New Battlefield 4 server update has improved anti-cheat system

DICE improves security and stability with new server update.

New Battlefield 4 server update has improved anti-cheat system

DICE just released a new Battlefield 4 server update, which includes a number of behind the scenes improvement. Chief among those is an update to the anti-cheat system, which should now be even better.

The Battlefield 4 R56 server update (the 56th server update to date) also includes stability updates, but DICE has refrained from releasing specific patch notes for the R56 update.

A message to players and sever operators simply says: “Additional stability and security updates on the back-end followed by server restarts.”

The server update was applied yesterday and is now live for all players on all platforms.

Like with any other popular multiplayer game, cheating is always going to be a factor. Over the years, DICE has made continuous improvement to the software to detect and ban players who cheat. They even deliberately left an exploit in the game last year to catch and ban cheaters.

What’s your experience with cheaters in Battlefield 4? Let us know your experience in the comments section!

1. Pike
    February 9th, 2016 at 6:51 pm

I have been killed by players who do not appear on either the mini mapen or on screen

• Major F Problem
      February 10th, 2016 at 9:03 am

Most likely they have been killed already before their highlight reaches your screen.

• biggs14
      February 12th, 2016 at 7:04 am

i had 2 cheats on servers at various times during one night and one had level 2 25 kills and one death and other guy similar and both were being outed during game and they both managed to evade punkbuster and anti cheat detection ,on rogue transmission he was on top of the disc ball and you could see gun popping up and no head or body basically invisible

2. Martin
    February 9th, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Always bad. Specially when they find a spot where they can’t be hit even when you can see half they body

3. Alex-Norway
    February 9th, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Where to find cheaters… Locker… When you have 37-0 on locker and by running, then something is wery wrong.. Its a couple of japanese that is wery extreem cheaters..

• Knightmare
      February 10th, 2016 at 4:56 am

So I’m a cheater when I go 57 and 6 on a 200 percent server… I think you need to learn how to play locker

4. K Petter
    February 9th, 2016 at 10:14 pm

On a 400 map with abort 100 lett for our team we had one play er in the otjer team with 68-2… he made 2 shot kills with hos machinegun on overall 150. …. time over time….

• Major F Problem
      February 10th, 2016 at 9:05 am

I’m fairly confident that no one will understand what you are trying to say. I hope your game play isn’t as bad as your English.

5. Swedes
    February 10th, 2016 at 12:03 am

When shooting a player in the head with an RPG and you see the hit but no damage done and same dude kills you with one shot, or you empty a mag of 30 bullets and no damage and the fi kills me with one shot… All maps, no fun to play, that’s why I stopped playing BF4.

6. Rick0233
    February 10th, 2016 at 2:57 am

Playing from Taiwan on 3 different machines. I don’t claim i am the best player in the world but i keep shooting people who don’t die while they kill me in one split second. I keep shooting at boats that don’t get destroyed and seeing blood coming out from my hits but people are still there with their sniping rifle killing me with one single shot in no time.
    The game is nice but this spoils the game and makes you “butcher’s meat” for anyone with a cheat. Your scores drop and motivation to play drops as well. Since you know your score will be there anyways. Other issues relate to spawn points where you get killed at spawn (repeatedly) and some strange things, like you killing somebody and immediately after being killed by someone else who wasn’t there just one instant before. All these people have really huge scores….like in over 30 kills with just one life lost. Same for planes….you’re on a tank….get killed as you get out of spawn. You’re in a bush hiding…you get killed by the plane dozens of times. Pointless.

7. Yes
    February 10th, 2016 at 6:54 am

I have seen many. One in particular on Golmud, accross for “F” killed me through 2 hills. It wouldn’t say what weapon he killed me with although it looked like a support weapon. Guy went 61 and 2. And the distance was too far to get a one shot kill.

They seriously need to improve the cheating. i would like to see some action once people are reported too.

8. Antowan
    February 10th, 2016 at 10:57 am

I wish next gen had region locks because asians and middle eastern shouldn’t be on American servers. As welk as Brazilian players, high ping players are a cancer on US servers

• Maxy22
      February 11th, 2016 at 9:56 am

im middle eastern and you are right
      but to be honest there is probably no public hosting service here even if ppl hosted here they host from Germany combanys and dont have knowledge that it will be better for them if its hosted locally

9. Maicon
    February 11th, 2016 at 5:54 am

bf4 is full of hackers, but not anymore the ones who flies on the map or kills with no gun.

Todays hackers hitkills you, use wallhack, nospread and norecoil.

February 14th, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Wait people still play this….

11. NateK
    February 15th, 2016 at 9:11 am

I’d like to share with you all, that I have the ultimate way to find cheaters and I didn’t even set out to find them. I enjoy RECON. I like using the PLD to target tanks planes and boats more than doing any fighting or sniping. It helps to secure objectives, by making the enemy pull back and retreat to safety, but not a cheater. I have found that cheats will INSTANTLY target and shoot at me even though you typically NEVER know where it is coming from. If I get shot at and/or killed instantly after I get a lock on, I will be highly suspicious, give them benefit of the doubt and if it happens again I’ll know. Also check their score and you’ll seal the deal. It is pretty definitive and should be on any “how to find a hacker” checklist.

12. DK
    June 24th, 2016 at 10:44 pm

No, this supposedly anti-cheat hack does nothing. Tons of cheaters in the servers. Especially in any close quarter combat map. Cheaters are thriving because DICE can’t develop a decent anti-cheat code. It can be done, but they could care less. And DICE and EA need to change their EULA to state that any cheat, first time offenders included should be permanently banned and their EA account shutdown forever. Both Ubisoft and Steam are now doing this and it is AWESOME!