Battlefield 4 Double XP weekend for Premium members

Premium members can enjoy double XP this weekend.

Battlefield 4 Double XP weekend for Premium membersp

Battlefield 4 players with Premium can now enjoy double XP this weekend. Every point the player earns in the game, including award bonus, will be doubled up. That’s in addition to any XP boost they might use as well.

If you have Premium, now is a great time to level up and get some of those unlocks or just rank up in general.

Battlefield 4 Double XP weekends usually happen once a month for Premium members, and sometimes for non-Premium as well. Double XP is very simple in practical terms: players play the game as usual, and their final points get doubled up after each round.

It only doubles XP points and not other stats, so if you need to have a certain amount of kills to unlock a new weapon accessory, you still have to earn those.

Recently, DICE made an upgrade to their Battlefield 4 servers, which should result in smoother gameplay for everyone. Let us know how the game plays and if you’ve seen any improvement — share your thoughts in the comments section!

1. Reader
    April 26th, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I used to love for and wait for these Weekends.
    This is the first time that I just don’t care because I’d rather play other respectable games.

• Johnny Neat
      April 27th, 2014 at 9:46 am

I hate to admit that too. I totally agree. DICE/EA figured out every possible way to make a sure fire hit fail. I still love you BF4, sorry your parents ruined you.

2. bobzouz
    April 26th, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Cool double XP on crap game for double bug?

3. gameKiller
    April 26th, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Still broken unplayable…. Dice should be ashamed, PS4 broken, PC broken, DICE EA, last time I buy anything from you!

4. gaz
    April 27th, 2014 at 4:37 am

classic pay to win/cheat..

agree with above comments so far, last BF game I am buying, made the mistake of thinking they would get it right this time.

5. Chance
    April 27th, 2014 at 11:33 am

People are STILL going on saying it’s “unplayable and broken”? How unoriginal! AND people are still blaming DICE?! People irritate me.

• Erm
      April 28th, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I don’t agree with it still being unplayable. But, I do agree that any issues at this point are all DICE. The release was rushed yes, and this was EAs fault.

But, this is 7 months later. Everything that is wrong with the game currently, and has been wrong for the past 4-5 months are the fault DICE directly. It’s their code (EA didn’t write it), it’s their lack of QC, they seem to have little idea of what they’re doing anymore. This is no longer EA. It’s a shame, because they’ve tarnished BF and will probably carry that over into Battlefront.

6. Mojoeuk
    April 28th, 2014 at 6:03 am

Who cares it’s a game not real life

7. LOLatbads
    April 28th, 2014 at 10:19 am

The game is still broken?
    It worked beautifully on PS4 last night, since the rubber-banding issue has been addressed.
    By no means is it perfect but …unplayable? I think maybe you guys just have anger issues.

8. DutchDinosaur
    April 28th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Server update my ass. On X360 the game is still shit anyway you slice it. Even in TDM the graphics are trying to catch up with every step you take. The fps is so bad it’s impossible to play. You get owned by level 1 players for the simple fact they don’t show up on screen untill they are halfway through a mag. Players still teleporting all over the screen. Conquest is a joke! You’re lucky if the game doesn’t freeze up completely during a levolution event… Or for no appearent reason at all. One shot kills are still more rule then exception. And the list goes on and on. And with every patch or dlc it gets worse and worse.
    Who cares about double XP at this point!? I wanted a playable game!

This piece of shit game is beyond saving. Forget about the last dlc’s. Don’t need ‘m anymore, don’t want them anymore. I’m done playing this sorry excuse for a game!

• OReallyyy
      April 29th, 2014 at 8:57 am

It’s because you still play on x360

• DutchDinosaur
        April 30th, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Then they shouldn’t have released the game on 360! They were happy to take my money, so don’t gimme any bs about next gen blabla. It’s twice as bad on PS4 and One anyway so that kite don’t fly.

9. joeshemo
    April 28th, 2014 at 11:57 pm

I still think this game should be broken into two (excuse the punt broken)

1) premium BF4
    2) BF4

and the two dont mix, the BF4 premium gives unfair advantage. nothing against premium guys its something DICE needed to do, this whole pay to win stuff is only fair if the premium folks are not put up against none premium.