New video shows the incredible problems with the Battlefield 4 netcode

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse...

We’ve been throwing around the term “netcode” for Battlefield 4 for a while, which is used as a blanket term to describe what’s going on behind the scenes of a multiplayer game. And the Battlefield 4 netode has been heavily criticized ever since the game was released, with countless videos showing just how awful and incredibly frustrating it is to play this game some times.

DICE recently upgraded their server hardware and released another server patch, but that hasn’t done much to improve the stability and netcode of the game. In fact, the problems with Battlefield 4 netcode and lag are still out there, as evidenced by the video above.

The video speaks for itself, and shows just what happens on a regular basis now in Battlefield 4. This is exactly the kind of situation that just makes a player quit the game, uninstall, and never get back again.

We’re sure DICE is working hard to fix these problems, but it’s been six months since the game was released. It’s been dozens of patches. Will this game ever be fixed?

1. mnb
    May 4th, 2014 at 12:06 pm

i’m going to sell this shit soon, base game and premium keys, i’m totally sick of it

2. Carlos
    May 4th, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Battlefield 5 confirmed for E3 2014!!!

Developer DICE is “not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4,”

an EA representative told IGN.

Right….!

• Shadow7Cyrus
      May 6th, 2014 at 8:33 am

@Carlos:
      the studio in charge of BF5, is Visceral Games! not DICE

3. DBMgamer
    May 4th, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Yeah I had hoped this game would be better with the new servers, so I played friday but this happened: http://youtu.be/7SqiIiqazh8

May 4th, 2014 at 2:27 pm

This happened to me in every round back when I still played it, its been months now and not going back till they fix it. How sad that video makes me.

5. Jez
    May 4th, 2014 at 2:51 pm

When was this video recorded?

• Muhammad_Jafar_
      May 4th, 2014 at 8:36 pm

The guy above me asked the best question.

• ramalerama
        May 5th, 2014 at 8:10 am

I sée on YouTube yesterday :s

• Kaaz
      May 5th, 2014 at 7:45 am

It was published to YouTube on May 4th but who really knows when it was actually recorded.

6. Mr.Jack
    May 4th, 2014 at 9:04 pm

OH MY GOSH! Can we cry anymore about this?! I mean really if it bothers you just dont play it. You get what you look for and if all you look for is the “bad things” about anything you are sure to find it.

• Carlos
      May 5th, 2014 at 8:37 am

Purpose of this site is to inform us about the Battlefield 4 and since the game is totally broken than it is natural they write about it. If you do not like it, do not visit this site and go cry somewhere else.

• Tester
      May 5th, 2014 at 9:20 am

OH MY GOSH! Can we cry anymore about the comments and articles?! I mean really if comments and articles bother you just dont read them. You get what you look for and if all you look for is the “bad things” about anything you are sure to find it.

7. AjaSos
    May 5th, 2014 at 3:26 am

Where was his hit boxes !!!!

8. whatever_sa
    May 5th, 2014 at 9:51 am

Well, unlike with battlefield 2142, they are actually saying that they are aware of issues and working on it.

With BF2142, you had to report problems to people at EA that cannot read. If you want to develop a stress disorder, try working with EA support.

I dont bother contacting EA support – I’d rather jump off a bridge.

9. whatever_sa
    May 5th, 2014 at 9:54 am

hmmm, some more thoughts about EA support. It may be more helpful to talk to a dog about your gaming problems, because a potential solution may come to mind in the process randomly… That cannot happen with EA support cause they will just make you angry, preventing any creativity and make you focus on why they employ retards.

10. bman9669
    May 5th, 2014 at 10:44 am

Watch Dogs Anyone??? BF4 you are the weakest link good bye!!!

• What
      May 20th, 2014 at 4:53 am

What if Watch Dogs sucks too?

11. Bl
    May 6th, 2014 at 10:05 am

Makes me wonder how many more kills I would have had if the netcode wasnt broken the last 6 months…

• Jake
      May 6th, 2014 at 11:28 am

Probably none. Your opponents have netcode problems as well.

12. yoav
    May 8th, 2014 at 6:08 am

i now understand what netcode means.WTF,it is 2014 now.

13. Heroicplayer9
    May 11th, 2014 at 8:59 pm

I’ve had some minor lag with bf4 and my xbox360 will over heat which isn’t games fault so I really don’t see what the big deal is I’ve probly play it for like a month also there’s some issues connecting to the server but it gets y