Battlefield 4 Field Upgrades
Battlefield 4 Field Upgrades are squad-based in-game unlocks which can be earned and used during a match. Field upgrades in Battlefield 4 are squad based, and the better the squad performs, the more powerful upgrades they get. There are several different paths that players can chose when it comes to Battlefield 4 Field Upgrades, from offensive, to defensive, to support, etc. Each player can chose a different patch, depending on his play style. If a squad is eliminated in the match (everyone is dead at the same time), some of the progress will be lost.
Battlefield 4 Field Upgrades list
There are several groups and types of Battlefield 4 Field Upgrades, from offensive, to defensive, etc. When spawning, players can chose their path. The field upgrades are reset after each match — every new round, all squads start at the bottom and work their way up again. Completing certain objectives and following orders from the Commander results in faster upgrades. Here’s the list of known field upgrades:
- Defensive: Armor – Cover – Flak – Quick regen
- Offensive: Print – Ammo – Grenades – Reduced Fall
- Shadow: Quick unspot – Sprint – Reduced Fall – Stealth
- Combat Medic: Medkit upgrade – Sprint – Defibrillator – Medical Unit
- Grenadier: Grenades – Sprint – 40mm grenades – Flak
- Anti-tank: Mines – Rockets – More deployed explosives – Flak
- Mechanic: Fast repair – Flak – Cover – Repair unit
- Indirect fire: Ammo box upgrade – Ammo – Indirect fire – Resupply unit
- Perimeter defense: Ammo – Suppression – Claymores – MP-APS
- Spec Ops: Stealth – C4 Explosives – Motion sensors – Quick unspot
- Sniper: Hold breath – Cover – Quick Unspot – Advanced spot
The image to the right shows the squad members (in green), and the current progress of obtaining the Battlefield 4 field upgrades.
The Battlefield 4 Field Upgrades are different from individual specializations, which players can earn and use in multiplayer. Players will earn these as they rank up.