New Battlefield 4 PS4 patch released

New patch on the PS4 brings crash fixes and stability improvements, among other things.

Battlefield 4 PS4 patch

Yesterday, we reported about the various issues Battlefield 4 was facing on the PlayStation 4 platform, the biggest of which was the rubber-banding problems. However, DICE was already working on a new patch to fix some of these problems.

The new Battlefield 4 patch for the PS4 addresses a lot of issues, including crashing and stability improvements. While the patch also includes a bunch of other gameplay and weapon tweaks, there is no specific mention of “rubber-banding”. But it’s pretty clear that DICE is aware of the problem, and this patch should help.

Some of the other tweaks in the new patch include improvements to the killcam, fixes to the Rush game mode on several maps, including Siege of Shanghai and Rogue Transmission. Finally, the patch also eliminates some exploits to the MAV and the main battle tank, where it was possible to fire two tank shells at the same time.

The patch is available for download to all gamers on the PS4 platform. The game servers will also be updated to match the new patch, which could result in some downtime.

You can find the full patch notes here.

1. bman9669
    March 4th, 2014 at 11:12 am

Of course the MTAR 21 would get a fix…. guess all the nubes were complaining!!!

2. Bagela
    March 4th, 2014 at 11:39 am

I haven’t had a chance to try it yet but the forums are saying that they completely ruined obliteration mode in this new patch. No more vehicles and the maps are MUCH smaller. They also mention a new host of bugs. If true, great job ruining something that didn’t need to be “fixed”

3. ecoli
    March 4th, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Rubber-banding continues on ps4. Not fixed yet….

4. lol
    March 4th, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Haha I hate they fix that tank exploit, when using AP shell and Staff Shell I often was like wtf how could I shoot so fast 😀 Destroyed tanks in seconds!

5. raul
    March 4th, 2014 at 10:50 pm

i just downloaded the patch.. and it didnt let me get on the main page. right after i hit the start button it gets stuck on the ships and water.. anyone have that problem? and how can i fix it???? i also have the digital version of it.
    Please help!!

6. fools
    March 4th, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Got an update for my PS3 tonight, now every quick match (conquest and rush) I join is only half full and horribly balanced. Tried a few of each style and then turned it off, what a joke…

7. mohammad
    March 5th, 2014 at 4:24 am

hardcore mode turned into a GARBAGE !!!!! what the heck you dice ?!

8. FunnyMan
    March 5th, 2014 at 6:50 am

This patch has ruined bf. I am registering zero hits after 10 meters. When enemies are up close my bullets hit and register. Further out I see the blood spray but nothing. I shot 7 srr sniper bullets into an afk enemy and saw the blood sprays but no kill. NOTHING. I will be shooting enemy running at me, nothing, but when he gets real close I switch to pistol then it registers. I notice it affecting other players as well. There will be 10 of us shooting one guy but he isn’t dying and neither are any of us. It’s just bullets flying into us and him but no damage.

Not to mention ruined obliteration for havin to plant in order. Stupidity. I’ve lost a lot of respect for dice with bf4, now I’m worried bout battlefront 3

9. only dice
    March 5th, 2014 at 8:38 am

This last patch has totally screwed up the 360 version. Out of 7 attempts to get into a game only 2 were successful. In each of those games I get to see neon green, neon purple, red, yellow colors all over the screen. WTF!?!?!?!? I believe I am going back to BF3 for now.

10. Disgruntled
    March 6th, 2014 at 9:28 am

How is it that there are so many people complaining about the latest patch and all the issues that it has produced yet DICE/EA has no comment. Are they even aware?

It would be nice if when I shoot somebody they die. No hit marker, but blood splatter, Can’t plant bomb, all verticals are showing on the map; however, in reality, they are 4-wheelers.

WTF, why did I spend $60.00 on this? Where is the customer services? Is this a take your money and run situation? Laughing all the way to the bank on this one I guess.

How might I go about getting a refund on this waste of game disc?

-disgruntled

11. Jäger
    March 7th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Raul I’m having the same issue. Tested my internet speed and it went to crap on ps4 but is great on CPU test. Now can’t even sign in to psn on test connection. Any fixes yet?