New Naval Strike details leaked

Video shows how the new Carrier Assault game mode works.

The upcoming Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC will be released in just two weeks, and the first details have (sort of) leaked around the web. The biggest leak is a video that explains just how the new Carrier Assault game mode works — you can find the video above.

The video tutorial shows how the new Carrier Assault game works in practice: players will capture control points on the map that fire missiles towards the enemy aircraft carrier. When the carrier’s health is depleted to 50%, players can board the enemy carrier and blow up two bomb sites. When each of those are destroyed, the carrier sinks and the team wins.

The Carrier Assault mode is pretty close to the original Titan mode from BF2142, only in Battlefield 4, the ships don’t have any shields protecting them. As with Titan, the more control points a team has on land, the more missiles are fired towards the enemy ship.

The Battlefield 4 Naval Strike expansion will be released on March 18th — check out the first screenshots of the DLC.

1. bman9669
    March 5th, 2014 at 10:02 am

I get this on my ps4 since the new update..

2. 45Kkl
    March 5th, 2014 at 10:25 am

I think you guys should have put a *Spoiler Alert* note at the beginning of the article.

• Anonymous
      March 5th, 2014 at 11:26 am

Does it matter? Don’t be a wuss.

• 45Kkl
        March 5th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

This is an idiot ‘argument’.

‘Does it matter’
        -YEAH, if I don’t want to know, HELLO?

‘Don’t be a wuss’
        -This is so irrational, I’m not going to even bother rebutting it.

• Jesus
      March 5th, 2014 at 1:02 pm

What were you expecting on an article that says leaked?? Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• 45Kkl
        March 5th, 2014 at 5:59 pm

The article says that details were ‘leaked’, in the sense that this information is available to the general public. The title implies that a lot of the important details of it are no longer secret, that is it.

It makes no mention in the title, that it will go about expounding what those details are within the contents of the article. (Go look up the word ‘expounding’ in the dictionary, kid)

Guess I should have put myself down to your simple and infantile level. Perhaps then I would have understood your uncomplicated mind!

• Jesse
          March 6th, 2014 at 8:21 am

I guess I’m just confused as to what exactly this article is spoiling? It’s about DLC, plus it’s like four maps; there’s no story, there’s nothing else to it, plus the articles is titled “New Naval Strike Details,” so there’s really nothing else at all that this article could have been about.

Also, what were you expecting to read? Because this was exactly what I wanted to read about it when I saw the article title.

• whY402Jay
          March 6th, 2014 at 8:58 am

You went beyond going down to someone else’s level, “sir”. By insulting someone and esteeming yourself superior to others is the lowest you can go. Also, you said you aren’t trying to argue about something that you are clearly arguing about. You called someone kid, which makes it seem as if you are establishing your status as a grown ass man, yet you play video games. I admit that I am an adult and play them too, but will not use my age or knowledge to put somebody down.

• Seriously 45Kkl
          March 6th, 2014 at 9:09 am

Having an exceptional vocabulary doesn’t make you smarting than anyone, nor does it change the fact that you are acting like a wuss, also known as a titty baby. Let me elaborate, you are complaining about a spoiler alert like they just revealed the finale of My Little Pony before it aired. Don’t try and outsmart your common sense son.

3. CinkCobra
    March 5th, 2014 at 11:47 am

Can’t say I’m not excited about this one. @45Kkl spoiler alert? Why lol

4. mohammad
    March 5th, 2014 at 12:03 pm

so in the last step you need to get on the enemy ship to arm it & destroy it instead of launching missiles , right ?

5. hvac solo
    March 6th, 2014 at 5:13 am

dont waste your your money on any dlc they releases ubtil they fix the freezes on xbox 360. since the new dlc second assault i froze up 12 times in the first 24hrs. my friends are having the same issue. if your having the same issues the dont give them your money. beta test all new dlc im not getting any new dlc until my friends who got ripped off tell me their dlc is not freezing every game.

6. Lol