 and Xbox 360 owners — in fact, the console servers sold out shortly after they were made available.

An EA spokesperson confirmed the news via Battlelog, saying that console server rentals for Battlefield 4 will be available soon, without getting any more specific as to a possible launch date.

While this is no doubt a great initiative, EA should make sure that the game servers are as crash-proof as possible. Battlefield 4 servers haven’t been the most stable. Actually, one could argue that Battlefield 4 and its game servers have been the most unstable in the whole franchise.

Speaking of game servers: DICE today released another game server update which includes a fix for the mission audio bug. One thing is certain: DICE is definitely working hard to bring as many patches out there as possible. This is the 29th server update since release…

1. YaselCubano
    March 11th, 2014 at 9:28 am

“Finally” Gulf of Oman 500% Hardcore. I would rent it if there is a way to disable the levolution feature, I don’t like that sand storm not a bit.

• hely sandoval
      March 11th, 2014 at 10:23 am

us night vision sights

• YaselCubano
        March 11th, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Yes I did but I don’t like the idea of being aiming down the sight with every move I am going to do.

• Alpha_Mongoose
      March 12th, 2014 at 8:48 am

You must be one of the camping snipers that are useless to team-play.

• Chance
        March 12th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Or he could be a helicopter or jet pilot.

• YaselCubano
        March 12th, 2014 at 3:25 pm

You are an assholes, I end up top kills and score 75% of the times I play gulf of oman.

• YaselCubano
          March 12th, 2014 at 3:27 pm

That coment was to alpha_mongoose

2. Chance
    March 11th, 2014 at 11:23 am

FINALLY!

And I have to state something I haven’t seen posted on here. On the DLC’s for the 360 (China Rising and Second Assault), there is a HUGE bug that causes the map to change all sorts of random colors, including guns, vehicles, etc., and after a bit, the game freezes. Me and my friends who play BF4 on the 360 have experienced this for a few weeks now. The vanilla maps play just fine, but the DLC’s are just downright unplayable when this glitch takes into effect.

• Epic Quinn
      March 11th, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Same thing happened to me. You just need to delete all the multiplayer updates from your hard drive then load up the game again and it will prompt you to download just the most recent one. After you have done this, it will fix the problem with the in-game textures you are seeing.

• Chance
        March 12th, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Thanks man!

3. Camtron
    March 11th, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Let me first off start by saying I am a big fan of this site and check it all the time for any news about BF4. But can you please be a little more objective. I am glad there will be user owned servers coming out and that is great news. But then you add your own 2 cents which for the last few months has been overwhelmingly negative. Maybe it is my fault for considering this more of a news site than a fan site but can you try to not to be so biased? I get you had problems with the launch. As a fan I want to say I am looking forward to Golmud Railway 500-1000%.

• Lucky_Soul
      March 11th, 2014 at 4:45 pm

It’s not like they are lying about it or anything. Everything they say is 100% true. I agree with all of it. They better make sure that those servers don’t continue to crash as often, or people won’t even bother to rent them.

4. N-Shifter
    March 11th, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Finally 🙂

5. Anonymous
    March 11th, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Yess!!!!!
    I thought my Xbox or the server was gettin hacked.

6. cowshitter
    March 11th, 2014 at 3:10 pm

cant wait to throw more money away! often enough my rented sever in bf3 wouldnt fill up within the 24 hours. also one cant possibly expect to not crash on such lenghty 300-500% sessions. at least we get map-X-only servers since on ps3 you have to pick your maps and gamemodes carfeully since some combinations are absolutely unplayable. the stupid server browser does not work and I often get into a server when the map changes…

• cowshitter
      March 11th, 2014 at 3:39 pm

and of course the EAguy banned me for 24 hours from the battlelog forums for a comment a la my comment above

March 11th, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Wait what? How can they rent servers when most console goobs can’t even buy the games they play since mommy and daddy buy them…Let alone money to rent a server per month..

• Chance
      March 11th, 2014 at 9:45 pm

You are the reason gamers hate PC players.

8. Hunter
    March 11th, 2014 at 7:21 pm

FINALLY. 500% AIR SUPERIORITY GUILIN PEAKS 24/7

9. Ian-the-earl
    March 15th, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I’ve played nearly 500hrs on my ps3 and lost at least 200hrs due to crashing servers. Rent one like that God no! sort game first, then rent out servers